anybody willing to share their hiring list of questions?

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
Lee Stockwell said:
For janitorial (light office) women have worked out best.

My daughter was the best, and with 4 brothers I was actually surprised how well she worked out on the truck...until she had a family. She still takes the wand from me when I do her house. (Says I don't do it right)

:lol:

my sister and i worked well together (sometimes! LOL),,,, she was great at doing the UPH on jobs, had a good eye for detail, she held her own, and was a great tech doing the jobs and dealing with the custys.

just the other day,,i had my daughter out on a job with me,, was fun to hang out and teach her about my line of work.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ya but Davis will be "hittin'" it and then you will have a grandbaby wit a dog collar........ thathurts

machinejjh

Have anyone hired monkeys? How'd they work out for you?

Let the 'monkey discrimination' retorts begin....

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
machinejjh said:
Have anyone hired monkeys? How'd they work out for you?

Let the 'monkey discrimination' retorts begin....

As previously discussed about a year ago - your statement about monkeys can be construed as you racial slur against African Americans.
It is again- Illegal to discriminate. Even the perception of discrimination can land you in court spending your had earned $ on lawyers.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My father called all of us kids monkeys when we were growing up. I guess we were just too young to know he was calling us a racial slur. thathurts

:roll:

machinejjh

gregcole said:
As previously discussed about a year ago - your statement about monkeys can be construed as you racial slur against African Americans.
It is again- Illegal to discriminate. Even the perception of discrimination can land you in court spending your had earned $ on lawyers.

Someone missed the sarcasm train, and proved my point. Thanks.

Mikey P

Administrator
Thread has been edited to cover my ass if and when Fred Boyle reports me to the fair hiring practices commission hey Marty, blow me

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
machinejjh said:
gregcole said:

Someone missed the sarcasm train, and proved my point. Thanks.

Sadly, it doesn't matter - a joke, sarcastic comment etc can be used to paint the image of racial bias and /or prejudice.
if you want to be big- think big!

machinejjh

gregcole said:
Sadly, it doesn't matter - a joke, sarcastic comment etc can be used to paint the image of racial bias and /or prejudice.
if you want to be big- think big!

The point you proved was that people are too quick to jump to an extreme.

It was more racist to assume it was racist than the original statement (one about actual monkeys. They work cheaper and are easier to train than workers with years of "experience")

Last post on the subject.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey P said:
Thread has been edited to cover my ass if and when Fred Boyle reports me to the fair hiring practices commission hey Marty, blow me
Wow. I don't think I've ever been edited out before. All that erudite early morning thinking gone to waste.

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Even worse, every time I post the http://www.SFS.JonDon.com address on the web Papa Nick sends me five bucks. Oh wait, I guess I just made it back now with this PS.

Mikey P

Administrator
my math test..

GranadaFloorPlan.jpg

If you combined the living room and bed rooms 3 and 4 square footage what would the total be?

If we charged them .50 a foot to clean the carpet in those rooms what would the total price be?

And if we gave a 15% discount off that price?

What if the home owner wanted to add tile cleaning at a dollar a square foot in the kitchen, dining room and laundry room with the same discount?

What is the total square footage of the house including the patios and shed? Guestimate on the unmeasured areas.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
So why don't you run a contest and see how many board members could remotely come up with correct answers?

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Seriously, what is the "ghost position" you are hiring for? (This is what you HOPE they will grow in to and even though you don't make any up-front commitment you do need to look at their potential.)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
:shock:

"Can't we just run a $99.00 whole house special it would sure save time calculating? And after all labor is your most expensive line item."

:lol:

Make them calculate the sq/ft cost of cleaning a round rug.....with fringe. :twisted:

Mikey P

Administrator
PS Seriously, what is the "ghost position" you are hiring for? (This is what you HOPE they will grow in to and even though you don't make any up-front commitment you do need to look at their potential.)

A person that can work by themselves, unsupervised or checked on. Can recognizes all stone, fabrics and rug types and confidently know how to clean or walk away from.

Can work on a 30% commission with out abusing the privilege

and not call me to tell me were almost out of prespray when I'm out on my bikes.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Mikey P said:
... and not call me to tell me were almost out of prespray when I'm out on my bikes.
Ummm, I think that is YOUR job, Mikey- to set up an inventory/ordering system so this doesn't happen. Remember not to abdicate your organizational role as an entrepreneur in your growth process. IF you can find an employee who has the vision/ initiative/ skill set to "do it all" they very likely will become your competition sooner or later.

My new favorite SFS saying is: "The fish rots from the head down!" :)

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS What we are all looking for is the "sweet spot". An honest employee that loves people, likes hard work and is absolutely reliable BUT doesn't have "Entrepreneurial visions of grandeur". (It is a bonus if they don't have "fork marks" all over their face.)

These "needle in a haystack" people are out there ... somewhere! The challenge is most of them are still WORKING at the same job they have had (and enjoyed) for the last 20 years! (I think most of them are at Hagopians!)

Mikey P

Administrator
Wyatt Earp said:
Can recognizes all stone, fabrics and rug types and confidently know how to clean or walk away from.
He might need to send you a picture for approval until he gets a little experience behind him.

I figure if I hire only Danny types they should know thier fine fabrics..

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Mikey P said:
my math test..

GranadaFloorPlan.jpg

If you combined the living room and bed rooms 3 and 4 square footage what would the total be?

If we charged them .50 a foot to clean the carpet in those rooms what would the total price be?

And if we gave a 15% discount off that price?

What if the home owner wanted to add tile cleaning at a dollar a square foot in the kitchen, dining room and laundry room with the same discount?

What is the total square footage of the house including the patios and shed? Guestimate on the unmeasured areas.

DANG!
All I've learned from that is:
It will actually be cheaper to buy that whole house new in Detroit, than pay your cleaning bill.

Did i pass the test boss?

PCCN

dc klaatu said:
Connor said:
I had a guy come in for an interview, gave his experience and job history, I noticed that for about three years he said he worked in Texas, which just didn't sound right because he told me that he'd lived here his "whole life". I looked his name up on the state Dept of Corrections. Three years for cocaine distribution and possession and a couple of other things. !dork!

convict-racist!

OK, did the guy "really" lie to you? Maybe he did a great job working in the kitchen at the Texas prison! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom