Xerox Phaser for Postcards Not Supported?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Name
Steve Lawrence
My Xerox 8550, which we bought to print postcards on 110# Xerox paper with Xerox brand ink has printed over 13,000 pages with little problem until now. It's jamming up. We had their tech out to look at it and he installed some new rollers in the paper pick-up drawer. It worked okay for maybe 100 sheets but now is jamming again.

I called for support and they tell me the printer is not specified for #110 card stock. Well, their tech showed me a chart that says that paper works fine in tray 1 or 2. Support tech on the phone disagrees and says they will not support it for that paper.

Is anyone else using the 8550 for postcards? How is it going?

I'm going to talk to another dept. at Xerox to find out what can be done if anything. I'm feeling shafted. I know we told the salesman what we wanted to do with our printer. I also bought the dumb 3 yr warranty for about $360. Shit.

-JB-

Name
JB
We have found that it won't handle much higher than #65, unless you hand feed, not gonna happen 700X over.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Can't you just e-mail a copy to a professional printer and have it outsourced so you won't have any in house issues? After playing around doing it in house I gave up and let someone else do it.In the long run it will be less headache and cheaper.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for #110 stock feed it threw tray # 1
one side and then flip it and do the other side

we have the same one and that is what we do for the heaver card stock.....

Name
Steve Lawrence
Thanks all.

Well, I cleaned the pick-up rollers with soapy water and a little rubbing alcohol mixed together and applied with a coffee filter per my techs instructions. It has just printed several hundred sheets of 110# card stock with no problem.

I'll keep you posted on what Xerox has to say.

-JB-

Name
JB
5,000 full color both sides high gloss uv coated very heavy card stock....

$189.25 shipped to the door

Cost of paying a local lady, to answer phones, book jobs, care about client satisfaction, enters invoice and booking information on a daily basis, prints cut/fold & stamp over 1000 pieces of mail monthly, and is happy to have a job...

PRICELESS.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Wow, that is a great deal and worthy of consideration. I'll have them send me some samples hopefully.

Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom