ZIPPER WAND

Name
Marcus
I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS FOR THOSE WHO OWN A ZIPPER WAND?

1. How can you get more dry time than a TI wand when you have 26"...30" of wand front and back?

2. What size blower and engine are you guys using?
3. How much less labor is it than a TI wand?

4. How does it clean in a restuarant situation(a lot of greece and around tables...)?

thanks for the feedback

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
1. constant head contact with carpet. We love it especially while dual wanding because the zipper almost never looses contact with the carpet and is not leaking vac like we you pick a a wand off the carpet.

2. We are using 135 hp with a 59 blower.

3. I wouldn't say it is any less labor just a more efficient option for larger areas, especially halls or hallways. As it make it a breeze.

4. It really contains the steam and has a really good spray pattern, so does pretty well in restaurants, but keep in mind we do t do but a few of them.

Name
Marcus
Wow 59 blower and 135 hp......

I have a 45 blower and 33...35hp but am looking to bump up to a 47 blower.
That is my concern with a 45 blower - dont know if it will hold up ......

I talked to Eric and may have to test one first....

Do you think a 47 blower would work with the 13" Zipper?

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
what system are you running Cap?

Titanium cant hold a handle to the zip.

I find it easier then wanding for sure. Standing fully upright using two arms equally to clean ( if you got the original handle design)
in the second video I got my dad to help. First time running the zipper lol

leaves the carpet much dryer then a wand (15" zip with 12 flow)

Just flex powder used on these jobs. Regular mixture 2oz/gallon in a multisprayer.
Sure I could have went with a triple threat combo of chems ( power max,judson 02 and slopngobble) like George did in his video but wanted to see what just that would accomplish :)

no prescrub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmZJRka8lyc

vs rx20, no prescrub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpBMVsJe3Ao

Last edited:
Reactions: tmdry
Name
Marcus
Dustin

Yea looks like using a vacuum cleaner..

I have a tweeked NAAMCO with a 33Hp Generac and a 45blower(kero heater)....looking to expand to a 47 blower

What size jets do you use and what size blower ///engine.....

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
[video=youtube_share;8gl0YAANcLQ]http://youtu.be/8gl0YAANcLQ[/video]
[video=youtube_share;unXUhgbcE_k]http://youtu.be/unXUhgbcE_k[/video]

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Marcus
Looks like the zipper wand did better than the rx20

I may try the flex powder for restuarants... Do you use a straight water rinse?

Thanks

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I use my Zipper with my Butler which is a slightly overdriven 47. Awesome combo with huge water and waste tanks. I just cleaned another 20,000 sq/ft of commercial carpet tiles for the second time. The hall below is 10,800 sq/ft and it took 4 hours. Bone dry in 2 hours with no dry passes. The first 100 ft is 2.5" hose. I average 2500 sq/ft without breaking a sweat. Wanding or using a rotary would kill me on this job. We used this Cimex this job, but now will only ever Zipper it!

View attachment 4405View attachment 4408

My buddy has a older Everest with 408 CFM. He uses the 15" Zipper and on the same carpet, his takes about 6 hours to dry, but still pretty good. That is with no dry passes and all 2" hose.

Last edited:
Name
Marcus
this zipper. looks like the real deal..... Probably gonna need a 47 blower....

At my age I am slowing down......

if anyone knows of a used one I would be willing to buy or trade....

Thanks

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
At 52 I can run the zipper all day. We use it exclusively and the wand just sits. The wand kills your lower back and causing an unnatural twist to your spine but the zippers keep you centered The wand can lock down and stop extraction. The zipper makes that almost impossible which is why it rocks on commercial. I flow more water and leave everything drier with less work. Best decision I ever made. I run a 5m blower with straight 4" from the blower to the filter box. It rocks

Name
Marcus
At 52 I can run the zipper all day. We use it exclusively and the wand just sits. The wand kills your lower back and causing an unnatural twist to your spine but the zippers keep you centered The wand can lock down and stop extraction. The zipper makes that almost impossible which is why it rocks on commercial. I flow more water and leave everything drier with less work. Best decision I ever made. I run a 5m blower with straight 4" from the blower to the filter box. It rocks

Yea iv had a pinched nerve in my neck for 2 years....finally went to a chiropractor and he told me being bent over in an awkward position would do this....also another guy in his 50s has the same issue across town.....
Gotta straighten the back or we will end up like hockey players with a short career.....

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I run my 370ss with a Ti Wand So I dont see any reason why I couldnt run a 13" zipper with it. And it has a 45. Ergo Ti wand has sure helped the back feel better but I am interested in the Zipper also.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not much of an expert as I don't run my zipper much.
However I have a Hydra Master cds (4.6 I think. Don't ask.) whatever the blower is, and the zipper definitely leaves the carpet dryer than the Ti.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You won't need a 47 blower if you already have a 45 blower w/ kero heater.

I have 2 45 blowers (TNT's), both have had little giant heaters and kero heaters, they'll run the Zipper fine.

Also have a 59 blower that will get the Zipper-it treatment so I can be like Dustin, he's my hero.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom