Another Zipper knock off

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Cast Stainless Bentley PRO vs. Zipper Aluminum doesn't sound junky.

(and I did test the SS Zipper prototype)

View attachment 69033

If THATS what the underside looks like-- ERIK has nothing to worry about!-- the bonzer would be better then this knock off!
Did you notice the spray jets are after the 2 vac slots?

This wand will be DOA (Dead on arrival)-
or #1 best seller on other boards. :eekk: :dejection::stir:

Mikey P

Administrator
Looks like there are jets between the glides as well.

8 flow and a 24" vacuum opening, won't run off any portable or ETM, that's for sure.

There's those metal glides again.
Are those still rooted out of losing the Harris Research lawsuit or the thought that some extra agitation is good?
I'm not giving an employee a very potential stone, wood and baseboard damaging tool.
No wheel height adjustment seen but probably not needed with the two shoes so close.

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Cast Stainless Bentley PRO vs. Zipper Aluminum doesn't sound junky.

(and I did test the SS Zipper prototype)

But, I haven't seen it yet, since it will be released at ICE on the 25th.

John did have numerous discussions with Erik about his plans.

View attachment 69033

I do not believe there were a lot of discussions about using Erik's design.

I believe Erik told him a pretty resounding NO... Can't use his patent or ideas and wasn't giving permission of any nature.

This is one of the first time publicly I have said anything about this...

But where were these guys at few years ago wanting to make a Zipper knock off?

Now people realize what the Zipper can do they are out to get on the band wagon.

It does piss me off!

Mikey P

Administrator
bentleypro1-jpg.69033

Unless those are not (4) jet behind the glide, this tool should not be used in the manner of the Zipper (long full room wet strokes) as the water from the back jets will not be recovered quick enough.

Larry did Shawn Forsythe have anything to do with the design of this?

Reactions: Lint Basket

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
bentleypro1-jpg.69033

Unless those are not (4) jet behind the glide, this tool should not be used in the manner of the Zipper (long full room wet strokes) as the water from the back jets will not be recovered quick enough.

Larry did Shawn Forsythe have anything to do with the design of this?
If there's jets in between the vac slots, it won't have enough time to flush out the soil. The water needs to get under the soil to flush it out. It looks like as soon as the water hits the top of the carpet, it's gonna get sucked right up.

Mikey P

Administrator
Mytee says the spray is fully contained so I'll take that to mean those are not jets on the back side and that rendering has been changed.

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Better to be pissed off then pissed on!
Unless your into that sort of thing.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
And ya got see it in action. To know what it does, still probably not gonna capture Erik's market.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Two vicious knock off announcements in the last 24 hours, has me feeling very depressed about this family of ours.

It's the equivalent of finding out our Uncle Stanley has been molesting some of the grand kids.

Both culprits lurk on this forum and I want you both to know I find you utterly despicable lowlifes, hiding under your phony Robin hoods.

Claiming to be all about helping cleaners save money, while you stack it in your closets next to the tied up grand kids.
Oh no, not uncle Stanley

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Mytee says the spray is fully contained so I'll take that to mean those are not jets on the back side and that rendering has been changed.

Ya full back wards and forward cleaning not possible with exterior jets.

Mikey P

Administrator
OK I think see whats going on there, that spray bar has flood jets going forward and spraying down between the glides.

Which means the vacuum port is obstructed at least 4 times

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
TO BE REAL HONEST HERE I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS AT ALL.

I don't think Erik has ever sold more than 400 of these any given year(could be wrong here) SO WHY THE KNOCKOFFS?

I doubt rotovic has sold more a few hundred of the bozos and how many did they get back?

i don't understand the financial drive to copy a tool that does not sell a great quantity of each year.

I know the whole, distributor network will help get more out, but how much more double? Still not a very high production total in my opinion.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I don't think Erik has ever sold more than 400 of these any given year(could be wrong here) SO WHY THE KNOCKOFFS?

I doubt rotovic has sold more a few hundred of the bozos and how many did they get back?

i don't understand the financial drive to copy a tool that does not sell a great quantity of each year.

I know the whole, distributor network will help get more out, but how much more double? Still not a very high production total in my opinion.
I think Erik would sell a lot more if he had a better production plant and more distributors.

Reactions: vibra-vacster

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Glad to see Mikey being feisty here.

I was more outraged by Rotovac as it was a complete (but cheap) replica. I'm not very happy with my latest dealings with Rotovac and the pretentious manner that they conducted themselves with me either. I still have my $360 auction money I won on this board for $200. It was almost a year ago but I'm left with such a bad taste I can't even buy anything from them, even having the credit to do so.

As for Cobb, I'm more of an apologist because I like the guy, but. It is wrong to copycat. Legally, perhaps big money will say otherwise. However at the end of the day you are profiting off of someone else's blood, sweat, and tears. There will be karma to pay regardless.

Mikey P

Administrator

great point.

Both knock off assume that it is the high price of the Zipper keeping sales volume low.

Which is partially true.

If either really want to move some drag wands, come up with one that costs $199.

Mikey P

Administrator
I think Erik would sell a lot more if he had a better production plant and more distributors.

Do you mean cheaper and have units floored in Interlinks and Jon Dons?

Erik's standards/morals wont let his tool be sold in a one size fits all setting. Jetting, glide styles, trigger placement, handle choices and colors are not something either large company wold be willing to train employees on.

thats why Jon Don sells the Bonzer and Aramsco will sell the Mytee.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
All that said let's continue to speculate on mytee knock off as it seems like the "leak" of the yet to be released or shown wand is getting the word out effectively just as they might want.

I think the tool has two jet bars, one will activate or spray going forward And other will spray going backwards.

Just a hunch we will see.

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay

You nailed it.

Such a small piece of the pie.

So basically the market shares should break down like this. 80% buy the tool that will be the best investment for their business, the other 20% are the cheap ass's trying to save a buck and do not understand business. Erik holds the 80% and should be happy he doesn't have to deal with the cheap ass's anymore.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mikey and his morals hahaha. And who do you hang around with that STOLE Ken Harris's idea?
I was there at connections when they were blantly trying to sell their glides right in the aisle next to his paid for booth.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do you mean cheaper and have units floored in Interlinks and Jon Dons?

Erik's standards/morals wont let his tool be sold in a one size fits all setting. Jetting, glide styles, trigger placement, handle choices and colors are not something either large company wold be willing to train employees on.

thats why Jon Don sells the Bonzer and Aramsco will sell the Mytee.
These are things that are easily overcome. Most carpet cleaners adjust the jetting to suit their cleaning unit. Handle is easy to replace, the supplier can order extra handles and supply the one the customer wants. Glides are interchangeable. I think that Erik needs to find ways to produce more at a lower cost to the distributors, so that both can make some money on it. This will prevent some people from knocking it off in my opinion. The Zipper is a great tool and the distributors want to sell it. If they can't get it, they want an alternative. It's not right but that's the way it is.

Reactions: Lint Basket

Mikey P

Administrator
Mikey and his morals hahaha. And who do you hang around with that STOLE Ken Harris's idea?
I was there at connections when they were blantly trying to sell their glides right in the aisle next to his paid for booth.

Ken's idea was cutting grooves in the flat Acetel glide that came with Magic Wand wands..

The round glide idea came from Greenie and my ideas.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Erik has made a quality rock solid tool......he made a deal, he got it back and now he really serves his clients, one on one, he takes the time to make it just right for them. This is why the Amazing reviews.

Yes the tool is awsome but it is the whole package that goes with it. I do NOT believe that can be copied that is what makes Erik and Erik's tool earn the reviews it gets.

It is not a huge market, but from looking from the outside many would assume the Erik is making a ton of money....He is making a living, he still cleans carpet....he still is in the shop till early morning hours working on getting Zips out for his customers, look at the way it comes to you in a box that is better than most guys beds they sleep on...his passion, love, and pure sacrifice of his life and time shows all the way down to the shipping box, you are not going tpo get that from a lower quality, lower priced tool.

It is NOT all about the money with Erik. Yes that is nice but it is more about the thrill of the guy that buys it, and Eriks hard work helps that end user out.

Due to all what Erik has done he has created a small but powerul group of guys and testimonials that are amazing..... No different than a carpet cleaner living every minute, dedicating his life to his company and becoming successful......... and what do you see? You see all these guys going cheaper in the same phone book......They don't get it never will......They ARE NOT THE TRUE PAKAGE they are not that guy, yet they hold themselves down thinking that the money is the answer, they may never become successful because they are not being TRUE to THEMSELVES they only see from the outside what someone else has worked hard to gain, what they are not understanding is they are NOT that person.

There are almost a 100 cleaners in my town, I'm not gonna say I haven't felt it but we are still here.....Erik and I both suffer from being torn between tools and our Carpet Cleaning Co. It sucks for Erik, yes but also it is a true STATEMENT to Erik and the ZIPPER to continue to move forward and keep his grass roots to what that has given him, and what HE STANDS FOR.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Erik has made a quality rock solid tool......he made a deal, he got it back and now he really serves his clients, one on one, he takes the time to make it just right for them. This is why the Amazing reviews.

Yes the tool is awsome but it is the whole package that goes with it. I do NOT believe that can be copied that is what makes Erik and Erik's tool earn the reviews it gets.

It is not a huge market, but from looking from the outside many would assume the Erik is making a ton of money....He is making a living, he still cleans carpet....he still is in the shop till early morning hours working on getting Zips out for his customers, look at the way it comes to you in a box that is better than most guys beds they sleep on...his passion, love, and pure sacrifice of his life and time shows all the way down to the shipping box, you are not going tpo get that from a lower quality, lower priced tool.

It is NOT all about the money with Erik. Yes that is nice but it is more about the thrill of the guy that buys it, and Eriks hard work helps that end user out.

Due to all what Erik has done he has created a small but powerul group of guys and testimonials that are amazing..... No different than a carpet cleaner living every minute, dedicating his life to his company and becoming successful......... and what do you see? You see all these guys going cheaper in the same phone book......They don't get it never will......They ARE NOT THE TRUE PAKAGE they are not that guy, yet they hold themselves down thinking that the money is the answer, they may never become successful because they are not being TRUE to THEMSELVES they only see from the outside what someone else has worked hard to gain, what they are not understanding is they are NOT that person.

There are almost a 100 cleaners in my town, I'm not gonna say I haven't felt it but we are still here.....Erik and I both suffer from being torn between tools and our Carpet Cleaning Co. It sucks for Erik, yes but also it is a true STATEMENT to Erik and the ZIPPER to continue to move forward and keep his grass roots to what that has given him, and what HE STANDS FOR.
I agree with everything you say Tom. However, I think Erik is a victim of his own success. He has created a premium tool that has revolutionized the way we clean carpets. I can't imagine being without my Zipper on large commercial jobs. Others have noticed and want a piece of the pie.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Erik has built a tool that will last a lifetime and probably more......WHAT IS THAT TRULY WORTH?? Really what is that worth?

How much carpet will you clean, and bring in money over your carpet cleaning career with this 2000.00 dallor investment?

The better question how much money will the 2000.00 Zipper make in its carpet cleaning career before it is worn out and needs to be replaced?

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think that is part of the problem. Nobody builds like that anymore. We live in a disposable society and very few of us appreciate that type of quality. You do because you are a builder and fabricator yourself and have an eye for quality products but the average carpet cleaner, who maybe isn't on MB has no idea. He will believe whatever his distributor tells him and when it breaks or doesn't do what it is supposed to do, will just shrug his shoulders and buy the next so called greatest tool that his distributor is flogging at that time. My Zipper has already paid for itself, several times over and I am sure it will continue to do so for many more years. I have no issue with the price. I also like top quality.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I agree with everything you say Tom. However, I think Erik is a victim of his own success. He has created a premium tool that has revolutionized the way we clean carpets. I can't imagine being without my Zipper on large commercial jobs. Others have noticed and want a piece of the pie.
Like I said they are NOT ERIK, It will take these guys years to see any profit, for what they have to spend in mold costs and production.
The truth is they are making great tools in other fields and would more than likely gain more money focusing on marketing the great tools they have already,

I have a Roto Vac DHX that tool even though it is slow, maybe a little out dated, has CLEANED the hell out of some of the nastiest of carpets I have thrown at it.
Rotovac has proven to me that they make a great rotary, and why I want to buy a 360I ...

This latest deal has really morally bothered me, I need the 360I, I am getting older, past the age of 100+ pounds of stair climbing rotaries.

I don't know the whole story or do I want too, but I am sadened by this, The industry leaders are setting the same example as the phone book low ball cleaners.....it is cancer to industry.... it promotes corners to be cut, quality to drop, and thus this is what gave Dateline News the right to do a show on how the industry is full of dishonest scam artist.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Looks like there are jets between the glides as well.
8 flow and a 24" vacuum opening, won't run off any portable or ETM, that's for sure.

There's those metal glides again.
I'm not giving an employee a very potential stone, wood and baseboard damaging tool.
No wheel height adjustment seen but probably not needed with the two shoes so close.

I just got off the phone with John L. of Mytee .

=There is a single row of 5 jets between the two vac shoes (Erik the same-edited).

There are PTFE glides on both vac heads.

The PRO vac manifold stainless design is based on the Bentley wand,
with a similar air channel for the second head . (no air gap on back head required)

The Bentley PRO comes with a flow control to adjust the water flow to match equipment.

Hundreds of carpet cleaners will actually demo the equipment @ ICE in 10 days.

Will their opinions be welcome on this "open board" ??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom