Yellowing Under Sofas

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Had a job today on a white nylon carpet. All three of the sofas sat real close to the carpet. All the areas had yellowing. There was a little rust on these areas so I used the rust remover and it removed the rust but also removed the yellowing. The yellowing had the same kind of look when a customer puts down area rugs. No way am I going to use rust remover to remove these large areas of yellowing. Is there another product I could spray down to remove these large areas of yellowing?

Golden Boy

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Citric acid can leave a sticky residue, so it's usually recommended you rinse it out... which may bring the yellow back. It's cheap though, so just about every company uses it instead what really works and isn't sticky - tartaric acid.

As far as I know there's only one company making a product using tartaric; Winsol Labs. The product is called "Carpet Renewer" but it works great on upholstery as well.

http://www.winsol.com

gquante

It will most likely come back in a few months if you use vinegar, Citric is the way to go use a 10% solution spray it on lightly AFTER cleaning and let dry, a 10% solution is not that sticky!!!. Must be a older carpet they fixed that problem years ago

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The Great Oz said:
Citric acid can leave a sticky residue, so it's usually recommended you rinse it out... which may bring the yellow back. It's cheap though, so just about every company uses it instead what really works and isn't sticky - tartaric acid.

As far as I know there's only one company making a product using tartaric; Winsol Labs. The product is called "Carpet Renewer" but it works great on upholstery as well.

http://www.winsol.com
Bryan, I went on their site and they do not have a product called "carpet Renew", I called the company and they said that the product I am looking for is called "brown Out".- http://www.winsol.com/defoam.htm
Is that the one?
Also, do you rinse it out or spray and leave on carpet?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The best part about tartaric is that you can rinse it or not, which can be handy if you're trying to undo color damage caused by oxidizer use. The "Brown Out" contains an oxider, so isn't the same product. Sorry about directing you to the Carpet Renewer. If it isn't in their catalogue it's a special for us, or maybe anyone willing to invest in the 64 gallon minimum order.

PS: We're seeing a huge influx of Asian-sourced furniture that turns yellow when cleaned. Customers that have discovered that their $4,000 "Danish" sofa was made in China and cost the retailer $600 (and has no factory or retailer warranty) get pretty angry, so maybe this will be a short-lived gouge.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've had good luck with Prochem's Yellow rx.

It has both Citic and Sulamfic acid in it, it's worked for us on a lot of those yellowing problems. It doesn't leave a noticable stickiness, but I'm not sure if it attracts soil later.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If I remember a quote from you a few weeks ago.....just out of curiosity, couldn't Merle's give the correct answer?

PS: stain zone the area, rake in and it should possibly take the stain out...or Stain Magic if you prefer. We find stain zone won't leave the carpet crusty.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
If I had a brother. One thing is fo shure. I wouldnt let carpet cleaning ruin our relationship. Ya Carpet Cleaning. Sad.

Golden Boy

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Waldo said:
If I had a brother. One thing is fo shure. I wouldnt let carpet cleaning ruin our relationship. Ya Carpet Cleaning. Sad.

Golden Boy
There's a lot more to it than that. Not carpet cleaning related. Ask him where he was during my moms cancer. Ask him why there are four of us that get along in the family and who chose to shut the rest of us out. Maybe you should hear the rest of our familys side of the story. You can contact me if you want all the dirty stuff instead of the one person one sided.....this is a very small list. If you want to hear all the evil things I would be more than happy to share since it seems he has shared his side.... by the way, he shut us out. You can PM me for more details or call. I would be real curious to hear what is being said any way. In the mean time try the stain zone.

Mark Saiger
http://www.saigers.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom