Yelp.

Becker

Name
Becker
Anyone have success having positive reviews staying unfiltered with out paying money or activating a deal?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
They will filter almost all of your reviews if you advertise with them. They told me it looks "biased" to have a business headlining and on the first page. And of course, the one bad review I got won't go away :shock:

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I tried hard in the beginning once I was told about Yelp. I found unless there Yelpers who have had an acct and left prior reviews they will end up in the filtered section. I have tried the pay per click and it did not work well for us.
I only ask for reviews now if there Yelpers with prior reviews, otherwise I tell them don't worry about it. So many people just shop on Yelp but don't leave reviews. They are happy to sign up and leave one but, it will hurt your overall good reviews with regards to being on the page.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Seems that a major determining factor in whether a particular users review will remain live or not is based on that particular users frequency of "activity" within Yelp, or lack there of.

Name
I'm Rick James
I really do believe that Yelp hooks you up if you play ball with them.. meaning they profit from your business. I guess that's business.

When Yelp started making money off of me, they added already filtered reviews to the main page and don't filter as much. Only 1 recent review got filtered. I am still a small growing company and have benefited greatly from Yelp for getting me new clients, but more importantly giving my business street cred with actual customer reviews.. which are priceless.

Yelp also helps me get 1st page google in my area, so I will continue to use their service and is one of my best marketing outlets.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I've got to figure this yelp thing out. I got a bad review from a nasty chinese restaurant in a town 60 miles away. When they called, I told them I would not work for a restaurant that only cleaned once a year and was 60 miles away. I told them if I ever got to Childress, I'd stop by, but I haven't been there since I got their call. It's my only review and it's not a good one.

amygeorge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom