you have heard of truck mounts catching fire

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
today my OP machine caught fire

the cable for the handle release had a bunch of excess tucked inside the housing

must have jiggled to much and cable touched the one/off rocker switch, caught fire and melted the switch and female connectors

Becker

Name
Becker
I've heard of bolts fly off of them, wheels falling off, But never one bursting into flames.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Guys in Paddyland have fire extinguishers mounted on the side of their OP's for this reason. If you are OPing I hope you have insurance.

Golden Boy

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Al said:
That is exactly why we carry a TM for back up 8)

028.gif

now THAT'S funny. good one Al.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I am glad I had a TM just laying around for back up but the jobs we are doing with it are much easier to OP clean them

it is one of John's Conqueror machines, I just kind of blew on the small fire and it went out

John is sending me the parts next day USPS, Thanks John and Julie

Greenie

John's supposed be out cleaning, I think it's Patty and Julie Expressing your switch...lol

GRHeacock

I never had a machine catch fire, but my first Truck Mount had 2 steam explosions when the flow switch for the propane heater stayed on.

First one blew out the solution hose next to the heater, the second one a year later blew the Cat pump and unloader apart.

That's why I went for a CDS for my next unit.

Gary

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
My CDS's silencer cracked and started the plywood on the floor on fire. I make it point to never park in customers gagrages for that very reason. Luckily a painter I knew was working next door and saw the smoke coming out of the van. No damage done.

-JB-

Name
JB
Years ago, I had a terry towel fall down and catch fire on the exhaust to the heat exchanger, I caught it within seconds of catching fire, and like a fool I pulled it off, what can I say I hate changes. Even though I sure would have liked a new van and machine . :lol:

Becker

Name
Becker
My CDS's silencer cracked and started the plywood on the floor on fire. I make it point to never park in customers gagrages for that very reason.

You did not really park in the garage did you?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There is a cleaner who posts on occasion. I won't name him. He may choose to identify himself.

His truck caught fire while parked close to an apartment complex he was cleaning. The van went up in flames and so did the apartment building.

Insurance got him a new van and truckmount. He had some free advertising on the evening news as the lettering on his van was clearly visible in the video of the fire.

He also got the fire clean-up job.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Scott Warrington

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
good grief. some ppl really do poop money :shock:

F

Fiber Sucker

In 1985 I was cleaning a restuarant when all of a sudden i lost all pressure and vac
so i walk out to the truck to start it back up again and when i get outside there is smoke billowing out of all the windows with flames shooting out as well
by the time the volunteer fire dept got there the truck and unit were a total loss
the guy that i worked for at the time built the tm himself with a 4 cylinder ford pinto engine the way that thing looked it was an accident waiting to happen
never did find out what the exact cause was
it was actually kind of a blessing cause after that he gave me a brand new hydramaster direct drive to work with

steve g

Name
steve garrett
one time back in the day, well when I worked for rainbow. me and a buddy where using an old prochem model 75 HE, this machine had exposed exhaust flex hose, and a role of pad somehow got up against it, fortunatly the customer said does your truck normally smoke, we said yeah just a little haze as this was an old beater machine, we decided to check it out anyways, if we hadn't that pad would have burned the thing down to the ground, if you have ever burned carpet pad it burns like a tire

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom