9 Month Review 870

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Zee you are wrong! Maybe not, but I just like saying it. ZEE you are wrong! LOL

Seriously a 30k car in 5-6 years is going to be one POS. Sadly you can't buy much of a car for 30k anymore.

You can buy an excellent TM that will however make you enough money to buy that nice car. :cool:

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Have seen small manufacturers do very good, competitively priced machines...problems usually come when they are discovered by general carpet cleaning population and have to ramp up production. Also large scale makes it possible to reduce labor costs ... automakers use robots etc. Small scale is a guy working because he loves it and isn't paying himself much. So the sweet spots for price are small and very large. The middle is difficult... not that different from our businesses. That being said We are definitely being over charged because as someone else has said... their product makes up money many times the purchase cost.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It just doesn't make sense to me.

When its your business, and your very existence is going to be dependent on a machine, why would you not buy the best instead of the cheapest???

It baffles me. I always want the best. If I scrimp it won't be on something I depend on.

Reactions: mwall2230

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
When its your business, and your very existence is going to be dependent on a machine, why would you not buy the best instead of the cheapest???
Isn't this thread about the SS 870 their most expensive machine and it's issues? Price doesn't always equal best. We pay a lot of money for something so we do our best to justify it. Rusting after a couple months and filling waste tanks after only 3 rooms...no thanks, I don't want it. I know what you mean though...cheap is usually the very worst investment of all.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Isn't this thread about the SS 870 their most expensive machine and it's issues? Price doesn't always equal best. We pay a lot of money for something so we do our best to justify it. Rusting after a couple months and filling waste tanks after only 3 rooms...no thanks, I don't want it. I know what you mean though...cheap is usually the very worst investment of all.

Bob, I would say I'm 90% satisfied . I could care less it bypasses water because it heats it so efficiently. You can easily solve the problem with a pump out. Good to have anyway. The rust I'm not so happy about but I'll remove it and treat it with T-19. I would recommend the machines to anyone looking, supper reliable so far. I was wrong about the time. I put it into operation 6-22-15, so 1 year already. Zero downtime, thats my main concern. A good review should point out all since some might care about things I don't. I've yet to own a machine I haven't had to change something. This is the least tinkered with, including those I did myself.

Does the perfect machine exist that would even satisfy Marty 100%. I doubt it. However, most tend to like whatever they invested their money on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom