Zipper vs. CX-15

Name
Marcus
Larry I have had the zipper for nearly a year cleaning returants homes and trashed rental...........
My experience with the zipper is that it actually cleans better on the forward stroke....
IMO the reason is there is more dwell time in that chamber if you go slower and it still dries just as well.
I have used 3-4 different rotaries rx20...... And I don't believe there is another tool or wand that will touch it
As for as cleaning and drying...on top of the fact that it is easier to use wo a elec cord.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
"QUOTE="Ofer Kolton, post: 4341530, member: 41127"]And while on the subject.
Larry, what kind of a tool is that upholstery tool you like.

Is it one that will not over spray (like the SS), no picture of other side, so I can't tell.
Can you provide pictures.[/QUOTE]

No overspray . . .
The jet chamber is under vacuum and flushes into the front vac slot to the left:

DC4UHead1.JPG
72313A-3.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: ruff

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
That looks very much like the heavy, bulky CFR recycler hand tool from Tacony, or is it now Johnsons??

I really didn't like it, especially with the air release on top like that.

combo_tool_lg_zps4b1a83ec.jpg

:yoda:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
you're right Shorty. I have two similar to the bottom one pictured. Not a bad tool, better valve than the one Larry has shown.It probably does a decent job, just better others available if you're willing to spend the money.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
no picture of other side, so I can't tell.
Can you provide pictures.
Ofer
This is what the bottom of our CFR tools looks like. The length is just a slight bit too long, it reminds me of the newer Drimasters in that the length is just not necessary. It can make it awkward when cleaning at angles, edges and trim.

Nicely constructed it will last forever but heavy and will wear on you if cleaning for hours on end. We used to use these tools a lot until the newer lighter tools came out.

2015-02-14_11-00-50_144_zpsterqd3mp.jpg

If you buy one, get one like Larry's.

Ours have these stoopid vacuum relief's in the worst possible spot. Its just an UN-necessary risk. :icon_rolleyes:

2015-02-14_11-01-42_378_zpsapulm94a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thank you Richard.
Having the original Dry Mater (hate it), a few PMF internal jet tools (great tool, with the best ability for detail in cleaning) and the SS tool (easiest handling and most productive).

Therefore, I am only looking for tools that are both ergonomic and will improve on the above mentioned tools. Otherwise, I have my fair share of dust collectors :winky:.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Has anyone put them to the test?

I have both so my opinion is based on using both and not just one or the other. Ive had both on the truck since September and have used them both quite a bit, but if I had to pick just one it would be the zipper. The zipper is a more well rounded tool and on large commercial jobs it can really speed up production. That being said on a trashed greasy restaurant I did a side by side comparison and... There is no comparison, the CX-15 was the clear winner. So while I don't use it quite as frequently as my zipper I am still glad I have it on the truck.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Justin;

Thanks for the comparison in the field . . .
Since the CX-15 extracts so well ,
we increased the jet size on the commercial spray bar . . .

That would give you even more cleaning production on those "trashed greasy restaurants" .

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The zipper is a more well rounded tool and on large commercial jobs it can really speed up production.
That's what I'd like it for. You walk into large sq/ft jobs and look at the head of the wand and then visualize how long its going to take for that head to cover ever inch of the place and it can be overwhelming.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
That's what I'd like it for. You walk into large sq/ft jobs and look at the head of the wand and then visualize how long its going to take for that head to cover ever inch of the place and it can be overwhelming.
Ive found that with the zipper I can cut my job times by about 40-50 percent.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom