Wrap it, or paint it, or both?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
My box van is 12 years old. I took off the lettering because I was going to sell it. Now I am going to keep it and need to re-letter it. My question is this. Will a wrap look as good if I don't paint it first?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wouldn't do both, on a box isn't about $3,500.00 for each?
I'd wrap it and cover all areas so you don't have to paint it.

I just sold one because I didn't want to spend the $3,500.00 and it needed painting it was a 1996. Bought new and hopefully won't need to deal with it for 10-15 years.

Mike Draper

I wrapped mine in full, box cab and all. It was about $3,500. now the truck looks brand new...it did before i wrapped it to :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wraps are awesome.....Just don't OVER do it and make it cluttered.

Some empty space is good....even if it's part of the wrap...Get your point across and make it pretty......But every inch of space doesn't need to be taken up.

Good luck....Post pics when you're done!

Bob Foster

FLYERMAN said:
My box van is 12 years old. I took off the lettering because I was going to sell it. Now I am going to keep it and need to re-letter it. My question is this. Will a wrap look as good if I don't paint it first?

If you paint it then you wont be able to put the wrap material on it for at least a month or more. New paint doesn't like wrap material.

Personally I would just wrap it on the existing paint because you won't likely get any more money for the van after you eventually remove the wrap that if you had painted the van before you wrapped it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Brian R said:
Wraps are awesome.....Just don't OVER do it and make it cluttered.

Some empty space is good....even if it's part of the wrap...Get your point across and make it pretty......But every inch of space doesn't need to be taken up.

Good luck....Post pics when you're done!

Brian Got it!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the guy I was talking to wanted to know just how much attention I wanted my truck to attract. Wraps can give that "LOOK AT ME" look. Depends on what look you're after.
In my own case, after we talked about it for 30 min we decided that paint and lettering would give me the look I'm looking for and would save me about $1000. The paint I'm going to use is an acrylic polymer, touch as nails and stands up to rubs from branches a lot better.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mike Draper said:
I wrapped mine in full, box cab and all. It was about $3,500. now the truck looks brand new...it did before i wrapped it to :lol:

cept that UGLY ASS PROPANE TANK.....AND THAT DAMN FLOOR :shock: :shock: shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Mike Draper

the tank looks fine. Its clean and i think the wrap draws the attention. I dont want people reading what the tank says on it. I would rather them focus on the truck, which they do. Lots of comments from business owners around town and not one peep about "whats that tank or anything".

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I'll get it wrapped but am going to wait until spring.

I am going to wrap just the box. Any thoughts on why that would be a bad idea?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think you could get away with it if you include a stripe or portion of the doors. Something to tie the cab to the box, doesn't have to extravagant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom