Your Cleaning Company IS part of a MLM

Connor

Name
Connor
I call BS on their 140k sf facility It's only 116k and those flag poles in the video aren't there. I am going to visit my in laws in Concord soon. I'll stop in their facility and see about their 140k sf place.

Touting that you are in "Success at home" magazine isn't exactly high finance. That mag is nothing but ads for MLM and low barrier entry businesses. :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
Connor said:
I call BS on their 140k sf facility It's only 116k and those flag poles in the video aren't there. I am going to visit my in laws in Concord soon. I'll stop in their facility and see about their 140k sf place.

Touting that you are in "Success at home" magazine isn't exactly high finance. That mag is nothing but ads for MLM and low barrier entry businesses. :lol:

dont forget to unplug the terlets while you're out there.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I could never do as much research as Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Comcast, ATT, ADT etc.

If they're in business with this business....How can you deny the credibility?

Not too mention Donald Trump endorses it.

Like the Donald or hate the Donald...The guy has billions.

I only take advice from people I would trade places with.

Connor

Name
Connor
Mikey P said:
dont forget to unplug the terlets while you're out there.

It's 126.00 each, cod. I'd bring the closet auger, just in case. !gotcha!

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Not too mention Donald Trump endorses it.

Like the Donald or hate the Donald...The guy has billions.

I only take advice from people I would trade places with.

Surely it's a paid endorsement. I doubt he's cruising internet forums tryng to MLM. :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
He tried to buy the company but they said no.

The company was featured on the Apprentice in 2009 and 2011

Do you think the TV executives checked out the company before THEY indorsed it?

Neil

Bob Foster said:
My realitiy is that without exception everyone I have every seen involved in one was enthusiastic as hell at first and then within the year and usually far sooner they were no longer involved.

That's because most people that get invloved in MLM's have never been self employed and they don't understand what it takes to grow a business. It's a short burst of energy for them, and if they aren't doing well in the first month or two then they give up. Those types of people enjoy the security of a 40 hour work week and a steady paycheck. I personally know many people that have been in MLM's for years and are doing very good. A member of my BNI group just quit his job as a corporate sales director due to his success with Send Out Cards.

The key is to pick the right MLM and get in early.

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Here's wikipedia's definition:

"Multi-level marketing (MLM) is a marketing strategy in which the sales force is compensated not only for sales they personally generate, but also for the sales of others they recruit, creating a downline of distributors and a hierarchy of multiple levels of compensation. Other terms for MLM include pyramid selling, network marketing, and referral marketing.

Most commonly, the salespeople are expected to sell products directly to consumers by means of relationship referrals and word of mouth marketing. Some people use "direct selling" as a name for MLM, although MLM is only one type of direct selling, which started centuries ago with peddling.

MLM companies have been a frequent subject of criticism as well as the target of lawsuits. Criticism has focused on their similarity to illegal pyramid schemes, price-fixing of products, high initial start-up costs, emphasis on recruitment of lower-tiered salespeople over actual sales, encouraging if not requiring salespeople to purchase and use the company's products, potential exploitation of personal relationships which are used as new sales and recruiting targets, complex and sometimes exaggerated compensation schemes, and cult-like techniques which some groups use to enhance their members' enthusiasm and devotion.

In contrast to MLM is single-level marketing, where the salesperson is rewarded for selling the product directly to the consumer."

So... the bad reputation of MLM is in that 3rd paragraph, and it's illustrated perfectly on this forum with the constant pitching of your glop regardless of whether anyone asks you about it. That's what most of us experience with MLM'er's - that every conversation goes back to "buy my stuff" instead of a genuine interaction. Every person is seen as a mark.

It would be different if you had an opt-in list here, were collecting names of people who WANT to hear about this... something that is permission marketing based... but you push it out in all directions constantly, like MLM-VD... it just keeps spreading.

I don't think there are any cleaners here who are pounding on the doors of homeowners every day saying "want to clean your carpet yet???" - which is the typical MLM method.

I don't know if that was the intention of the first MLM designed... but that is how it's developed, and why it gives most a really bad reaction.

Lisa

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
A lot of the problem is that this is a CARPET CLEANING FORUM!!

THere are many weight loss and fitness online forums that might get a better reception than here where it is an annoyance to many.

If that stuff could be used as a prespray and weight loss it might fit this forum.

Here is one of many weight loss forums:(Although many don't allow self promotion.)

http://www.weightism.org/

I very big part of marketing is to pick your targets very carefully.

Like I always say, "You'll get more fish if you simply go to where the fish are."

Find the large pools of fish that are already recepive to products like yours and cast your net.

This is so simple yet most don't do it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I was raised as a carpet cleaner...Was one for most of my life.

I like it here.

But we should ban the plumbers. :mrgreen:

S

sam miller

I ersonnaly dont mind Brian showing off how well th drink has done for hom and saying hay look you too could be this awesome! !dork!

He just care's for our health its all about the Love not the Cheeseburger.

Oh ya by the way I had a double chili cheese burger and chili cheese fries and a diet coke at Tommy's on Sunday with yellow chili peppers!

Its was most amazing. :shock:

http://www.originaltommys.com/

I would MLM these guys tell the cows came home.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I was raised as a carpet cleaner...Was one for most of my life.

So when did you quit cleaning carpet and get into OP?

Brian R said:
But we should ban the plumbers. :mrgreen:

He did, but I am Mikey's FAVORITE.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The Southern Smokehouse Bacon Burger from Chili's is the best "chain resty" burger I've ever had. Really good.

But this thread was started to give some perspective on how ALL businesses are ran.

Here's the Irony

With conventional business....The guy at the top (owner etc) makes all the money because he makes a % of everything that comes in.

The guy at the bottom makes the least because...Well...He's at the bottom.

Just like in your own company where if you only run one truck....You make the majority of the money....But as soon as you add a truck or 2....Your income comes down a bit because of the extra % going to the new employee AND the equipment etc.

THIS is what you're defending (Not all...just some)....and I understand that. It's all we know as conventional business owners.

With a Network Marketing model....... With a good comp plan. Sure...The Big corporation that started it makes millions or even billions.

But it gives the opportunity to for ANYONE who is willing to put forth some effort to make as much money as the people "above" them.

Certainly it's just a sales position....The more that person makes....The more the corporations make.

But who cares what the corporations make? As long as we can make as much as we want right?

The structure of a the MLM or Pyramid is such that helps everyone on your "team"....Above you or below you...Doesn't matter.

Anyone who you bring in.....HAS to be placed UNDER the people UNDER you...So they benefit. It really is an awesome business model.

Shilling, selling, annoying, or jumping in someones face about what you have to offer can happen in any industry including ours (UPSELL!)....THAT'S a personal deal....NOT a company deal.

So to say that a "MLM"s problem is in the sales techniques is really just ignorance.....Car salesman can be just as bad....Insurance salesaman as well.

I love helping people....So the MLM structure is perfect for me. I get to make a bunch of money AND help others do the same.

Yes, I'm making a bunch of money........With or without you. !gotcha!

This has been a moment with Brian. 8)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Brian R said:
THIS is what you're defending (Not all...just some)....and I understand that. It's all we know as conventional business owners.

1) Here is the conventional wisdom acquired by most: MLM work only for the very few.

2) Being and paddling MLMs does not make you, what you'd like to be conceived as, a maverick. Just another guy (like the rest of us) that tries to make more money. In MLMs case, through having others do most of the work. However, that is true for everyone that has employees. The difference, like always may be in how the employees are treated and taken care of.

3) Never buy/join anything from someone that has a new/different get rich 'thingie' once every three days.

Personally people who admittedly commercialize every single aspect of their life scare me.

But than, I scare easy :shock:

Bob Foster

somewhat amus somewhat amus somewhat amus

g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsQtXTNFZjMg]

Mikey P

Administrator
are you equating magical fruit juice with your power, phone and cable bills Bob?

those residual checks go away when people figure out they were getting fat or pimply from the mystical xangonut.

but the residual that Corky has coming to him only stops when his down line finally pays off their electric or cell phone bills.

way to go Cork!

and not more man b :shock: :shock: b shots so its a huge benefit to us all.

Mikey P said:
are you equating magical fruit juice with your power, phone and cable bills Bob?

those residual checks go away when people figure out they were getting fat or pimply from the mystical xangonut.

but the residual that Corky has coming to him only stops when his down line finally pays off their electric or cell phone bills.

way to go Cork!

and not more man b :shock: :shock: b shots so its a huge benefit to us all.

PUMPER

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You know I went through all that trouble to find that clip because of the boobie reference and nuthin.

Sheesh.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian how many months or years of contractual obligation do you have for auto shipments of shakes? How many will you have stacked up in your garage?

Will you and your wife going to have to drink two shakes a day for the next five years to use it up?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
Brian how many months or years of contractual obligation do you have for auto shipments of shakes? How many will you have stacked up in your garage?

Will you and your wife going to have to drink two shakes a day for the next five years to use it up?

I'm running a little low....No contract.

Dude....really....No kidding....You're a little paranoid about all this.

You're puking up the koolaid. !gotcha!

Connor

Name
Connor
Well, you know you can't believe everything you read on teh interwebz. :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom