Wutteryagonnado?

blaisesdaddy

gotta go with Matt on this one. Who needs the extra headaches and BS. I don't care how old she is, this is a recipe for trouble. Do you really wanna be the "lousy carpet cleaner who couldn't do a simple job"? Bad press for sure. That said, speaking with the landlord is probably the best advice if you are definitely going to do the job. I would have been suspicious from the moment she asked " is this Pastor Josh"?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Josh said:
Shoot, you know me.

When I got done quoting the carpet I went down to the hardware store and got some fly tape/strips and hung them up for her. I told her if she couldn't find someone to take them down for her she could just call me and I'll take them down.

The job is scheduled for the 19th, just like she asked. If I don't get paid, I don't get paid. But at least she won't get kicked out. :|

That's why I love Josh. You're a good man.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Those who would have walked away......

What if you are in her position someday, your mother or father, your grandparent, your sister, brother or child? We can't always be there to make sure our loved one's will be okay, sometimes we as a society have to step in and take care of those who, for whatever reason, cannot take care of themselves.

I had my local Meals on Wheels let me know whenever they encountered someone like that in need and I did those jobs for free. We take a lot from this world and community as we grow and live and it's important to give back as much as we can. Touch a stranger's life in a positive way.

If they scammed you (doubtful) it is them doing the wrong thing, not you. You can still hold your head up and know your heart was in the right place.

Take care,
Lisa

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JOSH......... :!:

IF YOU WOULD CHECK...YOUR....PM's....YOU COULD BE CLEANING THIS LADY....

"WITH YOUR "new" EQUIPMENT"................................. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

"The Lord works in mYsTErIoUs WAYS".....I also left you a phone message..

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I have lots of stories like this unfortunately many turn out badly.

i did work for little old lady she lived in an old dilapidated farm house and needed a rug cleaned badly it was very soiled and moth infestation she had other rugs and then house and i warned her that the other rugs could be infested but she could only aford the one rug. I cleaned the rug and delivered it back at a discount and charged her less than it cost me to clean. About 6 months go by and she call me and blames me for the moth infestation in her house/other rugs and expects me to clean and repair them at no charge to her she also though the rug i cleaned looked dirty again so i should take it back and re-clean it too all for free :shock:

Several years go by and i'm doing work down the street for the old farm house and i mention the old lady in the dilapidated farm house turns out the small farm house was with a large chunk of property behind lake ridge high school in lake Oswego a middle to upper income area she sold the property off over the years turns out she's loaded....

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
:roll:

I’m starting to get a little sour on residential. I’m running into allot of losing propositions. The kind of work that takes allot of extra time but will never look or smell all that great so It’s hard to justify charging much. I just turned in a bad check for a single mom to the DA for prosecution. I feel kind of bad about that. I think I would have let her slide if she would talk to me about it.

Mike Draper

John G. said:
Run, good customers are PAYING customers, it is not your obligation to put yourself at risk.

I thought you said you were a Christian?? I would do the job for free. I did $4232.00 worth of Free charity cleaning this year. And as you say it, I'm no Christian, I work for Satin.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Mike Draper said:
[quote="John G.":17lag0u4]Run, good customers are PAYING customers, it is not your obligation to put yourself at risk.

I thought you said you were a Christian?? I would do the job for free. I did $4232.00 worth of Free charity cleaning this year. And as you say it, I'm no Christian, I work for Satin.[/quote:17lag0u4]

Interesting juxtaposition between the views of John the Christian and that Atheist, Lisa.

I agree with the views of Fred and Larry.

My own view is that this situation presents itself as a perfect testing ground for a few different urine odor removal products.

I would not clean the carpet ( too risky ) but would spray down one room with Brampton's Pet Odor remover and another one with a different product, say one by Pros Choice. I'd then compare that to putting down Pro's Choice's Gold Dust or other powdered odor absorber in another room.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I had my local Meals on Wheels let me know whenever they encountered someone like that in need and I did those jobs for free. We take a lot from this world and community as we grow and live and it's important to give back as much as we can. Touch a stranger's life in a positive way.

Because we wouldn't take time away from people we are already serving to help someone who has plenty of tenants rights, no connection to us whatsoever and story that is suspect. I think if you actually read my post which said if you already aren't doing enough for your community to walk away from an uncertain situation that you should be ashamed of yourself. Since reading the replies she can call a number of carpet cleaners who would be stupid enough to do it. If you want to give away your service call the council on aging in your area and they will have [plenty of people on a list if you ask.

I clean the local youth center 3 times a week 4,000 sq ft of mopping and vacuuming for a whopping $100. I do free mondays every 2 months for the council on aging, I clean the local battered womans shelter, the carpets at the library and many more discounted programs than I would want to mention. If I am being judged because I wouldn't clean an unaffiliated total stranger who just happened to call me fior free and assume all the risk and liability that is absurd.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I totally agree with Greg. I try to clean 2000 sf of carpets per month for local non-profits. I prefer to do daycares in churches, that's where I feel my work would have the best benefit.

I would be happy to feed the little old lady, but not clean her carpets in this situation.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I understand guys.

We all have to decide where to put our charitable energies....my downfall....I always made churches pay full price. :wink:

Take care,
Lisa

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HARPER said:
JOSH......... :!:

IF YOU WOULD CHECK...YOUR....PM's....YOU COULD BE CLEANING THIS LADY....

"WITH YOUR "new" EQUIPMENT"................................. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

"The Lord works in mYsTErIoUs WAYS".....I also left you a phone message..

TFF!

G

She called me today while I was talking to Harper this lady is very old and hard to understand and so I gave the phone to my wife. My wife said that the lady's sister died yesterday and so she wanted to barrow $100 to buy her some flowers. My wife told her that we don't have that kind of money to loan out but if we did, we'd loan it to her. She asked, "What about from the church?" My wife had to explain to her that I, even though I'm the pastor, don't have any the authority to write checks from the church account and that we would have to have a board meeting to get it approved.

I plan to keep the appointment to clean her carpet and I'm gonna keep praying about it.

p.s. Harper- there's nothing in my p.m. inbox. ?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Flowers for a dead person are not a neccessity, or even a comfort. I would have kindly refused that request as weel.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Flowers for a dead person are not a neccessity, or even a comfort. I would have kindly refused that request as weel.

Take care,
Lisa

braddaddy

I would talk to the LL like others have said... maybe he/she can guarantee the 100. Or he/she can hire you and collect the 100 from the old lady. Either way you might get other biz out of the LL. Or.... if the LL wont go for it, I would do the job. And expect my money. Then when I get it I can give it back to her if I felt charitable. You never know... Old lady might have family/friends who she would tell of your generosity.. I would give my business to a contractor that did that for someone I knew.

Wouldn't the cost of the job be deductible if done for charity?? as a charitable contribution?

John G.

What a bunch of judgemental hypocrites, Josh asked a business decision, I answered based on experience.

I do a LOT of free jobs, I CHOOSE which ones I do for free, I visit my elderly customers, etc... not important

But to see you bunch of hypocrites judge a guy for giving sound advice is laughable.

Getting screwed is not charity, if Josh wants to do CHARITY MORE POWER TO HIM, but any idiot can get screwed by being stupid, that doesn't make them a wise, giving person...

Sure is easy to separate the sheep from the goats.

Name
jack zerkie
Call one of the whole house carpet cleaners for $ 49.00 let them do the job and you will only be out that amount and she can keep calling them, what will she loose her deposit? Jack Z.

Greenie

I'm in full agreeance, if the Landlord wants it cleaned so bad, he ought to pay for it. Besides what does he care, when she's gone (maybe sooner than later) He's just gonna have to replace the carpet anyways.

Something is fishy with this story, who threatens to kick a paying tenant out if they don't clean the carpet?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
Something is fishy with this story, who threatens to kick a paying tenant out if they don't clean the carpet?

when it becomes so foul it's a health hazard.
just a hunch, but I'd guess urine isn't the only issue

..L.T.A.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We did a small WDR job for a very old and very confused lady in a mobile home park. We did not charge her and she didn't have insurance. She calls back to complain that "We left a few pieces of insulation in her yard and could we clean it up?". It was pretty funny. I think she thought the people who owned the park paid for it. Makes everyone feel good at work and it's sometimes the right thing to do. I feel fortunate that we are able to do it once and a while. It's a small world.
Al

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Greenie said:
I'm in full agreeance, if the Landlord wants it cleaned so bad, he ought to pay for it. Besides what does he care, when she's gone (maybe sooner than later) He's just gonna have to replace the carpet anyways.

IF IT IS A SECTION 8....PROPERTY....THE REQIRE REGULAR INSPECTIONS OF THE DWELLING
& ANY ABNOMAL ABUSE IS REQUIRE TO BE ADDRESSED BY THE TENNANT....!!!!!

PS..SORRY FOR THE CAPPS....BUT SOME "TURD"...HAS DISSABLED MY EMOTIONCONS....
SO..."I AM ON A CAPPS JIHAD...UNTIL THEY ARE TURNED BACK ON.."...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Harper- Have you checked to verify that you aren't the "TURD" that disabled your smilies? There are options for them in the user control panel.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Doug Cox said:
Harper- Have you checked to verify that you aren't the "TURD" that disabled your smilies? There are options for them in the user control panel.

Thanks for CaRinG DOUG...[smile]

I am Re-TuRdEd....BUT it says my SmiLeS are on..[confused]

I think it is my "nEmIsEs"...SHAWN...!!!!!!!!!

He is "FlAuNtInG " his BUTTON...[sad]...!!!!

ps...Even if it is NOT him..?...I am still going to BlAmE it on hIm....[lol]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom