Aerotech DDS Feedback

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Interesting how I’m not allowed to like Damon’s post above
Oh, I think I know what your talking about.... I deleted my post. You probably tried to "Like" my comment in the window of me deleting it. I deleted it because I'm being nice today and that comment went against the protocols of niceness.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ok, I’ll tell you what I know,

Diesel exhaust fluid is said to remove Nitrus oxide I think for the truck to be cleaner.

But it seems to be a scam because it wouldn’t even be needed if these new engines weren’t hooked up with egr sensors. It helps prevent a problem that the 6.0ford always had

But if the EGR was never there, the DEF would’ve never been needed. That’s the way I see it

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Oh, I think I know what your talking about.... I deleted my post. You probably tried to "Like" my comment in the window of me deleting it. I deleted it because I'm being nice today and that comment went against the protocols of niceness.
Ok I’ll say it

The 370 is weak and overpriced

FredC

Village Idiot
Ok, I’ll tell you what I know,

Diesel exhaust fluid is said to remove Nitrus oxide I think for the truck to be cleaner.

But it seems to be a scam because it wouldn’t even be needed if these new engines weren’t hooked up with egr sensors. It helps prevent a problem that the 6.0ford always had

But if the EGR was never there, the DEF would’ve never been needed. That’s the way I see it

So wait. If the egr system, which is designed to reduce NOx, wasn't there you wouldn't need DEF that further reduces it? Please math that for me.

What about the diesels that do away with egr in favor of more DEF?

then explain to me, barney style, how DEF fooks your engine up

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Anything can be best selling if you advertise it enough

I’ve used one several times and it’s nothing to brag about.
WWE not HWE

and suction is weak

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So wait. If the egr system, which is designed to reduce NOx, wasn't there you wouldn't need DEF that further reduces it? Please math that for me.

What about the diesels that do away with egr in favor of more DEF?

then explain to me, barney style, how DEF fooks your engine up
Fred, it’s just another way to make more money. It’s not a needed product. How many years have Diesel engines been used without the DEF?

Chris A

Name
Chris
and they're relatively quiet too

View attachment 118322

Chris* did the office carpets a month or two ago.
Side door ally sandwiched between two brick buildings where a noisy TM would echo 3 blocks away.
One of the quietest slide-ins I've ever heard

*his guy Kevin did the cleaning .
He's a winner Chris!!
Take good care of him, long term he's worth his weight in gold to you
(literally)

..L.T.A.

Thanks! Kevin's been with me 8 years, which seems like an eternity now. He's not a perfect employee but he's pretty fkn close so I try to keep him happy, thankfully it doesn't take a ton.

Mikey P

Administrator
So you went out with one of your dopey Georgia cleaners that I'm just sure had their machine running at peak perfection and use that as your typical 2 minute due diligent process..

Idiot.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
The dry times are weak. And don’t ramble about how good yours is. The humidity is low in your area

It's all about balance, something you know nothing about.

Balance pressure, balanced wand, balanced hoses, balanced pre-spray amount, balance dwell times, balance agitation.

Me and my dinky 370 will out clean you and your big stupid to Juan machine any day of the week and any climate

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's all about balance, something you know nothing about.

Balance pressure, balanced wand, balanced hoses, balanced pre-spray amount, balance dwell times, balance agitation.

Me and my dinky 370 will out clean you and your big stupid to Juan machine any day of the week and any climate
I challenge you then

• Haha
Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Think I don't know what I'm talking about?. Think again... endless conversations with goobers like you who don't know shit from shinola

Todays goober allotment
PXL_20221007_010446014.jpg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So you went out with one of your dopey Georgia cleaners that I'm just sure had their machine running at peak perfection and use that as your typical 2 minute due diligent process..

Idiot.

You plugged up to the restaraunts hot water that day. Admit it

Chris A

Name
Chris
I don't think anyone should worry about getting a PTO unit unless they use their truck for everything from taking the kids to school to towing a travel trailer. It's kind of alarming to see units with less than 2,000 hours in a van with 248,000 miles on it.

We bought a HM CDS when they first came out and then gradually replaced all of the slide-ins with them. 40 years of nothing but CDS and very little downtime for repair. We used to put 10,000 hours on the units before selling, but we're not using them day and night anymore. Selling at 4-5,000 hours means the next guy gets another lifetime out of it.

We had some bad luck with Fords in the 80's, no issues with Dodge and a few problems with the GM vans. Nothing was due to running a PTO unit except baking plug wires. Any truck related problem also existed in other models by the same manufacturer.

4,000 hours sound like a lot, and it is, for a generator motor.

I would've loved to have that luck. My oldest cds made it to 5500 hours before it gave up the ghost. I've always heard of high hour clutch drives but just never had that experience even with what I consider to be really good maintenance. The 570s use the 3 cylinder Kubota which is just about bulletproof, almost as good as the old Nissan 4 cyls

FredC

Village Idiot
Fred, it’s just another way to make more money. It’s not a needed product. How many years have Diesel engines been used without the DEF?

So now we have gone from it ruining engines to it just not being needed?

What isn't really needed is more NOx . How long? A long time. Surely you remember smog, acid rain, soot filled smoke from cars/trucks etc? All those useless parts like egr, cats, DEF, etc reduce that.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m in the mood to get Melon’s heart rate up and I accidentally got into a losing argument with Fred. I don’t know enough about Diesel engines to argue. I’m still just pissed off about my 6.0 experience and blowing smoke about the DEF. I still think it’s just another money scam though.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m in the mood to get Melon’s heart rate up and I accidentally got into a losing argument with Fred. I don’t know enough about Diesel engines to argue. I’m still just pissed off about my 6.0 experience and blowing smoke about the DEF. I still think it’s just another money scam though.
For the record, my outlook on life is much better lately. I've been riding everyday since I got my bike.

to quote the great Arlo.....

I don't want a pickle. I just want to ride my motor-sickle.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would've loved to have that luck. My oldest cds made it to 5500 hours before it gave up the ghost. I've always heard of high hour clutch drives but just never had that experience even with what I consider to be really good maintenance. The 570s use the 3 cylinder Kubota which is just about bulletproof, almost as good as the old Nissan 4 cyls
A 1999 Chevy just sold recently with a cds with over 9000 hours. He was asking $18,000 which was ridiculous. Don't know how much it was eventually sold for. Another one sold last year. 1988 with over 10,000 hours. Another guy was selling a 1989 Chevy with only 3200 hours, maybe the hour meter was broken. I was tempted because the body was pristine but not $14,000 worth. I currently have a 2002 Cleanco with 335,000 kilometers and over 5600 hours . Just cleaned out my pump and replaced the chemical feed. Runs like new, almost.

Name
Swani
So now we have gone from it ruining engines to it just not being needed?

What isn't really needed is more NOx . How long? A long time. Surely you remember smog, acid rain, soot filled smoke from cars/trucks etc? All those useless parts like egr, cats, DEF, etc reduce that.
I'm a believer in reducing emissions. But I dont think DEF is the answer. DEF and the EGR system drastically reduce MPG's causing more fuel to be burned causing more emissions. I also think it's kinda ironic that by trying to reduce emissions and pollution we are dumping plastic jugs of DEF in our vehicles, then they are getting tossed in the trash along with the cardboard boxes they came in to forever fill our landfills, not to mention all the emissions it took to make the jugs and boxes.

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm a believer in reducing emissions. But I dont think DEF is the answer. DEF and the EGR system drastically reduce MPG's causing more fuel to be burned causing more emissions. I also think it's kinda ironic that by trying to reduce emissions and pollution we are dumping plastic jugs of DEF in our vehicles, then they are getting tossed in the trash along with the cardboard boxes they came in to forever fill our landfills, not to mention all the emissions it took to make the jugs and boxes.

Can you show me where it drastically reduces MPGs? A properly tuned engine with functioning parts using egr and def (today)should actually have improved fuel economy/or no impact at all .

Plastic is bad too but you many places you can get def at the pump.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
Can you show me where it drastically reduces MPGs? A properly tuned engine with functioning parts using egr and def should actually have improved fuel economy/or no impact at all .

Plastic is bad too but you many places you can get def at the pump.
I probably should have said that by deleting def and EGR it greatly improves your mileage. My brother just did his Ram 2500 and is getting 25mpg consistently, where before it was 15 mpg. The reason I use him for example is because he figures it out at each fill by hand at the pump. He doesn't go off the computer or be like some of these dumb shits that hit 35 mpg on their instant mpg going down a hill and claim it to be their average.

I was having some issues with my Ford 6.0 and the mechanic told me to have it deleted. After they deleted it you never would have believed that it was the same diesel motor. It ran cooler, got much better mpg and had a lot more power.

My 6.7 diesel check engine light is on and guesa what the culprit is? It's initials are D.E.F.

I've only seen DEF at the pump in a few places in Montana. What I mostly see are these plastic jugs cramed into the trash bin at the fuel pumps. That if you don't buy sends your pickup into limp mode.

I 100% agree that we need to reduce NOx pollution, but there has to be some trade off because a plant that makes boxes and plastic DEF jugs is emitting NOx, not to mention that those jugs are here forever. The plant that makes the parts for emission systems is polluting. So if we just made the diesels run better and get better mileage seems to be the best alternative to me. Less diesel burned is less emissions. And if this country really wanted to reduce emissions we would lower speed limits to increase mpg as well. Montana is 80 mph. I go every bit of 80 when I can, but if we all went 70 it would burn a lot less fuel. We should also ship more goods and freight by rail. I am biased on that, but trains are the greenest compared to the other alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom