You wanted it so here it is Stanley Steemer reveled

gmaupin

Well like I have said before I worked for S.S for 4 years give or take a month. So I am going to tell you as much as possible from the inside. The cleaning solution Steemer uses (CANT REMEMBER THE NAME) Is a powdered detergent that is premixed in a large mixing container ph is 9.5 cleans good leaves little residue IF And ONLY IF the tech watches the flow I kept mine set at 5 ppm and does good dry strokes. If pre-spray is needed they have 2 kinds residential and commercial res has a ph of If I rember properly 10.5 you spray it down and are To LET DWELL FOR 10-15 MIN well I can tell you with the pace we were supposed to keep that did not happen max dwell time was 2-3 min. Spotting agents citrus solvent no explanation needed (I hope) project (protein spots blood,piss,vomit etc....) stantan (wine,juice, coffee etc....) spotter and anti foam (should be used after any of the spotting agents helps any residue rinse away). oops the commercial pre-spray had a ph of 13 heavy shit. Now I have read that steemer was a bate and switcher not true if you called and ask to have 3 rooms cleaned for 99.00 special thats what you would get including any furniture with in reason (big screen TVs hell no ) no extra charge for pre-spray if needed or any spotting agents. For Mikey grooming HELL YES we carried 2 different rakes the grandy groomer great for shake or cut loop pile (called cut Berber most of the time) and the green rake great for everything else (plus could be sold for 25.00 ) Selling there are high pressure sales used in every industry and company so next time you go into a job and you see a steemer mat at the front door (29.95 pls tax) a bottler of steemer spotter (15.95 pl tax) and them complaining about the contract they bought from steemer (169 for 2 rooms plus one free application of super shield+ 3 more cleanings )ask your self did you client not know when to say no or even better start recommending some of your products if they say yes to every damn one the client is the issue not the company. Now don't get me wrong there are things that Steemer does that piss people off but at the end of the day I was thought that we should show kindness to all the other cleaners out there they are just trying to make a living and feed there family's like every one else. If there are any other questions about products that I may have forgot to explain let me know.

gmaupin

on the lawn but from what I understand state law for Nevada they are using the toilet adapter alot more. Sorry Meat spelling is hard enough paragraphs that's asking a bit :lol:

Name
Jesse
Did they monitor your times with gps on the van? Did you get calls asking why you've been at a home for 1hr?

What's the required set up time? I see most yellow vans cleaning within 3-4 min of arrival.

gmaupin

the office i came from now have gps on the vans. after walk through set up takes about 4 mins if the crew chief does his job walk through takes longer then the 3-mins you talked about mine was usualy 10mins. But crew chief could have helper setting up van wile he talks with the client. if the office is corporate then the manger usualy requires you tell them how long u think you will be there my old manger expected 6mins per room for any carpets we had cleaned be fore so if doing 5 rooms= thats 30-35 mins . But the owner of the office i worked for here in PA expected no less then 20mins per room so same house same areas 2 hrs easy. Now comes the big question who had it right the customers from corp shop were always clock watchers if your were there to long they would let you know. Here in CPA the CSA'S for answers would tell the customers that maybe the carpets were not cleaned enough at my regular speed that after 3 years of having 6mins per room pounded in my head so I never will know. Now before every one jumps me. When I get my own I will take the time Ined to give good quality cleaning to my clients pre vac pre scrub etc.....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
At least press the "Enter" button once in awhile to break up the whole message. Its really hard to follow it all the way thru.

Chads

Supportive Member
Hey, George I thank you for sharing your info with us.
We are not grammar teachers. Lay off of people and make them feel welcome or they will go to other boards.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I agree that one extended paragraph can be a little irritating to read, but not half as irritating to read as Ceasar or Darlene's half sentence paragraphs :-)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Who wanted to know?
I appreciate your coming out with what you did for SS, I hope every SS wannabe took note. I personally love SS, Sears etc they make it easy because they are so bad and even though Ken Snow takes abuse for being a multiruck operation that type of business I do not want near me. I have one in Kennedy Carpet Cleaning they have 40 trucks all IICRC Certified and want to do everything well at a great price.

If you want to divulge how they choose where they market, what their marketing plan is and what they expect for ROI or anyother secrets along those lines I would love to hear.

Thanks for your input,

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chads said:
Lay off of people and make them feel welcome or they will go to other boards.

I'm happy to have him here, Chad.
Hope he sticks around too.

I DON'T want to make him feel unwelcome
and I'm the LAST guy who should call out some one on gramer ands speling

I could care less if he misspells or doesn't capitalize.

just that it's harder than he11 to read thru lengthy posts without paragraphs

...L.T.A.

G

"powdered detergent that is premixed in a large mixing container ph is 9.5 cleans good leaves little residue IF And ONLY IF the tech watches the flow I kept mine set at 5 ppm and does good dry strokes."

Let me take a breath!

"If pre-spray is needed they have 2 kinds residential and commercial res has a ph of If I rember properly 10.5 you spray it down and are To LET DWELL FOR 10-15 MIN"

If pre-spray is needed? So what you're saying is that you would use this powdered detergent which has a pH of 9.5 and cleans good and leaves little residue and watch the flow carefully? But didn't use pre-spray on every job?

Scott Rogers

The Stanley's I worked for 4 different ones in 3 different states. never presprayed. had no pre-spray .

Their emulsifier cleaned very well. Main ingredients according to msds is 97% tripoly sodium phosphate 2% isopropanal and .>1% fragrance.

If you had a bad traffic lane, we airwanded the area and let it dwell while we cleaned the other side of the room.

Right or wrong, that is the way it is done at those franchises

RandyHilburn

George,

Thanks for the information. Don't let any of the board's English professors get inside your head. Paragraphs are helpful, but the insights you provide are far more valuable. Personally speaking, I'll take good information over 'delivery style' any day.

Greenie

production over perfection.....keep er' coming.

still trying to figure how a "good cleaner" that didn't require any dwell time, could leave no residue metered at 5 gph?

or do you just mean it wasn't "crunchy" so all was well?

Oh...and how was it on your olefin berbers?

gmaupin

sorry about the spelling and such . As for prevac no the csa would ask the customer to vacume before we got there.

PRE-SPRAY NO WE DID NOT EVERY JOB SOLUTION FROM THE WAND WAS good FOR 95% OF THE JOBS I did

gmaupin

Greg Crowley said:
Who wanted to know?
I appreciate your coming out with what you did for SS, I hope every SS wannabe took note.

Is this were the abuse starts ?

gmaupin

or do you just mean it wasn't "crunchy" so all was well?

thats how the bosses judged things

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just wasn't sure who wanted to know or didn't know what SS was doing. I love their commercials and would rather know how they plan their marketing, what their company policies were on spots, stains etc and what waivers they may have on board.

Like I was saying, I love the companies that fly through jobs and put pressure on the customer. It makes my job much easier after following them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
gmaupin said:
Greg Crowley said:
Who wanted to know?
I appreciate your coming out with what you did for SS, I hope every SS wannabe took note.

Is this were the abuse starts ?

a thick skin is required 'roundcheer, George
other wise, you may wilt from the heat :wink:

To quote Harry Hides on the three "H's" of posting boredom Nirvana

1.) honesty
2.) humility
3.) humor

employ those
and you get along dandy fine here.

BTW, Harry Hides is some dude here that doesn't know if he's South African, British, American or Canadian.

he currently resides in Canada.
But if you ever talk to him, you'll swear he's a limey roundhead.
I figure the British in him is also what makes him so pompous and smug..

..l.T.A.

Scott Rogers

Greenie said:
production over perfection.....keep er' coming.

still trying to figure how a "good cleaner" that didn't require any dwell time, could leave no residue metered at 5 gph? LOL 5 GPH LOL, If the button didnt shoot past 10 and bounce of the top of the flow meter it was set toooooooooo low.

or do you just mean it wasn't "crunchy" so all was well? Never crunchy and not sticky didnt seem to resoil either.

Oh...and how was it on your olefin berbers? Worked ok, if you get a real bad area a quick mist of citrisolve took care of it.

Mikey P

Administrator
So what are your plans for going out on your own?

btw, myself being a ex coit hack, you my good friend are always welcome here. Don't let these pretty boy owner ops scare you oft cuz your grammer sux.

Maynard679

gmaupin

Wow did you get fired or did you get burned out and quit? It sounds like you burned out and got pissed at S.S. So did you feel like you got even with them when you post useless info that no one really care about.

I think this shows a real lack of character on your part. It's like mike b stalking his competitors and tattle telling like a little b!t*h.

You have a lot to learn about business, if you plan on starting your own business. I give it less than a year, if you do.

I also seriously doubt you did as good of a job as you said you did. It just sounds like your padding it to make yourself fit in here. I did this, I did that. Come on. You know you won't.

I have worked for S.S for many years and it's not high pressure sales, it unfortunate if you were. They give you the tools to educate the customer in the benefits in their cleaning and products. They gave you target goals to reach with your add average. If you want to be a bad ethical salesman that comes down to personal choice. I chose to educate and offer high quality cleaning and I was the number 2 salesman in the country. The other guys was not so ethical.

Chris Taylor set up a killer training program to help with the quality and help weed out the bad employees. Yes its hard to have a company that large and not have a few or more bad employees. It's an on going struggle.

I'm sorry but whino losers like this really piss me off.

James M.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom