Zipper the silk.

Mikey P

Administrator
Wednesday is the big day.

Loads of silk wall to wall on our largest two day job to date

Pre-pay with our MultiSprayers and extract with our five flow Zipper hooked to the Aero tech with the heater shut off..

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Bill Soukoreff
300-350 psi, full vac, and heat. (Maybe not Aerotech Heat, but 210f at the wand is fine.) I disagree with Ivan on the heat concern.

The only time you need to watch your heat is dealing dyes stability on rugs. Even Ruth agreed with me on the webinar. Wool is scoured at higher temps then we could ever clean with.

Anyone who says otherwise has not cleaned enough wool in the real world.

On wool broadloom, heat is your friend. It allows for better chance of one pass cleaning, which in turn reduces risk of over wetting and agitation and decreases dry time. Heat really works well with Procyon. I have cleaned tens of thousands sq/ft of wool with raised silk patterned broadloom with no issues. I have never used the Zipper yet due to the weight. I like the "light touch" of a hole glided wand with angled jet. If you use the Zipper, make sure you use dual hole glides.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree that when there's no bleeding and dye stability concerns, wool and silk clean fine with heat. Though we are not supposed to use 210 at wand on these fabrics. Anyhow, by the time it hits the fabric it will not be close to that temp.

The issue with the silk is the distortion of pile and the need which is not always possible to clean with the nap direction. The holed glides may leave less wand marks but still do.
Brushing it out may be difficult.

Also, silk, in my experience, seem to hold more to soiling and does not release so easily.

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
high heat can cause pile distortion on silk. it all depends on the construction of the carpet. some well made silk carpets can clean almost like nylon but on others the pile will have a corrugated look with too much heat and pressure. test and test some more.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Bill Soukoreff
Nope. It's not the heat that's the culprit. It's the choice of wand, jet angle, worn jets, fear and lack of experience.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
20160615_100941.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Did I forget to mention at how well the Procyon Extreme worked on this project?

We found out that for the past six years a guy with a Square Scrub and Argosheen has been mudding out these fine rugs. Along comes Connoisseur with their Aerotech, Procyon Extreme, Zipper and soft water rinse and ....

"Every employee has told me how great the carpet looks.Very pleased with the overall experience. It is definitely not a process we can have done more than once a year, but the results were the best we have ever seen."

- CEO of Home Administration of a Fortune 500 multi billionaire..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Did I forget to mention at how well the Procyon Extreme worked on this project?

We found out that for the past six years a guy with a Square Scrub and Argosheen has been mudding out these fine rugs. Along comes Connoisseur with their Aerotech, Procyon Extreme, Zipper and soft water rinse and ....

- CEO of Home Administration of a Fortune 500 multi billionaire..
I'm glad the Procyon worked so well for you. I have been trying it on rugs in the shop and so far no problems. I don't know if I would use it on a potential bleeder but otherwise it works just fine

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Ask Scott Rendall how his wool area rug at his shop looked after it was cleaned at 250+º during Scott's mini-fest several years back.

ANSWER: It looked great ( it was a demo thing seeing how hot the Savage was).

It did beat the Powermatic in the heat department that day to the chagrin of a few (OK, to the chagrin of MANY)..

Last edited:
Name
Bill Soukoreff
The Savage was the best heater ever made. That's when I researched how hot I could go with wool. Wools of New Zealand at that time were very helpful and a few UK blokes. I would clean at 240-260 at the truck with outstanding results and insane fast dry times. That's when I picked up all my wool distributors recommendations.

At that mini-fest Bob, I heard you were cleaning at 280!

Reactions: Bob Savage

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
The Savage was the best heater ever made. That's when I researched how hot I could go with wool. Wools of New Zealand at that time were very helpful and a few UK blokes. I would clean at 240-260 at the truck with outstanding results and insane fast dry times. That's when I picked up all my wool distributors recommendations.

At that mini-fest Bob, I heard you were cleaning at 280!
OK, I will admit it was, but only because many from the crowd were egging me on to kick it up even more ( I don't think the crowd believed it would produce the heat that I claimed it would produce....... )

It still is the best heater for carpet cleaning, compared to what is available on today's market, as it is so adjustable, simple to use (auto pilot), and over-built for carpet cleaning, which translates to it lasting a very long time with solid results.

Reactions: Bill Soukoreff

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
OK, I will admit it was, but only because many from the crowd were egging me on to kick it up even more ( I don't think the crowd believed it would produce the heat that I claimed it would produce....... )

It still is the best heater for carpet cleaning, compared to what is available on today's market, as it is so adjustable, simple to use (auto pilot), and over-built for carpet cleaning, which translates to it lasting a very long time with solid results.
Bob:
I just bought a 350000 BTU propane heater that has an iron core. Is this similar to yours. It is large and round. Can't remember the name. What size regulator is needed. Just setting it up in a new truck. It fires as you pull the trigger.

Reactions: Bob Savage

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Bob:
I just bought a 350000 BTU propane heater that has an iron core. Is this similar to yours. It is large and round. Can't remember the name. What size regulator is needed. Just setting it up in a new truck. It fires as you pull the trigger.
Sounds like you'll have plenty of heat! It is similar to ours with one important improvement over all of the other flow-fired heaters- we use the afterburner circuit, which keeps the burner firing with only one trigger pull for 25 seconds. This gives you absolute control of the heat and keeps the burner from doing all that "quick" cycling.

Reactions: Askal

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom