Any issues with the new forum?

hogjowl

Idiot™
You know, this change-over is going really well. Much better than it would have if Mark and Andrechelle were doing it. Imagine if they were doing it:

We'd have to log in every other time we post.

All the quick links would take us to a search the forum page.

The board would go down unexplainably for hours.

When we had to re-sign in, the place to do it would be hard to find.

And after it was finally all done, we'd probably just come to understand that the only real difference would be the colors would be all beautiful and such.

Man, I am sure glad Fred is doing this one!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Grow men don't need to be thanked. Next thing you know there will be friendship requests, dogs living with cats and pigs flying. (enter shocked icon)
LOL

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I know its been mentioned but I don't think the Remember me check button works. I have to sign in every time I click on my bookmarked mikeysboard.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Oh and Bawb Zombie locked me out of the Rubber Room.

I can see in but the door is locked. Oh sh*t the lights are off in there but I think bawb is neeked. Hell, never mind!

The Rubber Room kept this board alive........witout it you'd be jus lik.....................KESSLAR!

FredC

Village Idiot
You know, this change-over is going really well. Much better than it would have if Mark and Andrechelle were doing it. Imagine if they were doing it:

We'd have to log in every other time we post.

All the quick links would take us to a search the forum page.

The board would go down unexplainably for hours.

When we had to re-sign in, the place to do it would be hard to find.

And after it was finally all done, we'd probably just come to understand that the only real difference would be the colors would be all beautiful and such.

Man, I am sure glad Fred is doing this one!!!

I gave you a vacation until I can sort some of that out so you don't have to deal with it. You're welcome.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I gave you a vacation until I can sort some of that out so you don't have to deal with it. You're welcome.

I worked on my profile.... Now it's all gone

Why are there no smileys for the posts? Harper's gonna be pissed!

"I was ..."KETTLE ONE"...livid at 3:am..!"

I am very lucky...this fReeKin jacked-up change.."would'nt let me LOG-IN"....!!!!!!

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just got through the new login process and I'm just testing if I can post and if my info is where it used to be. So here I go....

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
This new set up is a joke, it takes two days to get a new password. And then it is only good for a couple hours. This is the first time I could get on.

Mikey P

Administrator
This new set up is a joke, it takes two days to get a new password. And then it is only good for a couple hours. This is the first time I could get on.

Wow Lyman, if I didn't know any better I'd think you're kind of a dick for that comment, but hey thanks for understanding that Fred is working very hard here to bring you a much better forum

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I was just letting you know what isn't working for us folks. Thanks, nobody has called me a dick yet today.

FredC

Village Idiot
OK let me do this one more time.

The old forum was PHPBB. The new forum is Vbulletin.

To convert one to the other there is a conversion script. This conversion script can't pull passwords from PHPbb

We sent out an email letting folks know that once we switched they would need to reset passwords.

Twice there were errors importing the data from the old forum so the import had to be redone. Each time the import is done the passwords are reset. Unfortunately the import errors on the last import did not manifest until the forum was live for a day.

As far as the emails they are put into a queued and go out in batches to over 5k members so there is some delay. This also causes a delay for users requesting new passwords. It is what it is.

now that all the data from the old forum is here and working correctly we won't have issues like that in the future

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Well if nothing else, I got my 1000 post. The post counter isn.t working and eastern time is off by 1 hour.

FredC

Village Idiot
sorry...I didn't have time to go in and select daylight savings time for 5k users...but if you go to your settings you can change it

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Is this forum for bitchy old women, like guys or carpet cleaners?

You are entrepreneurs. You should be able to handle a few low hurdles.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Is this forum for bitchy old women, like guys or carpet cleaners?

You are entrepreneurs. You should be able to handle a few low hurdles.

No Dave- We were asked by Mikey and Fred to provide input on what may have been missed as the setting up process take place....so no let's not look at it as bitching but as a constructive input for everyone's benefit.

I mean the thread subject is: Any issues with the new forum?

Last edited:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
So freds the new webmaster? What happened to andrechelle? Looks good guys.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've been too covered up cleaning carpets this week to catch all the drama, but I really EXPECTED Mr Murphy to screw with Fred on this transition a bit.

Any of you guys who have switched accounting systems a few times, or office database programs KNOW bugs happen.

Brush your teeth and get over it.

steve_64

i found it suprisingly easy to get in. had to use a new name but it only took a minute.

logging in is easy also. at first i didnt like the look but its growing on me.

oh, the whole coded thing was hard to read but im slightly color blind. did that about 5 or 6 times
before i got it right.

FredC

Village Idiot
Steve if you give me your old username I can manually set the password so you can log in. Then I'll merge the two accounts

steve_64

it was steve r but its not necessary. you can if you like though. makes no difference to me as long as i can log in.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
It totally ******* sux.....This is the most iNcOmPeteNT transfer of anything "I" have EVER seen...!!!!

TAKE my freaking name off your "chicken shit " moderator list...PLEASE...!

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.....!!!!

I will go to another board.!
I am NOT a BROKE DICK....and I have NO patience for INCOMPETENCE..."looser's"
"MIKE".....enjoy your "FATAL ATTRACTION"...!
Hope you like BoIlEd rAbbIt......what a FOOL...:(

ps ..Don't ******* call....wanting my advice again....MAN-UP ...and take it in the ASS...! you are a ******* IdIoT....!

FredC

Village Idiot
You were not on the moderator list.....so I took you off the posters list...will that work for you?

I'd ask if the mod thing is what you were all upset about.....but

now go sober up

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom