Yippee!

Mikey P

Administrator
No fans, the exposed HVAC is filthy dusty..

20181112_135354.gif
20181112_135434.jpg

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Thats rough... makes me tired looking at that.. be nice to have the propane stripper and autoscrubber... Be done quicker..

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Yes you are correct, but unless you’re doing a large grocery store or larger, there’s not much need. My buddies used to use them, but hardly now. Kinda like Quigley said, “ I sai d I had no use for em, didn’t say I couldn’t use it”.

Reactions: DAT

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Ok whatever. I’ve been doing it this way for 30 yrs. but you drag the dehu. I’ll use Patton fans. Especially when they’re telling you we have mass in 45 min. You learn to dry em.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ok whatever. I’ve been doing it this way for 30 yrs. but you drag the dehu. I’ll use Patton fans. Especially when they’re telling you we have mass in 45 min. You learn to dry em.
Different situation. Original post was about a beauty school, likely to have lots of stray hair that will be spread by fans.

steve_64

Pretty sure most sealers say do not use fans to dry.
I thought it was for leveling.
I use them but I give it about ten minutes before I turn them on.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I use fans to speed dry but I point them up from the floor on low. Just to increase airflow. Drying time is 45 minutes to 1 hour without fans and about half an hour with.

steve_64

Every coat was dry in under 20, why take the risk?
The directions on the product I use says to let dry an hour between coats. I wait till its dry to the touch or almost before using the fan. It helps with low spots and corners that may take longer to dry.

20 to 30 minutes between coats usually for me. I have rushed it and reapplied after 15 minutes or so too.

Name
Matt Ross
Waiting for wax to dry is such a time waste. I try to strip floors on Friday night, then throughout the weekend I come in randomly and put another coat on. No waiting. I realize that doesn't work everywhere, but some of my commercial accounts it does. If I cant do that I have my helper wax behind us as we go while I keep stripping.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
its all gonna get scuffed up in a week or 2 anyways and lose its shine unless they hire you to burnish it...

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom