the CX15 arrives..

Mikey P

Administrator
Very nicely packaged..

20140922_072608_zpsk1wykdeb.jpg

Comes with an extremely detailed manual..

20140922_073402_zpsoaoru2x8.jpg

20140922_073848_zps4usl2pgb.jpg

I found it interesting that the Residential spray bar was installed stock..

20140922_073603_zpsoclbponi.jpg

Easy to remove/replace either bar..

20140922_073617_zps7jqadwk9.jpg

Holding the Commercial bar on top for comparison..

20140922_073437_zpsx91sygx2.jpg

I have all resi to do today and a small commercial tomorrow so stay tuned..

Mikey P

Administrator
I'd like to see a sturdy clip system for the spare bar and a small open end wrench so adjustments could be made mid job with out going to the truck ala/the Zipper

Reactions: Cleantechsk
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I wonder if they tested this using say 4 jets spraying less water per jet to help when people move it to fast instead of the two it is made with.

Reactions: truckmount girl

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Resi comes installed probably because you can't hurt commercial carpet with resi but you can hurt resi with commercial spray bar. They chose the safer way to send it.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
You know for those that don't read manual first and "lets try it out on my living room carpet and see how it works" If the commercial bar was in place they would have a lot of carpet cleaners with crappy living room carpet:lol:

Reactions: J Scott W

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I wonder who will be the first to come out with custom-tuned spray bars. Drive angle, kick angle, jet pattern, jet size, multi jet (4, 6?) - the possibilities are endless.....

Maybe this will be Greenies big comeback. :eekk:

Reactions: truckmount girl
Name
Lee Stockwell
Anyone who has tinkered with various power heads over the years has to be paying attention.

When we first experimented with a Turbo-Hybrid on deeply impacted "uncleanable" CGD it was an epiphany. Rotating vacuum shoes were NOT the key. The rotating JETS were the real breakthrough.

I love to see innovation.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Had a long discussion with Rob Hanks today . . .

about the CX-15 . . .

and the possibility of swirl marks on residential carpets . . .

Larry Cobb

Mikey P

Administrator
OK..

Here are some thoughts after three residential jobs..

• Cleans and dries MUCH better than ANY wand ever made.
  • Should prove to be a great tool for newbs looking to move to the next level of clean but can't afford a rotary extractor.
  • Leaves no swirls or jet marks/lines on short loop and piles. I have not used it on shag yet.
  • Dry pass not needed when used with a VAT/short hose run.
  • It seriously needs a clear sight tube. The clearish hose is worthless from the operators viewpoint.
  • Cleans up to edges/baseboards and thresholds really well.
  • Can easily be carried with one hand and with no electric cord it takes about the same amount of time to use on heavily soiled areas as compared to an Rotary Extractor.
  • ...but takes more effort to use/pull.
  • Not sure why it costs $400 more than a SX15
  • If you hit a tough spot or area where you didn't prespray enough, repeated passes doesn't work quite like sitting on it with an RE does..
  • Height adjustment would be nice for us tall guys.
  • "Lift" screw needs to be longer as well.
  • An excellent tool for those smaller or difficult/hassle areas where you usually talk yourself out of lugging in the RE.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Take your glide off your Ti wand and see how many carpet you disengage probably has a bigger opening for vacuum, which makes me wonder if this tool works better with a larger blower like a zipper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That thing cal clean! I wonder if the guys could get used to it before they give up on it. For young guys they act like old dogs and don't care for new stuff. I'm the old dog and love new stuff. :biggrin:

Mike Draper

to be fair, rotaries dont streak on every carpet. Its gotta be just the right carpet and condition to streak. At 700 psi, how much water per minute? might be good to know? stick a rotovac clear tube in between that rubber hose and it should fit just perfect.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
Now why should I buy this over the Zipper wand and I have been looking one for a few months now. Besides price of a $600 difference I say the zipper is much better built. Just picking Mikeys brains here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom