Another Zipper knock off

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Eric's Zipper is a work of love and it shows.
It is for people that know and much appreciate quality. The tool is well worth the price and the extra money is but a pittance in comparison to how well it works and how long it will last.

I don't think he should take the price down, unless he can accomplish it by more efficient means of production and volume through suppliers. And doing it that way, may not be his cup of tea. It's his business decision and I hope it works for him. With the quality built into the zipper, I very much doubt how much can be saved in efficiency. And Monday quarterbacks are a dime a dozen.

I very much doubt that the people who buy the knock offs, will buy his even if it was somewhat cheaper. Different crowd.

If I had commercial accounts with large open areas to clean, Eric's zipper will be the tool I'll buy and I'd rather buy it from him.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It seems Larry has NOT used a Zipper, even though I'm sure he could have bought one for his store to offer.

In the meantime he's shilling every clone that comes along.

I have TWO black Bentleys, so I can speak to the thought of a two-headed monstrosity and its plumbing.

The boys re-welded the manifold to properly line up and space the spray jets. Larry is well aware of the stock conglomeration of angles and misaligned parts.

Mikey P

Administrator
I just got off the phone with John L. of Mytee . I hope you told him I said hi.
There is a single row of 5 jets between the two vac shoes (Erik has 2 rows). rows of what? corn? the Zipper has one row of jets
There are PTFE glides on both vac heads. brilliant.
The PRO vac manifold stainless design is based on the Bentley wand a
with a similar air channel for the second head . (no air gap on back head required)
The Bentley PRO comes with a flow control to adjust the water flow to match equipment. can you plug off a glide to make it work with the ETM?
Hundreds of carpet cleaners will actually demo the equipment @ ICE in 10 days. how? is there a running truckmount with padded carpet to test it on?
Will their opinions be welcome on this "open board" ?? why not, we allowed Bonzer reviews?

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
The Pro is an interesting tool. I like that the vac slots are close together. It would make me more confident about cleaning in both directions and not overwetting. (Of course I have no experience with a Zipper or Bonzer) :)

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
This "low bidder" company is the one taking money away from carpet cleaners:

ZipperCintas.jpg

Ron K

The Pro is an interesting tool. I like that the vac slots are close together. It would make me more confident about cleaning in both directions and not overwetting. (Of course I have no experience with a Zipper or Bonzer) :)
With a powermatic you should be able to use a watering can and still get good drying times

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
This "low bidder" company is the one taking money away from carpet cleaners:

View attachment 69051

That's weird, they make me a lot of money when we are compared side by side. Most Cintos operators are just 12 dollar an hour employees and my least experience guys can out clean them any day of the week.

The accounts I have lost to Cintos that have come back always get a bump up in price.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I know some good cleaners who have lost work to Cintas at a few cents per sq. ft.

The customers tell them the cleaning is poor,

but it does not get rebid.

smart n kleen

One row he's thinking bonzer
Are you talking bonzer? The bonzer has 2 rows sorta. 5 in one row and 1 on each corner behind the row of 5. 7 jets is too many in my opinion. I've done lots of jet testing and learned a lot about flow.

Reactions: SamIam

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My idea that I wanted dang to make for me was the two close slots with a row of spray tips in the middle.
And I even posted here what I wanted. I can't wait to see video of that mytee

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Lee Stockwell
Some may miss the point of the feeling here. We are not against competition, even though it pushes us out of our comfort zone. Nothing motivates me to do better than to see competitors' trucks driving from 70 miles away to work in "my" market. That's free enterprise at work.

However there are some underhanded things some competitors do to get work without earning it. My "good" competitors don't do that.

The comparison to tools in this thread is similar. Our industry has a long history of one idea inspiring another, progressively getting better, thus inspiring the competition to do the same. No problem with that. There were kids in school who were competitive, and made me be better too. But I didn't let them copy my homework. They could study just like me, I'd even occasionally help them study.

They had to start with a clean sheet of paper and do their own work, even though the finished product would work similar to mine.

smart n kleen

It's going to be a mytee long time before they come up with anything as good as the Zipper.
The zipper is awesome but I think it has too many jets. I would have max 4-5 jets with more flow jets. 1's are too small not enough flow per jet

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Two vicious knock off announcements in the last 24 hours, has me feeling very depressed about this family of ours.

It's the equivalent of finding out our Uncle Stanley has been molesting some of the grand kids.

Both culprits lurk on this forum and I want you both to know I find you utterly despicable lowlifes, hiding under your phony Robin hoods.

Claiming to be all about helping cleaners save money, while you stack it in your closets next to the tied up grand kids.

Um your a knock off of ICS and Cleanfax and a big part of what killed them off. Careful throwing stones brother.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's reaching for sure. :errf:

Killed ICS sure but knock off???

You couldnt have even posted accusations on ICS without it being deleted. You couldn't complain or say anything negative about any advertisers. I'm not talking taking shots, legitimate issues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom