Yup, I'm doin' it!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
y6a2evap.jpg

Nobody's home, huge vacant resi job, freezing cold...will use door drape. How you like me now?

The Clean Machine

Name
George Valliant
It's 20 degrees right now here in Albuquerque. It's crazy cold! At the moment i'm warming up the truck getting ready to go knock out a couple houses. How cold is it outside where you are at?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
A lot of guys would NEVER park in a garage while cleaning. I'm one of the almost never kind of guys.

The Clean Machine

FredC

Village Idiot
so when that door drape doesn't keep the carbon monoxide out of the home.............how long before somebody finds you?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Two employees of one of my customers died running a truck mount in the garage of the empty house they were cleaning.

Maybe I'm missing something, and I don't mean to lecture, but I will never forget hearing about that. I have had several other customers get sick doing that too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Scary stuff, I'd think twice about it.

At the very least use a fan to blow exhaust away from the truck and out the garage door. Use a Carbon Monoxide detector.....that is if you are willing to trust your life to a $15.00 detector. :eekk:

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I am seriously going to move the truck i think. It's a 3 car garage. I can open all doors and I am using a door drape. What do you think?

The Clean Machine

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks for showing us you took it out Russ. The two employees that died were a husband and wife team working for the cleaner I knew.

I lost another customer who was sitting inside of his truck with the unit running to warm up on a very cold day because he got wet from the water supply hose.

Everyone be careful out there.

Reactions: Russ T.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Well I wouldn't do that but then again it doesn't get that cold here. This morning low however was 33° here in Southern California

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Does the carbon monoxide just hit ya upside the head and pow?

Some of the survivors who talked to me about it said they felt tired, and just thought they needed to take a break. Some went outside and other people saw how red their faces were and told them something was wrong, others had terrible headaches and figured out the problem in time.

Reactions: GCCLee

C&S

Name
Scott
ive gotten sick from it before, you get tired, and get a headache. I wasn't even parked inside, but the van was parked close enough to the door that the air that gets pulled in had exhaust in it. 15 min was all it took to make me sick. so if you experience this go outside, shut off machine, sit down, take deep breaths, see dr if you can.

Reactions: Art Kelley
Name
Lee Stockwell
Actually I think many of us are exposed to more carbon monoxide poisoning than we imagine. I've set off CO detectors a couple of times when I could have sworn there was more than adequate ventilation to dissapate the exhaust outside the door.

Personally knew 3 who died.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have set a few off...parked in a drive way and the exhaust it pointing toward the side of the house and a breeze starts to blow it up in the garage.....and straight into the home.....

Back
Top Bottom