Zipper vs Rotary ..

Name
I'm Rick James
I am looking at the zipper wand for my next cleaning tool and wondering if it can come with stainless steel glides on it vs the teflon glides?

Also is there any feedback on the new single handle version? Any zippers near seattle to test out? I just saw a video of the new $1500 trex floating star head and YIKES! nay.. double Yikes!

and sorry for another zipper wand thread.

[video=youtube;TQvv80d0vFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQvv80d0vFA[/video]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm sure Erik could make you what ever you want for an extra charge. However I'd assume if he thought the SS glides were better, he would have put them on the Zipper to begin with.

Name
I'm Rick James
I'm sure Erik could make you what ever you want for an extra charge. However I'd assume if he thought the SS glides were better, he would have put them on the Zipper to begin with.

That is good to hear.. I use the stainless steel glides on my bentley and love it vs the regular teflon ones. Guess I am an odd duck.. :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I wasn't going to say that about BUT...... :p :winky:

Seriously, you should get what you want when you're making a purchase. I'd just tend to trust his decision since he built the Zipper top of the line, not on the cheap.
Talk to him I'm sure he can explain his decision to you. :icon_cool:

Name
Marcus
Joe at cul cuffs had a zippera floater going arpund I believe he is from your area...
Tel 253/653-7209
Cap

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
A rotary and a zipper,are different animals.

What do you primarily want this new unit for? Cgd? Residential? Arm or back pain?

beagle

Name
bob
The rotovac 360 is wonderful . I have been cleaning carpets for 30 years . It takes the work out of carpet cleaning.

Name
Marcus
Advantage of rotary vs zipper
Rotary ..... rx20... Find a good used one cheap(500...1000$)....proven over time...no corners in homes
Zipper.....no electric cord....no swirls .....no raking...less weight than rx20.....same cleaning....but need blower to support it

Cap

Name
Steve Lawrence
Long time user of RX here. There's no way a Zipper, or any stationary vacuum wand, is going to out clean a Rotary Extractor. Not gonna happen.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Same cleaning on most soil levels, but on heavily soiled carpet I don't believe it can compete with the RX's agitation unless you use a CRB to precondition it first.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
just different methods for sure. but for commercial glue down we prefer the zipper for great results and really good dry times. i will add we agitate almost everything, because in texas almost no one pays us to clean - clean carpet on pay us to clean dirt carpet.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The zipper is an amazing tool and will really save your body but it will replace a wand not a rotary. You need either a way to agitate nasty carpets or a rotary. A good rotary will out clean everything else but it's just overkill for 95 percent of carpets. You wouldn't hire a mechanic without the correct tools. Same thing , its very difficult to do top quality work without the proper tools. Spend the money a zipper will last forever.

Gene

Name
Marcus
Not saying a zipper will out lean an rx 20... But I have found with continual water flow and continual heat I don't need agitation.
Gotta have propane or kero heat and increase water flow to 012 and there is very little difference...no tigering
I do have the prochem 4 jet, ti wand, rx20 with glides and the zipper...
The wand and zipper will clean a bit more evenly wo the cord....
Also most of my business is resturants...
I do need to pull out the rx 20 and test it against the zipper as I haven't used it in a while...
Cap

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Marcus
Agree
If I don't c;lean the job the best I can I won't be satisfied.
Just cleaned probably the dirtiest resturant I have ever cleaned in my 14 years of cleaning??
pizza hut maybe 20x30...took 2 hours...used 70 gallons of water fresh water tank
Used the zipper and was not prepared for it to be so dirty...cranked the heat up, doubled flex w citrus...fan dried...alcaline rinse w citrus
tested against the prochem 4 jet 10 flow and zipper blew it away so put the wand back in the van...
went back today and it looked almost new?uh lets say restored to 6 years ago... just missed a few spots,
One girl came up last night and said she hadn't seen this carpet cleaned since she started working at 16..she looked 22?
I did the math and I was the last carpet cleaner to clean this carpet 6 years ago when I let the account go.....
Asked the manager today and she was very vague about when it was cleaned last...but I do believe it was 6 years...crazy job
Challenged me but now I know what heat, flex and zipper can do....
Had a good workout on the zipper but no joint pain and good sleep...
I am still gonna test it against the rx20 on another grease pit
the cap

Last edited:
Name
Marcus
Yep that's it, the carpet hadn't been cleaned in 6-years. :p
May not be that rare...some off these Chinese resturants don,t clean their carpet accept 1..2 times in the life of ther 10...15 year carpet
I have seen theater 10 years old that have never had their carpet professionally cleaned just the night crew with the plug in spit machine
Some of these owners figure it costs 2000$ year to clean it and they can replace there carpet for that...
Cap

Name
Marcus
Ok so I went head to head w the rx20 w glides vs the zipper on a filthy rental:
Carpets were black in 3 rooms...
Prespoted w flex and bugsprayer..then prespoted w hydra force..used about 80.gallons on a 5 room small rental..kero heat...continual flow... W Total of 011 jet flow..alcaline rinsed w citrus ,,, and final rinse in the. 2 front rooms w final rinse w acid to remove soap res....
Cleaned side bayside inthe dirtiest 3 rooms..took maybe 1.5....2. Hoursonthe truckmount
Zipper out cleaned the rx20 as I could see the difference when I went back with the zipper.....
I still had to reshot some of the spots but it came cleaned and all butthelast 2 rooms were dry
My conclusion:
Zipper out cleaned because rx20 has more agitation but not direct prolonged spray...
The zipper is good at slowly going over dirty areas while vacuuming up all access
Don't know about commercial....I will test later on commercial

Cap

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Ok so I went head to head w the rx20 w glides vs the zipper on a filthy rental:
Carpets were black in 3 rooms...
Prespoted w flex and bugsprayer..then prespoted w hydra force..used about 80.gallons on a 5 room small rental..kero heat...continual flow... W Total of 011 jet flow..alcaline rinsed w citrus ,,, and final rinse in the. 2 front rooms w final rinse w acid to remove soap res....
Cleaned side bayside inthe dirtiest 3 rooms..took maybe 1.5....2. Hoursonthe truckmount
Zipper out cleaned the rx20 as I could see the difference when I went back with the zipper.....
I still had to reshot some of the spots but it came cleaned and all butthelast 2 rooms were dry
My conclusion:
Zipper out cleaned because rx20 has more agitation but not direct prolonged spray...
The zipper is good at slowly going over dirty areas while vacuuming up all access
Don't know about commercial....I will test later on commercial

Cap

Please do.

I am interested in how zipper works in commercial settings. We always scrub anyway so we really dont need the agitation of rx20.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom