Brush Pro, Strong or another CRB

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Looking for a good CRB machine. Anyone use any of these or have any other suggestions?

Currently I am leaning toward the Strong machine.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I have the BrushPro 17. I have been using it on every job for about a year. I would highly recommend it. I use it for scrubbing before HWE, to Encap with and without the dry compound, and for tile and grout.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
what are you planning on using it for exactly??

resi pre-scrub?

stand-alone cgd encap?

depends on what you desire.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Residential encap as primary then as pre scrub and grout scrub and commercial but yea......residential is #1

what are you planning on using it for exactly??

resi pre-scrub?

stand-alone cgd encap?

depends on what you desire.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Looking for a good CRB machine. Anyone use any of these or have any other suggestions?

Currently I am leaning toward the Strong machine.
You might wanna check with Big Billy Yeadon. He would sleep with the Strong CRB if Colleen would let him.

Steve

PS Dan, right now Jon-Don has the Strong machine on sale for over 400.00 off plus it qualifies for free shipping. So why not order one, use it for 29 days and then if it isn't cutting it send it back? Under Jon-Don's 30 day no-questions-asked guarantee they will even pay your shipping costs both way.

FredC

Village Idiot
Really? Does his Brush Pro just sit in the closet now while he is out cleaning carpet with the SD?

I agree with Jon Don having a great return policy ...but I'd still buy a Brush Pro......

Last edited:
Reactions: regarossa

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Did I just read you're going to residential encap w/ a crb!????

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
lots of people/franchise are Bill.

and yes, there is something wrong with that..

No no, he meant straight encapping w/ a crb w/ an encap. (that's what he wrote it seems)

Not an op w/ pads or the compound that the franchises uses.

Straight encapping w/ a crb w/ encap is just a big mistake and the results will be very poor.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
You read correctly. Not a typical job or situation. This also won't be the only method if use either. I am going to rent a brush pro this week and try it before I buy but I'm 99.9% sure It's going to work. I will let you know.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Strong Dry machines are manufactured in Hangzhou, Zhejiang China

If that matters to ya...

And that means what?

As we know, Apple relies on manufacturers in China, such as Foxconn and Pegatron, to assemble its iPhones. That’s not just for cost savings: Apple needs the speed that Chinese manufacturing affords to be able to make quick changes to its production lines in order to ramp up the next-generation iPhone, and it needs their reliability and volume to deliver 31.2 million iPhones per quarter.
Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/31/iphone-manufacturing-graphic/#sxGUaAHMZiEY0z8Y.99

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
I've been using a 17" brush pro,, nice to use on those nasties that have a bunch of crap in them,from remodels,, drywall dust,nails,screws and such, don't have to worry about those items when I vacuum afterwards, then to work the pre-spray in before HWE, very satisfied with the brush pro!

Reactions: J Scott W

FredC

Village Idiot
And that means what?

As we know, Apple relies on manufacturers in China, such as Foxconn and Pegatron, to assemble its iPhones. That’s not just for cost savings: Apple needs the speed that Chinese manufacturing affords to be able to make quick changes to its production lines in order to ramp up the next-generation iPhone, and it needs their reliability and volume to deliver 31.2 million iPhones per quarter.
Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/31/iphone-manufacturing-graphic/#sxGUaAHMZiEY0z8Y.99

And that means what?

Mikey P

Administrator
It means that dude from strong dry should not go around claiming that his machine is built in the US when it's not.

Not that there is any thing wrong with that..

Last edited:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Very informative. I'm renting a brush pro Monday to try out and make sure it meets my needs and does a good job.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well Billy, lets say Steve was a Circus owner back in his heyday and nowadays he was traveling the globe teaching young and upcoming ringleaders on the finer arts of running a big top..

Would you as a new and gullible Carny want to know if you were getting taken with this?

Reactions: regarossa

FredC

Village Idiot
That means I don't know here it is made and I don't give a crap about where it is made. I would like for everyone that does not own something made in China to step to the front of the line.

Equipment should stand on its own merits not where the hell it is made.

quoted for posterity........

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well Billy, lets say Steve was a Circus owner back in his heyday and nowadays he was traveling the globe teaching young and upcoming ringleaders on the finer arts of running a big top..

Would you as a new and gullible Carny want to know if you were getting taken with this?

I understand they fluffed up his fur with a CRB from China to get that look.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
There is not a single major item in your home that doesn't have parts that where manufactured in another country. Even the american car you drive and love has many parts that were manufactured in China. Sure they assemble it in america, but where did that radio come from? how about the knobs to adjust the seats?

I would actually love to hear about that american made truckmount and where every single component is made from. I am willing to bet money that lots of pieces including fasteners were manufactured in china

So no one can criticize the machine for performance, looks or anything else so the big argument is where the parts are manufactured. Darn petty argument if you ask me.

regarossa

Name
Reg Rogers
Just pointing it out... Strong Dry claims they manufacture it here in the US - but then they also tell people it comes from the same place as all the others when in fact it does not.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Just pointing it out... Strong Dry claims they manufacture it here in the US - but then they also tell people it comes from the same place as all the others when in fact it does not.

Reg,
You and I are friends. Wouldn't it be better to talk about the things that make your machine better than to worry about where the Strong is made?

Mikey P

Administrator
There is not a single major item in your home that doesn't have parts that where manufactured in another country. Even the american car you drive and love has many parts that were manufactured in China. Sure they assemble it in america, but where did that radio come from? how about the knobs to adjust the seats?

I would actually love to hear about that american made truckmount and where every single component is made from. I am willing to bet money that lots of pieces including fasteners were manufactured in china

So no one can criticize the machine for performance, looks or anything else so the big argument is where the parts are manufactured. Darn petty argument if you ask me.

and I agree with Yeadon too, I don't care about it's origin... giant dogs and 9 year old laborers have to eat too in this global economy our ours

What I do care about is honesty, integrity and quality of construction.
Now maybe the Strong unit I saw in person on Larry Cobb's showroom floor was an older unit but when comparing the two machines side by side it was very clear which manufacture was not taking short cuts. I'm going to hope and trust that Dave Howard set some standards for Strong to meet so they don't embarrass Jon Don (and Billy) down the road.

regarossa

Name
Reg Rogers
Reg,
You and I are friends. Wouldn't it be better to talk about the things that make your machine better than to worry about where the Strong is made?

Absolutely we are Bill, nothing but respect for you... What makes our machines better is that they are simply...better? Come on Bill! I know you gotta tow the company line but for the love of John Bonham!!! Anyways, see you in Vegas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom