BOB'S LAST BUILD

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
bob vawter said:
'zactly!
any car or van drivetrain has a downward slant....aimed at the differential.....
the Genies all have this angle built in

Bob, Are Ford and Chevy's built with the same downward angle? If not do you need to account for the difference?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Shane T said:
[quote="bob vawter":b9gjo12o]'zactly!
any car or van drivetrain has a downward slant....aimed at the differential.....
the Genies all have this angle built in

Bob, Are Ford and Chevy's built with the same downward angle? If not do you need to account for the difference?[/quote:b9gjo12o]
same angle....
this things are remarkably simple.......

Name
Tom McLaughlin
I will say this about Bob's machines, every last one that he has built and sold is still making money for their owners.

Yes you can install his Genie's into vans newer than 2002, just need a white magic front end kit to do that.

By the way, Geni-Care has been sold, I talked to the new owners, won't be changing any formulas, Mark Carrol chats with them on a weekly basis i was told.

Ok Bob, what kind of vacuum blower will that 1914 Gilson turn?

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I put my blower flat on the floor of our direct drive 1.5 years now and still have the same 2 "GREEN" B belts that BaWb told me to use. I dont see the need for the angle :|

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
belt drive IS very forgiving.........!

iv'e never ever had to replace a "B" Gates Greenbelt.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My pump bracket..
all buzzed together...
i'm painting it while yor reading these.......
SGPBRA.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
AshleyMckendree said:
Where would one go to get a muffler ceramic coated? and what model# is that muffler?

not all powder coaters can DO ceramic coating....the temp is WAY different!
but they can tell ya WHERE to get it done!
I guess i SHOULD remember that Flowmaster #......but i can't...

it's the smallest 3" offset in- offset out they make.....i cut the out off and tiged it shut and then holesawed a 3' hole in the side to go out under the truck........
they MAKE nice shiny Stainless ones for about 99 bucks

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
AshleyMckendree said:
Where would one go to get a muffler ceramic coated? and what model# is that muffler?
that is Flowmaster # 43043..
see how i tigged the exhaust end shut and opened up a hole facing the back...
SGMUFFLER2.jpg

SGMUFF1.jpg

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Never say something is your last, 'cause you never know what opportunities may come your way. goes for truckmounts and wives.... !gotcha!

Why the 90 degree bends right off the blower? Why not use swooping radius bends and a slightly larger footprint and enjoy the increase in efficiency? as a man who has worked with headers and performance intakes, you should know the turbulence caused in a 90 degree sharp bend like that and the resulting loss of efficiency and performance.

Take care,
Lisa

gtech12v

I am very impress with your machines Bob can you make video of this last unit been built
And may be a video of the unit running when you are done Thank you .

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
truckmount girl said:
Never say something is your last, 'cause you never know what opportunities may come your way. goes for truckmounts and wives.... !gotcha!

Why the 90 degree bends right off the blower? Why not use swooping radius bends and a slightly larger footprint and enjoy the increase in efficiency? as a man who has worked with headers and performance intakes, you should know the turbulence caused in a 90 degree sharp bend like that and the resulting loss of efficiency and performance.

Take care,
Lisa
a 90 bend is of no consequence..i know you THINK so....
but it ain't...all waste tanks have a 90 inside the tank......
'cides i'll take advantage of the tens of thousands of dollars put into R&D by Steam Genie.....
a different "footprint" would be impractical for the other components to fit together...funny that should come up as i jus went down and picked up my new Stainless tube......

SGTUBE.jpg

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
How can you, of all people, say it makes no difference?! You KNOW it does and not all waste tanks have 90's in the tank either...mine didn't.

Would you expect an engine to perform as well with intake and exhaust having hard 90's? Why do you think you have more suction if you straighten out the loops in your vac hose?

Take care,
Lisa

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
truckmount girl said:
How can you, of all people, say it makes no difference?! You KNOW it does and not all waste tanks have 90's in the tank either...mine didn't.

Would you expect an engine to perform as well with intake and exhaust having hard 90's? Why do you think you have more suction if you straighten out the loops in your vac hose?

Take care,
Lisa

Lisa...you should SEE some of the wild ass headers my mechanic makes for the various kinds of race cars they build....sometimes they build a tube header wit a 180 degree
bend in it jus to get around the steering shaft..........
you do wtf ya GOTTA do......
and don get me going about some of the wild ass turbo plumbing they make....

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
So you admit it does make a difference, you just are skeered to work outside the SG parameters.

I'll pick the fence.

Take care,
Lisa

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
bob vawter said:
[quote="truckmount girl":1rn8u3c0]How can you, of all people, say it makes no difference?! You KNOW it does and not all waste tanks have 90's in the tank either...mine didn't.

Take care,
Lisa

Lisa...you should SEE some of the wild ass headers my mechanic makes for the various kinds of race cars they build....sometimes they build a tube header wit a 180 degree
bend in it jus to get around the steering shaft..........
you do wtf ya GOTTA do......
and don get me going about some of the wild ass turbo plumbing they make....[/quote:1rn8u3c0]

negligible difference.......!

T

The Magician

When Jerry Holman the owner retired the new the new owners ran it down. SG was know for good chemicals too.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i BELIEVE that Genie Care was jus sold as well.............that Super DeLux was the cats azz!

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
bob vawter said:
i BELIEVE that Genie Care was jus sold as well.............that Super DeLux was the cats azz!

Yup. New location is in Ventura, CA. Got a post card from them.

Called when I was in a pinch for something, (don't remember what), but she didn't have it. Said whe was the new owner's sister and come by and check out the store. They have chems and machines. Bengunna but been way behind on my chores.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom