Zipper vs regular wanding...Zipper 2x's faster, less work

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Did a large section of church today.

Here is a video we did to compare walking Zipper against regular wanding.

The Zipper proved in this scenario to be twice as fast...and a lot less motion and work to perform twice as much work.

The reveal of the amount of work performed is around the 5:20 mark.

This was a large church that we prevaced (but not Werner style), presprayed, Cleaned with the zippers....

2 Butler High Heat truckmounts, 2 Zipper Wands... 6000 Sq ft done in 3 hours including prevac...Not a Ron Werner Vac job, as church had done some vacuuming, but we still went over it to check it for bad soiled or missed areas...

Thanks for taking a look. The Zipper is just so much smoother.

If you are new to using the Zipper, watch how smooth Son in LawAron Jewett is with is Zipper Walk!

Then we proceeded to clean 3 more places after that :)

2015-03-12 10.46.49.jpg

2015-03-12 10.46.53.jpg

2015-03-12 09.34.13.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks for suffering with the wand just to prove that to us. :cool:

One question, why do you get to use the brand new blue head Zipper? :razz:

The other Zipper in the video that Aron was running is set up the way he likes it....he is a left handed guy....

BUT....

That wand is also sold and going to be gone on Sunday to my other brother....

AS...

I have another brand new Blue Zipper on the way set up for Aron :rockon:

Couldn't have a mismatched pair....had to spend some money :)

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
The Zipper will definitely cut your time on large commercial. Thats where it shines!

Reactions: Erik

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I really like watching the videos of Aron running the Zipper. He caught on so fast and has a perfect technique.

Aron loves the Zipper.

He didn't at the beginning because he never had used a drag wand....

He was trying to muscle it like a wand...

And we did a super thick nylon frize for the very first job....LOL!

Just about killed him....

Then we talked about it and we both learned....you just have to walk it.

Aron hates to even grab a wand now.

Had 2 bedroom areas to clean today...I asked if we should just wand them out....

NOPE.... They're small....just a few passes with the bad boy Zipper... :rockon:

The boys a monster! :headbang:

I don't think we would ever be without a zipper...now even considering getting a smaller one just to have to so we can make doing residential maybe easier....but I doubt he would grab it....:razz:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Mark,

Is Aaron trigger rinsing as he walks foward and dry passing the same area on the way back?

Sounded like you said two wet passes and then a dry but the technique looks like only two passes.

What are you using to prevac with?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark,

Is Aaron trigger rinsing as he walks foward and dry passing the same area on the way back?

Sounded like you said two wet passes and then a dry but the technique looks like only two passes.

What are you using to prevac with?

He is triggering both directions (trigger on both directions) and then dry pass after (we were doing large dry pass areas after doing the rinsing/cleaning strokes)....

We do sometimes let off the trigger as we change directions briefly ....and sometimes not. Just a personal preference or judgment call at the moment you could say.

In some areas not in this video, we had a lot more soils (entry area) so we were trigger on back and forth for a total of 4 passes wet then dry pass. (or until satisfied with soil removal we saw in the sight tube) That was in a couple of rare areas of the church.

For the prevac, we were using Dyson Animal version....can't remember the model number off hand, but about 4 year old vacs. It's the best we can get up here that will last and still remove dry soils at a decent level.

UPDATE: I see that Aron had not done a dry stroke pass in this video yet....I wasn't paying attention to that, so that would need to be taken into account for comparison yet. Sorry I missed that....but I do want to point out we do dry stroke yet...just something we do to remove extra soils as well as moisture.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryan S. Bennett

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think the dry passes are a bulletin board phenomenon.
If you just consider the thought of dry passes I've found that it's good enough to aid in drying.

I think its metaphysical or something like that but I believe moisture fears the thought and leaps off the fiber in a sublimation way. Honestly I don't know how it works, you'll have to try it yourself, but it does.
smiley-char048.gif

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning

Thanks Mark for the clarification.

What solution pressure do you normally run at on the Zipper?

Is wicking ever problem on cgd since using the zipper? Do you ever post pad 175 some carpets or is the zip making it dry enough?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks Mark for the clarification.

What solution pressure do you normally run at on the Zipper?

Is wicking ever problem on cgd since using the zipper? Do you ever post pad 175 some carpets or is the zip making it dry enough?

Run 500 psi (do the same with our Prochem Titanium pimped out wands too)

We have never had a wicking on cgd (knock on wood!)

And the Zipper is drying and doing better than any other tool I have used.

Had a problem berber that is always destroyed and been a wicking problem though in a residential that the Zipper cured....(again knock on wood!)

Had tried in the past to post pad that berber and was still always a problem....The zipper made our day :)

2014-11-04 08.51.52.jpg

2014-11-04 10.40.45.jpg

2014-11-04 10.40.08.jpg

Shadows between doorways showing here, but actually did clean up well

2014-11-04 17.34.32.jpg

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Me and a few others are most likely heading to Erik's on Friday to do a little "demo'ing" of the Zippers. Should be an informative day. Hopefully, I will take one home. Might take the Thermalwave Vortec to test the Zip. 3 1/2 hour drive, but some much needed quiet time.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Me and a few others are most likely heading to Erik's on Friday to do a little "demo'ing" of the Zippers. Should be an informative day. Hopefully, I will take one home. Might take the Thermalwave Vortec to test the Zip. 3 1/2 hour drive, but some much needed quiet time.
It will be worth the drive, Robert. No way are you going home empty handed, maybe empty wallet, though.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm not sure the Zipper is faster or easier BUT it is better then the wand. The dang site tube allows me to see the dirty water and filth I'm removing while cleaning---this forces me to do a better job--

While On a big job for a local university we were using the Zipper-- my guy was shocked at the amount of soil we were removing-- but stated-- "we could go a lot faster If that site tube wasn't there-- get some black tape" haha
And I did lose weight while using the Zipper..
I cant wait to get back home and start Zippering again so I can lose some weight again! I think I'm going to weigh myself and take a selfie-- then compare after a week or month of Zippering.?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom