Yelp again...

Mikey P

Administrator
Can I see some hands of folks that get work from Yelp on a regular basis?

and have any of you upgraded to a premium package?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
hands.jpg

I've thought about upgrading.

I haven't asked for any reviews.

I was just talking to someone the other day about getting off my ass and soliciting some real reviews.

All it takes is an email after the job is done with a link...make it easy for them.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
They also have to register on yelp to leave a review. I keep hitting a roadblock. I have been trying to work the yelp thang but have yet to see sucess. Several customers have agreed to leave reviews on yelp and elsewhere but most do not seem to follow through.

I have even pulled up the review screen on customers puters before I left, still no review...

In my frustration, today I bought a review. "Mrs. Piff, you have said several nice things about the work we have done for you. Would you mind sharing your impression of my business on google local? I will give you $20 off of todays invoice. Just write a nice note on goggle before we are done."

This worked.

topnotchman

how long does it take to get a listing on there? I submitted over 2 weeks ago still hasn't "verified" it yet.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Mike, you have great reviews, do you talk to your clients about Welp when you are at their place working? I have been reluctant to sign up, seems like you are really putting your name on the line. Looks like it is working well for you and Damien.

Mikey P

Administrator
If they came from Yelp I ask if they are members or lurkers.

Most are lurkers.

Most that have used us have not left a review

an yes, you better be on your game withe regular Yelpers

gary mackay

The crack baby generation has told me Yelp is the new trend and I get many calls from it, I was supposed to upgrade but lost the guys number and I'm going to pursue it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
topnotchman said:
how long does it take to get a listing on there? I submitted over 2 weeks ago still hasn't "verified" it yet.

I belive I got verified right away. Did you click the link in the email they sent you in the sign up proccess?

Kind like Angieslist, it can help or hurt you. If your doing good work you should be ok.
I've had an A+ rating since 07 in Angieslist. I got one part of a review where the guy gave us a B for punctuallity. :roll:
They still let me on the honor roll. We'll see if it hurts my chances at my super service award for 2010.
Somehow I think I will b ok.

If you follow up when you screw up, most people will still give you a good review. We all make mistakes...not all of us fix our mistakes.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can't count how many jobs I've gotten from Angieslist. Almost all of them higher end jobs.
I've got a few reviews since 07 but I always ask them to go back and give me a review if they came from AL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom