9 Month Review 870

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Incorporating the industry’s first true water conservation system, it also can be inactive under a full vacuum load for as long as 40 minutes without dumping fresh water. That means you can move furniture or apply pre-conditioners without running to shut off your machine, and your fresh water and recovery tanks need to be filled and emptied less often.
Your hot water is used on the job, not dumped into the recovery tank.
From Hydramaster regarding the Titan 575.

http://www.hydramaster.com/Products/Truckmounts/Titan575.aspx

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    353.3 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Able 1

Name
Keith
Powder coat rusting in a year?! I think not.. Maybe it's just rattle canned..

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
That's horrible!
I could test it the way I first set it up. I remember the first house I had to dump the tank before finishing. The bypass is open the entire time the machine is running after a preheat of about 5 minutes. We don't rush through homes and move a lot of stuff so the whole time it's bypassing. I could care less since I changed it to go back to my fresh tank. However, a review should be honest, you need a pump out with it if you don't carry a fresh tank. Not really a big deal in my opinion.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Glad Jason and Gene are happy but I'm seeing others jumping ship after a year on these units and seams like that happened with a few 570 owners to.

Excess water dumping heating issues.

All by a machine that appears to be less complicated should be less expensive but still runs the same as its counter parts like the 570 compared to a 575 or an Apex.

I like the idea of the 870 but a endless waterfall of bypassing is a deal breaker.

And while the fix on the 570 appears to help the 165 thermal relief needs replacing every 6 months.

I've never had one go out on my Prochems.

I know they heat differently.

Just haven't seen this many problems on the 650, or the Apex.

Name
Nate W.
I will say the pro gems don't get nearly as hot (cleaning temp wise). As the sapphires.

I doubt anyone cares when they're having to keep dumping the waste tank.... I squeeze my cheeks on larger jobs hoping my waste tank doesn't overflow before the job is done... :stir:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Thread getting out of control....

On topic: I would think most of us would be pissed if our $28-30k car was rusting and having major issues in such short time (even when you convert the hours ran, to miles).
And a $30k car will have an amazingly high amount of parts and on top of that: moving parts. So no, please try not to explain that, oh it's ok that these truckmounts have this problem and that problem. B S!

Makes you really think, what the hell costs $30k on such small machines compared to a $30k Mercedes C class for example...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
it really is amazing to see something like that rusting so soon. It is in a truck, protected from the elements, except from what the owner is doing to it. Is it being sprayed with hot caustic or acidic chemicals because of leaks? Is it just the humidity? Is it poor painting practices? Look at the engine bay of a new car and you won't see rust after 1 year.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Mine rusted where it was chipped or scratched.

But mine is in a trailer and it is really humid down here.

Now that I have sanded and painted it it hasn't rusted again yet.

The powder coat could be done better in my opinion.

We had a few things powder coated on our first vortex and 8 years later don't have much rust anywhere and the fresh tank is exposed or open on one side.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You know the 650 hp held 215 atw in Vegas with a 12 flow wand, the same as an el Diablo that's not bad at all when it come to heat.

They didn't test the apex against the 570 but the 575 beat the 570.

My 405 maintains better heat than my 570 right now I might need to descale soon.

We had the heat exchanger off and was avg 225 to 240 atm on the 405 but it was hotter then Mikey swinging a wand in front of the ladies outside.

Last edited:

steve_64

I have 70 gl waste tank. It would take a couple hours of normal wanding to fill it. It would also be time to refill and take break so I would just run a vac hose to where I want to dump while I fill up and take a break.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Makes you really think, what the hell costs $30k on such small machines compared to a $30k Mercedes C class for example...
One makes one money, the other only costs you money.

Zee if you manufactured a widget that could make the purchaser an unlimited amount of income, (provided they have the work load) would you want a little more than a thin slice of profit?

Personally I'd gouge the fook out of them. :icon_twisted:

I just sold them a golden goose that has the potential to truly change their life. Hell, price just went up $3,500.00 on all machines! :very_drunk:

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Both of you are wrong Steve and Richard. Partially.

A $30k car can make you money... Ask a taxi driver or one of them uber drivers. My point is this: yes we can convert the hours use to miles and come up with a comforting figure of how many miles the truckmount ran. And yes it might look like it did what the car did in that same 5-7 year run. They both cost you money to maintain - true. But let's be honest about the resale value of a $30k car that was well maintained and a truckmount that was maintained. You might sell that five year old car for about half of the original cost...but I don't think anyone will pay that much for a truckmount that was used thousands of hours (equalling the car miles).

And again the point I made earlier: the car has so many more parts electronics, computers, moving parts etc....it's an astonishingly long list of parts that make up a car and a truckmount doesn't even come near to that.

I get it, cars are mass produced and source parts for a lot less. But really, think about what cost $30k on a small, relatively simple machine (as opposed to a complete and complex car).

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I don't have too much issue with the price of the equipment but I agree for that price, it should be reliable, not rusting out in the first year. These issues that may seem minor to some, are not minor if it prevents you from completing a job because your waste tank filled up prematurely, or, you didn't have enough heat because the bimba valve stuck. Most of the high end units (including pto's) seem to be having problems with the computers and electronics.

Mikey P

Administrator
If they were built well, customizable and the customer service and warranty was excellent, a garage mount should cost more than a production unit

Just like a hand-built bicycle frame does

But alas, the Texan rattle can mounts are....not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom