Brush Pro, Strong or another CRB

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Absolutely we are Bill, nothing but respect for you... What makes our machines better is that they are simply...better? Come on Bill! I know you gotta tow the company line but for the love of John Bonham!!! Anyways, see you in Vegas!
Well hopefully both machines last a little longer than John.

Reactions: Shorty and Mikey P

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I think Reg has a valid point here. As a former distributor of Brush & Clean, I was led to believe that Marcus was bringing us the same machine from Austria when he switched over to the Strong Dry label. When I discovered that Marcus had been misrepresenting the machine to us, I jumped ship and began selling the genuine Austrian built machines http://www.BrushEncap.com. Why should I offer my customers less?

But more importantly, for me it all comes down to ethical business practices. I have a very hard time dealing with ANYONE who employs shady practices. Marcus told us here on this forum that his machines are assembled in Florida (however now Reg has tracked down that the machines are manufactured in China). I have also seen Marcus pose as fictitous people and post comments about his machines on various message boards. Perhaps Marcus can sell his machines by misleading folks about his machine's origin. And maybe he can generate interest by pretending to be someone that he's not. But these kind of things don't sit well with me.

JonDon has a well regarded reputation. I truly hope for JonDon's sake, and more importantly for their customer's sake that Marcus can deliver the goods over the long haul. Time will tell. For me and my customers, I will stick with the original Austrian made machine - the one with a proven track record that spans a couple of decades, rather than dealing with a direct knock-off that's manufactured in China.

P.S. Here's the post where Marcus tells us that the machines are assembled in Florida...
strong-dry_origin.png

Reactions: CCA and regarossa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Little toys for little boys.

Easy take it easy I was jussst kiddin!

They have their place...............on top of the portable in the dumpster!
:winky:

Actually they do great at preconditioning!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Really, what is the big deal with a pre-scrubbing machine anyway? Tool of the month... that everybody HAS to have.

Name
Torrey Whitaker
The crb is the most versatile tool a company can have IMO.
Second in impirtance to me only to a tm.

These things literally have their fingers in every aspect of cleaning.
Agitating carpet, removing untold amounts of hair and debris that even a vac fails to get.
Tile and grout cleaning. Holy cow. You can mop off the floor and look like you used a spinner after you scrub a good tile cleaner in.
Encapsulation cleaning. Although a cimex is production king, a crb does a excellent job and yet is so easy to manuever and transport.

I have one on the tm and our trailer unit. I'll never work without one again.

And no Shane it's not the tool of the month, more like the decade or more. These aren't new.

As far as brand. I own both Brush pro and Strong. You can't go wrong either way.
My understanding is the Whitaker and Ricks BrushEncap versions are also the highest of quality.

The only brand I don't recomend is Pro Caps.

Mikey P

Administrator
The crb is the most versatile tool a company can have IMO

I would argue the good ol' 175 swing machine deserves that accolade.

Strip vct and tile
Scrub vct, tile, wood, concrete etc
Pre scrub carpet for HWE with shampoo brush for piles or a fiber pad for flat weaves
Pre scrub tile/stone for Turbo style cleaning
Shampoo/encap carpet with cotton pads or loop style bonnets
Post pad/bonnet after HWE or Cimexing for additional soil removal and speed drying

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Agitating carpet, removing untold amounts of hair and debris that even a vac fails to get.
Tile and grout cleaning. Holy cow. You can mop off the floor and look like you used a spinner after you scrub a good tile cleaner in.
Encapsulation cleaning. Although a cimex is production king, a crb does a excellent job and yet is so easy to manuever and transport.
I would agree, with your "IMO".

However if you don't deal with a lot of pet hair and you already have a spinner and you own a Cimex then a CRB makes an excellent preconditioner. :p

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

I have one on the tm and our trailer unit. I'll never work without one again.

And no Shane it's not the tool of the month, more like the decade or more. These aren't new.

As far as brand. I own both Brush pro and Strong. You can't go wrong either way.
My understanding is the Whitaker and Ricks BrushEncap versions are also the highest of quality.

The only brand I don't recomend is Pro Caps.

I agree with the IMO part ....

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
and how does an owner operator use so much equipment anyway....

Oh forget it, I know its free!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A good traffic lane cleaner, your choice of powerhead and a hot TM and she will collect dust in your truck.

I'd much rather be spinning steam than adding an unnecessary step to cleaning. But hey if you already own the machine and have the time to waste, be my guest, knock yourself out. :icon_rolleyes:

Ron K

A good traffic lane cleaner, your choice of powerhead and a hot TM and she will collect dust in your truck.

I'd much rather be spinning steam than adding an unnecessary step to cleaning. But hey if you already own the machine and have the time to waste, be my guest, knock yourself out. :icon_rolleyes:

Ok so if results are equal....... what gives you better production???

Name
Torrey Whitaker
I would argue the good ol' 175 swing machine deserves that accolade.

Strip vct and tile
Scrub vct, tile, wood, concrete etc
Pre scrub carpet for HWE with shampoo brush for piles or a fiber pad for flat weaves
Pre scrub tile/stone for Turbo style cleaning
Shampoo/encap carpet with cotton pads or loop style bonnets
Post pad/bonnet after HWE or Cimexing for additional soil removal and speed drying

Yea your probably right on that one.
I've just never been one to use the 175 often and I despise VCT.

But overall and for price, yea I could see that for sure.

Reactions: AshleyMckendree
Name
Torrey Whitaker
and how does an owner operator use so much equipment anyway....

Oh forget it, I know its free!

Your funny man.
I've demoed units before, but I have has to pay for every one if I wanted to keep it.
Even got receipts if it comes to that...
But you don't go that route here on MB.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok so if results are equal....... what gives you better production???
Aww Ron I had no idea you were slooow. Tell you what I'm gonna do for ya, I'll draw you a picture and send it over to you snail mail.:p

Powerhead, you skip a step with no need for CRB.

The powerhead will give you more cleaning passes than "zip, zip" I've cleaned it.

I'm in full agreement the CRB can dig our more crap out of a carpet than mush anything else, and if that's the market you clean in then you should have one. We don't clean trashed carpet, apartments or much anything like that. A lot of the carpet we clean looks good until we begin cleaning. Then you can see a difference in appearance and texture.

At least that's my opinion. :confused:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
What I do care about is honesty, integrity and quality of construction.
Now maybe the Strong unit I saw in person on Larry Cobb's showroom floor was an older unit but when comparing the two machines side by side it was very clear which manufacture was not taking short cuts. I'm going to hope and trust that Dave Howard set some standards for Strong to meet so they don't embarrass "Jon Don" (and Billy) down the road.

I agree with Mikey on the quality of these two Cyl. Brush Machines (we distribute both of them).

I can compare the pros and cons of both:

http://www1.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&
keyword=Cylindrical+Brush+Floor+Machin

Larry

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Billy I can understand how you sell for Jon Don but don't think we're idiots here as far as what the chinese make.

THey make JUNK...........low quality junk.

They probably make the machine out of plastic bottles and the electric motor of the day they find at the dump.

And YES it does matter where they are made...................as far as sticking out my hard earned money to buy something.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Billy I can understand how you sell for Jon Don but don't think we're idiots here as far as what the chinese make.

THey make JUNK...........low quality junk.

They probably make the machine out of plastic bottles and the electric motor of the day they find at the dump.

And YES it does matter where they are made...................as far as sticking out my hard earned money to buy something.

Jimmy stick to shampoo posts.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Chinese models can have some very nice "junk".:winky: :very_drunk: :yoda:

My CRB was made in India. :frown: :bullshit:

Most of our autos are made in Japan, Mercedes are made in Brazil, many others from Korea.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/179955/ford-focus-specifications-of-thai-built-update-revealed/

Specifications for the Ford Focus MkII range, which sees the production source switch from Germany to Thailand, have been released on the Australian car maker’s website ahead of the small car’s local showroom launch on August 1.

Most of our communication equipment from Asia, be it Taiwan, Philippines, China, Korea, etc;

A hell of a lot of furniture is also made in Asia, especially Indonesia & IT IS ALL CRAP, many leathers are bad junk, especially their split leathers such as Bi-cast. :evil: :evil: :evil:

The deciding factor is the quality control each manufacturer puts on what it is they export.

How many of you guys were not "Made in the USA" or have spouses/family also in that category??

:very_drunk:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The deciding factor is the quality control each manufacturer puts on what it is they export.

along with what the custy specs on "whatever" product they're having made .
If the custy wants the cheapest gizmo , they make it as cheap as the custy specs .
if they want top quality, China is capable of that too

case in point, you can buy a 12vt Dewalt or Bosch compact drill
Compared to a Rigid (Home Depot's brand) the DeWalt and Bosch are "real" contractor grade tools that will take a beating
The Rigid is a tin-willy POS

all three made in China , but two are higher quality because that's what the custy spec'd

having said all that, I don't know anything about the CRB machine made in China .
Don't know whether the custy spec'd quality components or cheap crap.... and i won't speculate.
But i do know China, just like any country with modern manufacturing capacity can build as cheap or as good as the custy is willing to pay for

we now return you to your daily drama :afro:
which most all ofus love in reality:redface: :rockon:

carry on:p

..L.T.A.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'll agree with the above, it's common sense which, on some forums is not so common anymore. :rockon::stir:

I also know SFA about the Chinese CRB.

:very_drunk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom