Would you sport a goldwing?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Wifey says i can have any motorcycle i want as long as it's a Honda Goldwing.

Would you own a Goldwing?

Not sure it's my style but what the heck!

it sure looks plush!!!!!

anyone here own one? would you recomend?

2012-Honda-Gold-Wing.jpg

sorry if i posted in the wrong room but i can't see the bird room or "behind the green door" rooms.

Thansk!

GCP

on two wheels and open road, any bike is fun. Goldwings aren't my particular style in bikes, but there again as long as your riding there's always gonna be respect given.

Mikey P

Administrator
If said wife is going to be on the back at least 85% of the time, go for it.

We took one out for a few days and loved it, well at least I did.

I know guys who fly solo on them all the time. No thanks, super comfy and excellent power but what a tank. Thank gawd for the reverse gear.

I prefer a bike well under 600 pounds

Becker

Name
Becker
I agree with Mike..

I have an old guy client..

He has a nice caddy.. He drives it when he takes his wife out and about.

Then he has a more sporty car he prefers to drive, but never subjects his wife to it. She prefers the cloud.

John Watson

I still take my Patches out for a spin, he's a 96 1500, Had a major Boo boo in 97, all who saw it agreed, any other type of scooter both my Helen and I most probably wouldn't be here. I rebuilt him and in 99 rode him to the first Connections in Vegas. Don't ride as much as I want cause my Helen won't get back on and try to catch the wind with me. I have had all types HD's chopper and dresser V8 Trykes and all in between Love the wing, If I was younger and knew I was going to be alone I would get a BMW....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
George III said:
Wifey says i can have any motorcycle i want as long as it's a Honda Goldwing.

Would you own a Goldwing?

Not sure it's my style but what the heck!

it sure looks plush!!!!!

anyone here own one? would you recomend?

2012-Honda-Gold-Wing.jpg

sorry if i posted in the wrong room but i can't see the bird room or "behind the green door" rooms.

Thansk!

Why not just buy a car.

Not much difference to me. :lol:

300_145087.jpg

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
it's my parents fault!

they bought my first motorcycle at age 7. it was a Honda 50 cc with 3 gears.

been hooked ever since!

images

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How funny. My parents bought us kids a 50cc and a 70 cc

Jen won't let me get a bike. :cry:

Although with this traffic in the Dallas area, I would be hesitent to get one and ride it anyway.

Worst traffic I've ever seen and an accident on the side of the road every couple of miles.

You would think that would give them a hint to calm the hell down. lol

Walt

I did some work for an aftermarket Goldwing place (metric cruiser?) several years back. The mechanic in the back looked like your typical biker dude. Beard, bandana, leather jacket. I asked him if he road a Goldwing. He said he had a couple of Harleys and a Goldwing. For around town he took a Harley, for going any distance, he took the Goldwing. He said it was his favorite bike. He said it was smooth as silk.

I was very surprised.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I will say the newest generation looms much better than previous years, but no, I wouldn't buy one

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
might as well go buy a ragtop car they probley lighter
i had a 1200 lt bmw for a couple of years about the same as a goldwing
much rather have a 500 lb bike
i took it on a 1200 round trip it was nice but still would
rather been driven a ragtop
those downpours that week was a bitch
i traded the lt on a 1200gs i wish i still had that bike ugly but way more comfy
on a daily basis

Name
jack zerkie
Iv,e had wings for the past 30 yrs owned a few Harleys back in cleve, had lots of winter time to fix and clean. I love the wing for long trips you can ride all day no problem. Now have a 02 1800 fuel injection, it just keeps going. What I don,t like is I can,t tow my truckmount with the wing, but it,s great for everything else.jz

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Now, just maybe, the hogs you ride over there, are entirely different to the hogs down under.

I don't know.

But one thing I do know is, that after going for a scoot on a GW for a couple of days, compared to a hog is, you don't need the spend the next day tightening your nuts.

I'm not a loud person and I like my comfort, the GW, or an old Yammie Virago, give me both.

See if that puts the cat amongst the pigeons. shiteatinggrin

Ooroo.

Name
jack zerkie
How many guys can hold 900 lbs between their legs, I can even at 69 yrs young. The Harleys I had were fun around town, but to travel 600 to 800 miles a day at high speeds the wing is the only way to go, some days we go so far that my lipstick won,t stay on. jz.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
In the springtime a young man's fancy turns to .............. motorcycles.

I think I can survive another springtime without one, as I've done for the past three. But if not, a Wing will be WAY down on my list.

I like something more nimble and athletic. Something I can get a little air on and throw into a curve.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
Says the "Whipped Bitch".

So Brian- You don't like my "Harley at half the cost?"

Whipped is just part of the game GrassHopper. !gotcha!
Talk to STeve T about the "illusion of control" and get back to me.

Harley at half the cost, half the style, half the fun, half the self respect, half the patriotism.....need I say more?

And for the record, I road my shovel thousands of miles.....of course I was in my 20's. :oops:
but it was very comfortable to me.
Extended swing arm, wide glide with apes.....It was like lounging in a lazy boy.

Of course my balls and my back would probably fall off now....so who knows? :lol:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i rode a rigid frame 80 in knucklehED from Oakland to Detroit once.....
my ass STILL ain't right! :twisted:

btw......80 inches WAS a big deal in the sixtys......

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Sorry to say, Brian, if you debadged most cruisers made today, most people would be hard pressed to tell which bikes are harleys.

Jimbo

I like Goldwings!...smooth as silk!

I got back into street riding on a wing that I got from packfancjh's parents...a very sweet ride!

Even took my m/c license on that wing...that was fun...I figured after scooting for about 20 years without a license...maybe I was pushing my 'luck', as it were!

I decided to sell it and move onto some sportier bikes after continually dragging the footpegs on mountain roads...where I love to ride.

Here is the current ride...an 03 R1150 BMW RTP...an ex Reno PD Bike...

014.jpg

NOW I am considering going back to dual-sport...we have a lot of nice trails right by my house...I could ride dirt to Ely NV...get on a trail about a block and a half from the house

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom