Aerotech DDS Feedback

FredC

Village Idiot
I probably should have said that by deleting def and EGR it greatly improves your mileage. My brother just did his Ram 2500 and is getting 25mpg consistently, where before it was 15 mpg. The reason I use him for example is because he figures it out at each fill by hand at the pump. He doesn't go off the computer or be like some of these dumb shits that hit 35 mpg on their instant mpg going down a hill and claim it to be their average.

I was having some issues with my Ford 6.0 and the mechanic told me to have it deleted. After they deleted it you never would have believed that it was the same diesel motor. It ran cooler, got much better mpg and had a lot more power.

My 6.7 diesel check engine light is on and guesa what the culprit is? It's initials are D.E.F.

I've only seen DEF at the pump in a few places in Montana. What I mostly see are these plastic jugs cramed into the trash bin at the fuel pumps. That if you don't buy sends your pickup into limp mode.

I 100% agree that we need to reduce NOx pollution, but there has to be some trade off because a plant that makes boxes and plastic DEF jugs is emitting NOx, not to mention that those jugs are here forever. The plant that makes the parts for emission systems is polluting. So if we just made the diesels run better and get better mileage seems to be the best alternative to me. Less diesel burned is less emissions. And if this country really wanted to reduce emissions we would lower speed limits to increase mpg as well. Montana is 80 mph. I go every bit of 80 when I can, but if we all went 70 it would burn a lot less fuel. We should also ship more goods and freight by rail. I am biased on that, but trains are the greenest compared to the other alternatives.

I think something might have been wrong with your buddy's egr system/DPF. You'll potentially gain more power (with other mods/flash) but the mpg gain shouldn't be that drastic. Many choose to delete rather than fix (I used to do that myself on old Datsuns....just a valve and a pipe then)

The def reduces the reliance on egr . The egr systems themselves have led to upgraded complimentary systems and part so you aren't needing the timing differences and you aren't recirculating as much dirty air into the intake/chambers. You will likely see continued advances in the systems to the point where stripping them off doesn't do much at all. Yes it adds complexity....

Looking at how much pollutants diesels produce I'm not sure that reducing the added footprint associated with the emissions systems would be a net positive or even close. We can also look elsewhere to see what that looks like. There is only so much you can do to make a diesel "run better"/more efficient.

I am surprised Montana doesn't have more DEF pumps by now

Reactions: Living The Dream

Darkror

Name
Shane
I did give some serious thought to buying an aero tech XT, but ended up buying 2 vans and 570s for the same price. I had about $65k into each setup I can't imagine what it would be out the door now
Smart. I had a Vortex in the mid 2000's, while it was powerful and perfect for long hose runs (dual wanding too) it was pretty much overkill for almost everything else. It served its purpose at the time, but it's something I would never buy again.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I bought 2 ss summit pto machines have had absolutely zero problems from either one in the year and a half or so that ive had them. Has a 10 year warranty that includes damn near everything on the machine. The dds is all stainless wich was appealing but in the end 10 year warranty made the decision for me.
It won't be the machine that breaks, it will be how easy a mechanic can work on the engine compartment with after market parts installed.

Josh Ryan

Name
Josh Ryan
and they're relatively quiet too

View attachment 118322

Chris* did the office carpets a month or two ago.
Side door ally sandwiched between two brick buildings where a noisy TM would echo 3 blocks away.
One of the quietest slide-ins I've ever heard

*his guy Kevin did the cleaning .
He's a winner Chris!!
Take good care of him, long term he's worth his weight in gold to you
(literally)

..L.T.A.
I have to agree I have almost 1000 hours in my 570 has been a great unit.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I was lucky enough to check out the dds at jon don and convinced them to let me try it out. I would love to buy one and love the direct drives. It was very clean setup and seems to save space. I like the round waste tank idea that drains perfect and supposedly makes a "vortex" or something to help with vacuum also but I bet thats marketing.

I own 2 cds machines and a butler I do like pto units and think they probably are the best way to go but my older unit is at 150k miles and 5000 hours and lately hasn't been very reliable the van always has little things going wrong but nothing major I am hoping to get through the little things and run it to 10k

The butler is good but I hate the pressure gauge being in the cover and having to be adjusted at the machine with the tool oil change and maintenance is easy and seems it could be done by anyone

back the to the dds if I could get the dds for the same or similar price as a hydramaster cds and I liked my Jon Don I would go for it hands down if I didn't like or trust my local jon don then I would buy the cds sv

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Butler and Aerotech install the PTO’s at their place where they build them and know the most about the units.

Why is Legend and Hydramaster and Cleanco depending on the jiffy lube mechanics at these dealers to install them?

That’s why there’s so many issues. Improper installation

Reactions: Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Butler and Aerotech install the PTO’s at their place where they build them and know the most about the units.

Why is Legend and Hydramaster and Cleanco depending on the jiffy lube mechanics at these dealers to install them?

That’s why there’s so many issues. Improper installation
Not quite accurate. They provide decent training. It comes down to the dedication of the installer. Main thing is aligning the PTO shaft properly and making sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. We see the same issues on slide ins as well. It's not like slide in installers are rocket scientists. They are only slightly smarter than carpet cleaners.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Morrison

hogjowl

Idiot™
The current Cleanco service manager put my first one in. Until I figured out how to correct his mistakes, I was changing belts every two or three months. A year later, he did an outstanding job installing Brady’s. No issues with his.
If humans weren’t involved, most units would run great.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The current Cleanco service manager put my first one in. Until I figured out how to correct his mistakes, I was changing belts every two or three months. A year later, he did an outstanding job installing Brady’s. No issues with his.
If humans weren’t involved, most units would run great.
We have 2 very good installers here. A third one who is so so. Hydramaster is just across the border from us in Washington state. That's why we have tons of used cds units out living the vans they were installed in

Mikey P

Administrator
The LB one was a rebadged white magic with some upgrades.

And there is nothing wrong with that.
The Pro 1200 started off as a relabeled white magic and then it got pretty much totally re-engineered under the same name but they didn't stop in between the changes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom