Yellow book

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Any of you guys advertise on yellowbook? I got a call from them today and they are talking $89 a month for gold placement online and an ad in the physical book. I wouldnt be advertising carpet cleaning (Im doing carpet cleaning part time.) I would be advertising my security company.
Any input would be appreciated.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
i think they are done here in my area
we did it for a couple of years no good
I don't think they had hardly any advertisers in there last year.
talking yellow pages are history here also

S

sam miller

Royal Man said:
What's the Yellow Pages?

Yellow book! poormans Yellowpages.

Congratz Dave on not turning this into a Google places Infomercial!

I dont know how the yellowbook works in Your area but if theres more competition in your field you'll get less pull. It worked for me first year then a bunch of comp jumped in and I dropped it.

I'll cgime in for Dave webpage linked to googleplaces wiyh reviews! AWESOME

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
sam miller said:
[quote="Royal Man":3n5902o1]What's the Yellow Pages?

Yellow book! poormans Yellowpages.

Congratz Dave on not turning this into a Google places Infomercial!

I dont know how the yellowbook works in Your area but if theres more competition in your field you'll get less pull. It worked for me first year then a bunch of comp jumped in and I dropped it.

I'll cgime in for Dave webpage linked to googleplaces wiyh reviews! AWESOME[/quote:3n5902o1]

Sorry, Not trying to over sell Google Places. Just that I have found that if you work it. It can be a very effective and very low cost (or no cost) way to draw great prospects.

Then you can tell the Yellow Pages, Groupon, Val pak and other stuff to piss off!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't know about your area but here that book dropped to a half size hand book a few years ago. :x
This year the print is so tiny you need a magnifying glass to read the print. :shock:

The book here is garbage!

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Yellow book and their rural distribution here is a joke.
They throw the books in plastic bags and drop them off at everybody's mailbox or at the end of the driveway.
For 3 years running they have been delivered in December during a snowstorm,
and with the plows running to clear the roads you can guess where most of the books end up till spring.

I remember when the Utility company phone book people actually knocked on your door, gave you books
and personally checked you off on a checklist.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
yeah i figured the book wasnt good but the saleswoman kept pressing on the success of their online book. But I think you guys are right.

How does google places and ratings work?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
we had some decent size ads in yellowbook this year, polled the last 100 customers and not one had found us in the book - dropping it for good now

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Yellow Book, Yellow Pages, Dex Knows, Home Pages, the market is so diluted for a rather obsolete advertising vehicle. 2010 I ran a small ad in Dex. For every job I do, the customer source is identified. 3 jobs came in from yellow pages. Maybe I should have bought the full page ad?

RIP-Yellow-Pages.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom