Zipper wand

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have all all the mentioned tools and RE.

I use them all..

We do use the 15 inch Zipper on most but we also sometimes use the Zipper SS Super Spinner a lot too.

The Zippers are fast... And we make them work very fast for us in residential... But we have the experience and practice... And determination so we are very efficient with them.

For the wand yes the Conway wand is killer..

Anyone who has come and cleaned with us has ended up going home and buying a Zipper...

If you are doing a good portion of commercial.. Zipper is a no brainer

If you have patience to learn using a Zipper in residential... Its like any tool... Practice makes perfect.

I can't tell you what you will like but can tell you we enjoy both Zipper Wand types and will never be without them... And you are still going to need a good wand too for certain situations...

Agitation can still be key so you can get those fibers back and fluffy so a CRB or similar can still be your friend....

We are fast and efficient with our set up...

And feel we can clean very well with our tools

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
What can I run off a prochem blazer? Stop laughing!
The prochem blazer is a good unit. Easy to maintain, and very reliable. I'd go with the 5flow. Just make sure you have a filter on the QC that connects to the handle on the zipper, and clean it regularly to help prevent those jets clogging.

Due to how the zipper extracts on the wet pass forward, and the size of the blazer, I would get the zipper before I purchased Conway's wand. If you feel it's only commercial needed, then purchase Conway's.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Don't listen to these guys ^. (I didn't even bother reading what they said.) They don't own both.

Buy the DevPro first. Despite what the professional shill says, the Zipper is only practical in commercial and empty residential.

The DevPro is great everywhere.

Marty is 100% correct....your going to want both...I have a zipper on each truck and I will be buying another DevPro before the year is out....Both are high quality tools....
your not going to find a better wand for knocking out residential work then the DevPro...this wand is amazing.....and your not going to find a better tool that can do commercial work like the zipper can...I use it at the schools and all the commercial jobs I do...nothing flushes out better and the dry times are the best I have ever seen...not to mention the amount of time you save with it...

I strongly recommended both for your truck....everything else is secondary...

rick imby

Name
Rick
Come on Mikey---

Where is the Rotov with the Brush head in this thread--- It appears both Jim Martin and Saiger put the Zipper and the Devpro on the truck---well off the truck before anything else.

Name
jack zerkie
I'm on my second zipper the spinner and it's great makes me look like a real carpet cleaner, even better than
SS . I did move the lower handle to carry it. I moved it from the rear=back to the front seems easier to carry for a old guy like me. jz.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
Come on Mikey---

Where is the Rotov with the Brush head in this thread--- It appears both Jim Martin and Saiger put the Zipper and the Devpro on the truck---well off the truck before anything else.
Nothing out cleaned brush head extraction.

Hopefully your client base does not require such a slow method.
Here in Carson and the land of Poly, its a must have.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Can the zipper wand be used as an every day wand?

If you could only buy one (the zipper or a Devpro) which would you get?

Yes a Zipper can be used every day, I have had both, I needed cash for wand development so I sold my Zipper ONLY because the two accounts I bought it for BOTH went to the new vinyl type flooring :madder::madder:. That being said a wand has its place and the Zipper its.
Would I want to wand 10,000 sf of cgd carpet??? Yep I could but why, when we have the Zip.
Would I want to Zipper a house full to the gills with furniture??? Yep I could but why, I have a wand.

How many of us get pissed/or don't like when we have to deal with a little extra drop cord that every rotary has?
All of the above comes down to what is the best TOOL for the job and if you look at all of these above you will see that really in all honesty you need the right tool for the right conditions there is NO ONE TOOL for all.
So if you have a wand that performs well then you have that covered. Yep I would LOVE to sell you a wand but the truth is if you want to be properly set up then get the Zipper and a rotary then you will have a very awesome tool group that you can choose the best for the condition you are faced with.
The Zipper is a down right amazing tool that will outlast your working days ahead of you.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
The Zipper is a bit cumbersome in residential, honestly just as hard on the old body as a wand for me, but I'm not that graceful

I would LOVE to see a lighter, 10" version, a swiveling head would be amazing

Reactions: Mikey P and hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
For residential use, a single handle would be good. I find myself one handing the 13 inch Zipper anyway. A single, Pressure washing style handle/trigger, a swivel and a spinner on the 13 inch would be awesome.

Reactions: hogjowl

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I believe Eric has a wand type handle available for the Zipper. I normally use the Zipper on handed but its nice to have the option to use both.

Ron K

Zipper. It dries faster, rinses great, and if you clean your way in and dry your way out you'll be brilliant. Put a Studibaker with that and you'll be golden. I run a Pro-Chem legend 400psi. in the PNW dry times are amazing Clients Luv the results! A Good wand is a good Wand.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
There are a few guys and it's best to stay with a 13 inch for a 45
I'm running my 13 inch with a 4ml, can even run with a 3ll. I think I could run a 15 inch with either. A lot drier than using a wand triggering back and forth over heavy soiled areas. Pay attention to the clear tube. If nothing is coming through, you're either too high off the carpet or there's not enough moisture left to show. I do a dry stroke with it same as a wand.

Name
Nate W.
Is anyone here running a zipper with a 45 blower?

I do and have since you couldn't buy the Zipper's at 1 point... It does work well and you do keep your posture more correct than wanding... You will learn to walk the Zipper on larger areas unlike a wand... I have both the 13" Zipper jr and 15" Zipper SS... You don't really think 2" makes a big difference but it does... I do prefer to use the 15" over the 13"... I seem to finish jobs faster with that extra 2"..

I have use the 13" with 02 jets for a total of 10 flow and 03 jets for a total of 15 flow... The only difference I really seen was the waste water to be not as "thick" Chocolate milkish when using 03... Some say to use 01 jets but I'm sorry, jets clog too easily in my experience...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I am still using the 5 flow with 01 jets and I have no problem with clogging. You must use a 100 mesh filter before the valve.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thanks for the awesome setup
@Desk Jockey @Erik

I can't wait to try it out tomorrow
IMG_0093.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom