Any issues with the new forum?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How come when I "go advanced" I don't all the font opptions, photo options, link options etc?

Harper, put your man panties on and deal with it.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Do we have to sign up again to be a supporting member?
Because I'am seeing the adds that supporting member are not suppose to see.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm noticing that sometimes I get new tabs when I click certain things. No likey.

I do like a new tab when clicking a posted link to another website etc.

It's the little things...That's what she said.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
How come when I "go advanced" I don't all the font opptions, photo options, link options etc?
ditto.. Also, using my Android Tablet i cannot paste and the return key doesnt work so that i can create a new paragraph. worste of all, my youtube buttons are missing. please explain

Mikey P

Administrator
ditto.. Also, using my Android Tablet i cannot paste and the return key doesnt work so that i can create a new paragraph. worste of all, my youtube buttons are missing. please explain

No YouTube button needed. Just cut an paste any URL and It I'll appear like magic

Mikey P

Administrator
Cork..

from the setting tab (upper right corner go to settings. general setting and look for this...

dd0fd79a.png

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Got it!

Move the Radio Button under Micellaneous Options from Basic Editor to Enhanced Interface Full WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) Editing.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
OK let me do this one more time.

The old forum was PHPBB. The new forum is Vbulletin.

To convert one to the other there is a conversion script. This conversion script can't pull passwords from PHPbb

We sent out an email letting folks know that once we switched they would need to reset passwords.

Twice there were errors importing the data from the old forum so the import had to be redone. Each time the import is done the passwords are reset. Unfortunately the import errors on the last import did not manifest until the forum was live for a day.

As far as the emails they are put into a queued and go out in batches to over 5k members so there is some delay. This also causes a delay for users requesting new passwords. It is what it is.

now that all the data from the old forum is here and working correctly we won't have issues like that in the future

Everyone should give Fred some credit. Converting from phpBB to VBulletin is time consuming and very tedious, and a quite the pain in the ass. Being able to salvage everything he has is awesome, most would say screw it and just start over.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
It totally ******* sux.....This is the most iNcOmPeteNT transfer of anything "I" have EVER seen...!!!!

TAKE my freaking name off your "chicken shit " moderator list...PLEASE...!

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.....!!!!

I will go to another board.!
I am NOT a BROKE DICK....and I have NO patience for INCOMPETENCE..."looser's"
"MIKE".....enjoy your "FATAL ATTRACTION"...!
Hope you like BoIlEd rAbbIt......what a FOOL...:(

ps ..Don't ******* call....wanting my advice again....MAN-UP ...and take it in the ASS...! you are a ******* IdIoT....!

That's what i like about Joe!He's not afraid to speak his mind.

Joe, don't go away mad! Instead, try and get yourself banned. It's way more fun that way. :cool:

My record still stands at 3. Good luck!

lol

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I've been too covered up cleaning carpets this week to catch all the drama, but I really EXPECTED Mr Murphy to screw with Fred on this transition a bit.

Any of you guys who have switched accounting systems a few times, or office database programs KNOW bugs happen.

Brush your teeth and get over it.

Yea, in the process of that right now.....

fooking QB, better be worth it....still seems that there are to many steps to get where i want to go....

FredC

Village Idiot
OK Marty,

We'd have to log in every other time we post.

I have increased the session time to hopefully help YOU out. Other than that if "remember me" is not working when checked you need to check your browser/cookie settings. Unfortunately I do not have time to configure everyone's browser.

All the quick links would take us to a search the forum page.

All the quick links ARE searches. Same on phpbb you just didn't see it unless you looked in the address bar.

The board would go down unexplainably for hours.

I've explained.

When we had to re-sign in, the place to do it would be hard to find.

Its not like it moves each time....top right.

And after it was finally all done, we'd probably just come to understand that the only real difference would be the colors would be all beautiful and such.

In a sense that is the point. To get people used to the new layout before opening other sections up.

FredC

Village Idiot
"New post"

go to forum tools and "mark forums read"

after that when you go to "new post" you should only see threads with "new post"

It will still say search on the topbar...sorry

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
OK here is what I noticed when trying to reply with quote.

Putting the cursor behind the end of the quote, When I hit enter it goes back to the beginning of that quote instead of dropping down a line. I usually like to give a little space between a quote and my comment and so I'm just used to hitting enter a couple times but it always seems to now go back to the beginning.

Maybe its not really an issue I just noticed it being that way.

FredC

Village Idiot
OK here is what I noticed when trying to reply with quote.

Putting the cursor behind the end of the quote, When I hit enter it goes back to the beginning of that quote instead of dropping down a line. I usually like to give a little space between a quote and my comment and so I'm just used to hitting enter a couple times but it always seems to now go back to the beginning.

Maybe its not really an issue I just noticed it being that way.

Zee I tried to replicate the error in a couple browsers and accounts but couldn't.

What browser are you using? (may not be a browser issue but want to check)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Sorry, I meant to say that I'm using Opera and that may be the problem?

Also I just noticed that if and when you have your cursor in a middle of a line I was under the impression that if I hit the arrow pointing down then the cursor would jump to the end of that line. Here, it would just stay in place or maybe jump backwords one space.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Zee I tried to replicate the error in a couple browsers and accounts but couldn't.

What browser are you using? (may not be a browser issue but want to check)

Sorry Fred... I described it wrong... If you put the cursor right underneath a quote AND then you hit enter to go down a line or two then the cursor jumps up into the middle of that quote instead of going down a line. Hope its clear now what the problem is.. So if yu put the cursor right after the quote ends and hit enter then it works properly.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cork..

from the setting tab (upper right corner go to settings. general setting and look for this...

dd0fd79a.png

Well why didn't you say so. :eek:

All that was set until it was reset...So I can go ahead and set it and it won't get reset again?

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom