You and.............02

Cameron1

Three call backs in 5 days. All have a white powder residue on carpets thru-out. None have a history of carpet fresh,and all are repeat clients with no problems before. One dog taken to the emergency room at 5 am due to severe allergy reaction that started shorty after the carpets were cleaned.

The only common link is the 02 system.........cleaner and rinse. Been using the system on all trucks for about a month with no problems except one lady did call saying her child had an attack (this was three weeks ago) and wanted to make sure we had not changed solutions. I did not think it was the 02 at that time, but now I am starting to wonder. We will stop all 02 products tomorrow untill we get this figured out.

What do you think?

Cameron1

No problem with the mixing.

To serious of a potential problem to limit it to just a phone call. The vast brain power of this community is just to good a resource to not have its valuable input.

As I stated, 02 is the common link, but in no way am I saying that it is the problem........... but if like you say we are mixing it too strong, then that information needs to be pulbic too.

Cameron1

ODIN said:
sure your boys did not mix any of that Georgia peanut butter with the chems

come on white powder residue?

I have been using O2 longer than any one here even before it was made public.

on thing I have noticed is that after the pre-spray with the orange smell once you rinse it's pretty much all gone.

Again I have Asthma and have had no problems what so ever with this product unlike some other chemicals that are common within our industry that will trigger an Asthma attack.

maybe you need to go out and clean a few jobs yourself and see what is really going on

Was carpet protector applied to any of the carpets?

I know............it does not make any sense. Some got protected and some not.

By the way, I diid send you a nice fresh batch of some of that world famous Georgia Peanut butter.....made up just for you. It will really clear your head.

Steve,

I’ve been thinking about your situation. I’m sorry you are experiencing some issues with your clients. I don’t think the O2 System is causing the white powder, because it would be consistent on all the jobs if it were. I’ve had the O2 System out for three years and it is well established in the industry with no other issues reported.

There are so many variables present, it is difficult to diagnose your situation especially from just a post in this forum. However, if you would give me a call, we can talk through it and maybe I can help you solve the problem. If we cannot resolve this over the telephone, I can drive to Stone Mountain and spend a couple of days with your crew analyzing the situation to see if we can solve the problem.

When it comes to the allergic reactions it could be just a coincidence from a reaction that was going to occur anyway, but maybe we can figure that out too. Keep me informed of your situation and what you want to do. It would be kind of nice to get out of the office for a few days anyway.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I would imagine almost any chem could cause a reaction in people who are sensitive to it. Look at simple peanut allergies. They are harmless, even healthy to most people, but deadly to others.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Wow that is some customer support! If i were you i would be on the phone with mr. jones and taking him up on his offer to come on down and check it out. i will be buying some judsons next week. :mrgreen:

TimP

I've had just 1 allergic reaction but that person had a known reaction to citrus food products anyway. It was nothing serious for sure, and I have it noted to not use citrus cleaners in their home again.

However I can't see the powder residue coming from the judson product. Lets put it this way, my blower belt went last friday. I had some areas wet with Judson O2 that was not rinsed. I came back today and there was absolutely no signs of soiling or powder and that's from a direct spray and no rinse. The fiber wasn't even hard/sticky or anything. And as everyone knows I spray my Pre-spray down heavy.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Do as SS does and mix up the stuff yourself before the crews go out.

I think its an overuse of the product.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Steve,

This may have no bearing at all,But we had the same complaint last week in a Doctors
Office."mysterious white haze" We have cleaned for 8 years....never happened!!!!!
We have always cleaned w/FLEX or POWERBREAK previously. We just recently started
boosting some of our products w/SODIUM PRECARBONATE.....We have concluded that
the white haze was a reaction of the SODIUM PRECARBONATE to our previous cleaning
agents (residue) woops?????. Clear water rinse & it was fine.

I realize your question is about the 02 system but chemical reactions are not that uncommon.
I have a reaction every time we follow CHEM-LIE!!!!!!

ps ask les if 02 has SODIUM PRECARB. IN IT?????????????

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
total BS post. I had sticky residue on a couple microfiber chairs this week guess what I went a little heavy on the mix.

I used O2 and never had a problem I did have a problem with powermax when i didn't measure properly. Just like anything else human error is probably to blame

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
never had a problem like that when using the product, use it off and on, trying to get rid of all the products I have

I have had some of it chuck up in the bottom of the gallon jug, greenie told me what it was but don't remember his answer

I would think you are mixing to heavy or not shaking it up

G

Why not just use it by itself, everyone is adding booster and so on. You add all the
different stuff to one product all it does is triple you pre-spray cost!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JUST NEED TO SAY THIS.

Les has offered everyone the "THE HOLY GRAIL" of in a chemical fomulation!!!!!!!!!
Everyone has cried for years for one simple PRESPRAY that does it all. You can
clean almost any fabric or yarn you wish with his product. No more stock rooms
of 35 different cleaners.This saves space in your vans.....You can buy in bulk for
discounts....Not to mention no salespeople to deal with. Its nice to get on the
phone with the OWNER when there is a issue.You will be hard pressed to find a
more honest supplier in this industry!! "Honesty" is not an option in S.C....it is a way
of life. In many ways "like this board" your NAME is your business. If you screw -up
on this board the reprecussions are PERSONAL!!!
The 02 system is sold in EXTREEMLY high concentrate to save you money in freight,
time, & space!!!! no product is BULLETPROOF.......READ THE MIXING INSTRUCTION!!!!!

PS Les could double his PROFIT if he wanted to (step-on) his product like so many other
chemical suppliers....this a PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT.... no glupping/MEASURE DAMMIT!!!!

-JB-

Name
JB
....this a PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT.... no glupping/MEASURE DAMMIT!!!!

amen.jpg

Never had no problems using it on my house and my residential customers ...sounds like employees adding something to the mix. I had one employee (fired) who thought he was chemist...not.

Name
Jesse
We've been using a few cases a month for awhile now and never have a problem. I personally see about 70% of our commercial carpets at some point shortly after their cleaning, I've never seen any issues arise from use of o2 as a pre-spray, sometimes we use it quite strong.

Cameron1

First off let me say that I did talk with Les today, and after an exhaustive and detailed analysis, and at the end of our ropes, Les asked about the rinse and what ratio’s we were diluting it at. When I told him he immediately knew what was causing the problem. We have been using one quart per five gallon mix, and setting the meter at about 3-4 gal. per hour. This is apparently almost double the amount needed.

Les can explain it better than I, but suffice it to say that even though it was not the glug method it was close, and had the same results.

I want to thank Les for his help as well as the rest of you who offered good and sound advice.

All others can Kma…..again

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was thinking the same thing, and while I was away, I went to their website and it says, clean as day, 16-32 oz's per 5 gallon truck mount solution.

So .... ?????

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Kinda looking at this from another angle......but..if something is leaving a white residue then doesn't that mean that whatever you are using...weather it be 02..flex..or what ever..is not being properly rinsed from the carpet...

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
after getting crap from Greenie I have been using the rinse

mix it 8oz per 7 gallon jug, a slight bit more if the carpet is bad

metered @ 2

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Hi Steve,
I can only assume that the Kma was a shot across MY BOW !!!!!!!! <glupping>
If you had read my previous post??? I was simply stating that most of us have had
the panic "call-back".....white haze/wicking/customer w/allergic reaction????

My beef with your post was YOUR PANIC ...your bio says 30 yrs. in the biz........
If you have been using 02 for months.....and just now have a problem/why assume
it is a product failure..My first thought would have been equipment failure...or employee
error! "Clients allergic reaction was just adding fuel to the FIRE."

You would have been better served to have "called Les first." There are a lot NEWBEE's
on this board that would read your post & NEVER TRY THE 02 SYSTEM....."Which by-the-
way is the SAFEST system for them to use."

Les is to much of a GENTLEMAN to "CALL YOU OUT" in an open forum........but............
I'M NOT!!!!!!!!! YOU OWE THE MAN AN APOLIGY....

Les and his family have forgotten more this industry than we will ever know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps Your bio also says you like to hunt...HEY MAN "I'M JUST SCREEMING......"LOW BIRD"
PSS Kma.....Was O.K. "But don't come to Gunfight with a Knife."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom