Zipper vs Rotary ..

Name
Marcus
I have used the zipper on about 8 resturants....and the performaance is amazing....
Just haven't used it against the rx20
I have been using prochem 4 jet with 010 jetflow.......I haven't used the rx20 on commercial in years cause the prochem was doing fine...
Some may have a different performance w the zipper ...but if your heat and vacuum can hold up use continual flow no trigger....
I use 012 jet flow kero heat and vacuum holds up w 45 blower....the key to Otis more water flow more cleaning.....
I am not nocking the rx20 as I used it for about 5 years..for most of my commercial jobs...but when I got kero heat I tied off the trigger and the wand did fine...
The zipper is the next step as rx20 has it's limits, elec cord......
Cap

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Ok so I went head to head w the rx20 w glides vs the zipper on a filthy rental:
Carpets were black in 3 rooms...
Prespoted w flex and bugsprayer..then prespoted w hydra force..used about 80.gallons on a 5 room small rental..kero heat...continual flow... W Total of 011 jet flow..alcaline rinsed w citrus ,,, and final rinse in the. 2 front rooms w final rinse w acid to remove soap res....
Cleaned side bayside inthe dirtiest 3 rooms..took maybe 1.5....2. Hoursonthe truckmount
Zipper out cleaned the rx20 as I could see the difference when I went back with the zipper.....
I still had to reshot some of the spots but it came cleaned and all butthelast 2 rooms were dry
My conclusion:
Zipper out cleaned because rx20 has more agitation but not direct prolonged spray...
The zipper is good at slowly going over dirty areas while vacuuming up all access
Don't know about commercial....I will test later on commercial

Cap

Citrus in rinse? Doesn't that leave residue?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Please Captain America!! let us know how the testing results on CGD. and Save me from making mistake-- haha. I'm leaning toward HOSS w floating head for now-- but love the speed of my 16inch Evolution wand.

I like the argonomics of the 2 handed Zipper-- much better for the body...

But the picture of the underside of the Zipper was a little burly..IS the set up-- Vac slot-Jets-Vac slot?-- doesn't this mean that the pre-spray will be removed before the jets agitate the pre-spray/carpet?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
doesn't this mean that the pre-spray will be removed before the jets agitate the pre-spray/carpet?

that won't make any difference, John
matter of fact, I think it would actually help, because you're sucking up a load of pre-spray suspended soil just before the jets hit it...little less soil goo and pre-spray to flush/rinse out...that's a good thing

..L.T.A.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
No comparison in regards to the deep cleaning and agitation along with the pile restoration the Rotovac does compared to the zipper

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
It looks like there are going to be Fans on both sides of the Zipper vs Rotary tool debate...

I guess it boils down to the fact that there is NO -ONE TOOL-- for all concerns: I'd just like to avoid adding another "Toy" to my "graveyard".. I had a Power Glide from Prochem before.. but I rarely used it.. Too heavy, slow and clumber-some with hose and cord management.. BUT it was a "God Send" after a very long day when the last Job was a Black but Formally White carpet.. I loved being able to just pull a trigger and stand there cleaning a traffic lane 50 times with not having to push or pull the wand. My Shoulders, biceps and Back were finished before I ever got to this last job--- That was before I learned to use my legs, Gluts, n Abs more then my biceps n back.

Please let us know your findings Captain America-- I hope you will keep an open mind and will give a fair and honest report based on facts: and not just try to prove your pre-desired outcome.

Name
Marcus
I cleaned golden coral tonight traffic lanes.....
Put it head to head against the prochem wand 4 jet...010 jet flow.....w kero heat
Zipper out leaned it by 20..30 percent......
Also I timed sections on the stop wach to see which cleaned faster,,,,same time for the same size section ...I was surprised...but that's what I got.....so I am concluding that I can clean as fast as I could with a wand....and much better
I believe like any tool I am learning to use it faster..after 5 weeks..there is a learning curve.....also a good back leg workout but no joint pain...
About a 2 hour dry time...30 min w fan...45 blower 33 hp...
With a larger blower you could increase water flow jets to 014.. And increase cleaning power...,I use 012...
It may be different for others....but with kero heat no triggering...the key to me for cleaning is water flow water flow...just added a. Pumpout after looking at Ian's affordable pumpout system....so didn't hafta worry about stopping and dumping....
I am not against rotary as I used them to scrub in the 80 s and rx20 for commercial for 5 years before I got kero heat and glides for wand...
Sorry about the rx20 test I will try it later...there is a video somewhere w rx20 and zipper side by side...to me it looked like they cleaned the same..
Cap

Last edited:
Name
Marcus
20 to 30% what?

More soil removal?
Brighter, cleaner looking?
Or drier?

Yes all three...dryer more soil removal...looks cleaner....
I believe this is a result of the 2 glides front and back on the zipper...saves a dry stroke...
Dry times are reduced about 30 percent as you are drying while ther is stille heat on the carpet on the forward stroke....3 hour dry time reduced to 2 hours.....
May also have deeper cleaning because of weight as a glided wand doesn't lean as deep?
Cap

Last edited:
Reactions: renegade_cowboy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom