Wow, slow week in sales!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
This is the slowest week that we've had for sales for months. Between google messing with our places listing and new startups running their full page ad. This past week a new company ran a full page front and back flyer in our cities' newspaper the Lexington Herald with coupons for Whole House 7 rooms $129., 5 Rooms $99, 2 Rooms $49., Couch/love seat/2 chairs for $100. !! This is as bad as last year when one of my friendly competitors decided to try groupon. I see lots of new start ups all the time but never one that marketed this much. Only good thing is I get to see my grand boys this week and really not that busy. Last week was crazy busy, this week just awful!

Name
Lee Stockwell
They just wasted a LOT of money Billy! You can count.

Keep your truck VERY visible. Even if it's slow, get out and be visible between 8-9am and 5-6pm. Phone WILL ring.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thanks Lee, You reminded me when we used to live in Winchester I would always go the long way around the Lexington belt line on the way back to shop. I was thinking about this weeks sales situation while out doing our 3 scheduled jobs and kinda chuckled to myself that 2 years ago I would have been jumping with joy if we had done as much as we will on this 4 day slow week! lol

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Busy week here. But, google ate all my 5 star reviews.

Over 30 of them.

Clients have been leaving new reviews and they disappear in a couple of days.

Wonder how many weeks it will take for them to perculate back?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Having the truck out would be great if women ever looked at them. Maybe they do more down south. Women around here are way to involved with themselves. They never look at trucks. I've seen several women just this week putting on make-up while they drive. And the rest are always on the phone.

FredC

Village Idiot
Royal Man said:

Over 30 of them.

Probably never......

when you buy your reviews on fiverr and odesk one of those reviewers is likely to trip the alarm with his efforts because there is no incentive for them to do it "wisely" since they can simply switch IPs and create another account.........and google starts looking around......taking you down to only your legit reviews

Thats why you had reviewers that were not only reviewing your company but others in several states on the same day..........

Oh well Dave....ya had a good run............

Name
Yohance
This biz can go like that. Just keep grinding and keep positive and it will come around. Google places listing are well known for this. Very buggy. And IMO without the stars they don't stand out so much anymore anyhow. We just have a 1-3 rating now. Stupid!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Think I discovered that the mrs may have "bumped" a few jobs to next week so I would have time to get some things in order for our triP to see the grand boys! This makes alot more sense because the week prior I worked both Saturday and Sunday to stay caught up. Dang women, always got their own agenda!

Cameron1

FredC said:
Royal Man said:

Over 30 of them.

Probably never......

when you buy your reviews on fiverr and odesk one of those reviewers is likely to trip the alarm with his efforts because there is no incentive for them to do it "wisely" since they can simply switch IPs and create another account.........and google starts looking around......taking you down to only your legit reviews

Thats why you had reviewers that were not only reviewing your company but others in several states on the same day..........

Hehehe

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Funny....... if I ever have an unexpected downturn in business, I never blame my competition.

Name
I'm Rick James
FredC said:
Royal Man said:

Over 30 of them.

Probably never......

I have heard that google's new algorithms are taking care of the businesses that "game" the reviews. I think that is why some people have trouble with Yelp because they tried gaming their system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom