you guys that pre vacuum

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
If he's being truthful, his techs make more than most of the owner operators on this board. If the customers are really actually happy then he's doing what he's gotta do. 80% is how you make them feel, 20% is how clean the carpets get. If his customers feel warm and fuzzy and his techs make more than the owner operators, we could stand to learn a lot from him.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Like any proud person should feel Mike, I don't believe there is a person in America that could come close to cleaning as well as I can. I'm pretty sure we making Customer cheerleaders decades before waldo's parents were born.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
c_adkins said:
so Willy does that mean you'll be a CRI Gold Space Age Technology Supre Approved Service Provider?

Yes Sir Chris! Here's a peek at me at my day job at the CRI .I'm the guy with bag in his hand. Ol' Weiner, um, Wernar is pretty handy with the hammer. ( That device we're working on is used to extract the money that we know carpet cleaners have up their wazoo)

bagjoke.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
For me when i vacuum it sets me and my company apart from the other companies around in my area it also generates alot of referrals and tips. :mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
People either don't have a good enough vacuum,
or don't know how to vacuum (they forget just as fast)
or they just don't have the time or want to!

There are hundreds of companies that let the homeowner vacuum and they never have a complaint. Doesn't mean they aren't leaving a ton of soil in the carpet. It just "looks" clean and thats all they care about.
Many many many profitable businesses running that way.

I just can't do it! I've seen what comes out of carpet when I least expect it.

Now if you're only cleaning repeat clients on a regular basis, there probably won't be any surprise soil.
But you go into a new home, I know from experience that you cannot tell whats in that carpet even after they vacuum.

I want to KNOW the carpet is as clean as I can get it and I don't trust custy's vacuums to remove the soil that can't be seen.

freshaire

I'm with you Werner.

Point in case; did a job today that had been emptied of furniture and vacuumed for me before I got there with a reasonable quality upright. I started vacuuming the two largish rooms, and stopped 3 full barrels later!! Carpets didn't look that bad in spite of pets inside with hardly any pet hair about the place, but the vacuuming told me another story. Had I left it to chance, being a direct-stick Polyprop, there's every chance I could have had a wickback situation. Vacuuming at least gave me a heads-up as to what I may need to do.

But, each to their own. Some of us just want to run a profitable business, some of us are more quality/ego driven (yes, that dirty word ego!) and want to be the best we can at what we do. 21years down the track, my ego still wins out in wanting to know that I can and do better work than my competitors, but still reflect that in my pricing. I'm happy to be "chimp-free" :lol: , have had the experience of juggling 17 staff in the past and it wasn't always a barrel of laughs. These days it's a lifestyle choice, I work as much as I want and if I don't want to, I don't and don't have to worry about paying staff with all extra costs associated with it.

KISS principle at work... I plod thru my day, and as long as I make my $500-$1000 per day I'm happy :)

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
I've never seen a customer sweep out the corners, behind doors or along the base boards. Why leave dust bunnies to ruin the lasting impression of a clean carpet? We move basic furniture. Even if its prevac'd before I arrive I still have to vacuum under sofas, end tables and anything else that gets moved.

I've never had a customer complain about paying me to vacuum. More often than not they're happy to hear they don't have to.

It's a quick and easy value-added touch many busy home owners appreciate. Prevac and charge more. Seems like a no-brainer.

Chris A

Name
Chris
B&BGaryC said:
If he's being truthful, his techs make more than most of the owner operators on this board.

I know, but he keeps taking my application, looking at it, and saying "hmm. Yeah we'll get back to ya."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom