Zipper eating through dive bar filth

BestWayJay

Name
Jason Lawrence
Good job you earned your $49.95!
I never look forward to the this job. 500 square feet of a years worth of disgusting. Takes around two hours and we should really charge around $400 instead of $300 but after posting the video to FB I’ve already had 500 views and six friends request a cleaning so I hope that evens out :headscratch:

BestWayJay

Name
Jason Lawrence
We run a clear water rinse. I ran 100 ft of loose pressure hoses instead of the 150 ft reel on our high heat Butler at 400 psi and I’m guessing around 200 degrees at the tool. I credit most of the cleaning power with the scrubbing of the CRB. The owner thought we were done after going over it with the CRB. I said hold my beer and watch this.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
The clos4st thing to the "magic bullet" is a good amount of good prespray, applied evenly, excellent agitation with the crb, followed by the best possible extraction at the highest flow your machine can best recover the water.

Follow it with some drying fans to prevent/stop wicking/browning and your a pro.

To ensure a no wick situation, and get best possible results, be prepared to postpaid the carpet then speed dry.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

BestWayJay

Name
Jason Lawrence
Cimex will do a better job than a crb on commercial carpet. The crb lacks the weight and has no pile to lift on commercial. The crb is however an excellent tool for residential where it digs crud out.
I used to think that as well but the 20 inch CRB has plenty of weight and with the stiff brushes on it I now prefer it over the Cimex for pre-conditioning. You can move much faster and even pick up a lot of dirt in the renovator trays while you’re at it.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't believe we are speaking about the same kind of weight or scrubbing action. The planetary action of the Cimex would be difficult to duplicate with a crb.

I can see how it would be much easier to load and unload for one man. However if it's a two man crew I'd prefer the Cimex.

Reactions: BestWayJay
Name
Jeff T
Cimex will do a better job than a crb on commercial carpet. The crb lacks the weight and has no pile to lift on commercial. The crb is however an excellent tool for residential where it digs crud out.
My plan for my DISGUSTING restaurant, prespray, Cimex, 360i BH, edge with wand and/or edging tool while speed dry......get paid, and forget ALL about it, until the next one....

SteamwayPro

Supportive Member
Name
George
Whittaker makes very STIFF yellow brushes for a CRB that work great on CGD and trashed poly but I wouldn't use them on a trashed restaurant. I would use a 175.

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
Whittaker makes very STIFF yellow brushes for a CRB that work great on CGD and trashed poly.
Last restaurant I did, used my CRB with the black brushes. It didn't even make a dent. I ended up pulling out my little Oreck and using the tile brush..... it chewed through it, but also left some damage. The owner was over the moon, me, not so much..... it was before I had a 175, or the Cimex.....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Last restaurant I did, used my CRB with the black brushes. It didn't even make a dent. I ended up pulling out my little Oreck and using the tile brush..... it chewed through it, but also left some damage. The owner was over the moon, me, not so much..... it was before I had a 175, or the Cimex.....
the black brushes are for wool. not very effective on cgd.

Name
Jeff T
You might want to read the instructions again. Mine is also a brush pro and white is standard, black is for wool. unless you have some other type of black brushes.
Ron, I've got the 17"..... if I used the black on wool rugs, I'd be buying it...... the blue come standard with it, the white are for wool, and black are for CGD, and tile..... I was just looking @ the Interlink website....... I'm using them how Brushpro recommends......

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ron, I've got the 17"..... if I used the black on wool rugs, I'd be buying it...... the blue come standard with it, the white are for wool, and black are for CGD, and tile..... I was just looking @ the Interlink website....... I'm using them how Brushpro recommends......
maybe mine is an older machine. The black is definitely soft for wool and the white is stiff for everything else. Says brush pro on the machine.

Name
Jeff T
maybe mine is an older machine. The black is definitely soft for wool and the white is stiff for everything else. Says brush pro on the machine.
Strange. My machine is about 16-18 months old. It definitely has its place in my truck, but greasy, impacted CGD? Doesn't cut it for me. I've only done 3-4 jobs that I was disappointed in the CRB.... now that I've got other tools, I am really trying to tailor the tool to the job. 95% of the guys around me are one trick ponies....... either HWE, or VLM..... and both camps HATE each other.....

Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Strange. My machine is about 16-18 months old. It definitely has its place in my truck, but greasy, impacted CGD? Doesn't cut it for me. I've only done 3-4 jobs that I was disappointed in the CRB.... now that I've got other tools, I am really trying to tailor the tool to the job. 95% of the guys around me are one trick ponies....... either HWE, or VLM..... and both camps HATE each other.....
you will be impressed with your new cimex.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom