Can you, will you, have you sperated business from religion?

Name
I'm Rick James
Re: Can you, will you, have you sperated business from relig

Bundy said:
I have to say. My kids vare baptised and one has made communion and for 1 purpose, I think religions ,though the biggest lie ever told, provides a moral fiber I strongly agree with. I am an atheist because I am not dumb enough not to be but believe in what is preached morally

Is it moral to teach your kids a "lie"? Morality does not come from religion and why would anyone want to fill their kids head with lies as you said above? They should have the chance to live in truth.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

has any of YOUSE seen "The Invention of Lying"

I let my children form their own opinions. If they want to believe they can, I do not push my beliefs on anyone. I do give them subtle guidance in not being stupid

There a many intelligent people who are fools. I will give the disenting opinion but ultimately without a true course of how we became it is up to the person to decide what they believe

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Bundy said:
I have to say. My kids vare baptised and one has made communion and for 1 purpose, I think religions ,though the biggest lie ever told, provides a moral fiber I strongly agree with. I am an atheist because I am not dumb enough not to be but believe in what is preached morally

I can think of a lot of different ways to provide a moral fiber to children that may be a little less confusing. It is tough enough to try to figure out the world while young without a belief system that might total contradict the logic and reasoning skills that have been developed until that point.
How will you feel if one of your kids actually seriously buy's "the biggest lie ever told" that you helped sell them, only because you thought it was morally positive.
That's a dangerous game.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

how would it hurt them? If they believe in a fictitious overlord I see that as a quality of seeing the good in life

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
has any of YOUSE seen "The Invention of Lying"

I let my children form their own opinions. If they want to believe they can, I do not push my beliefs on anyone. I do give them subtle guidance in not being stupid

There a many intelligent people who are fools. I will give the disenting opinion but ultimately without a true course of how we became it is up to the person to decide what they believe

Greg they are NOT forming their own opinions, they are being told what to think.... As a parent you are the one that should be filling their head with knowledge & truth, not some guy who thinks he speaks for a god.

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
how would it hurt them? If they believe in a fictitious overlord I see that as a quality of seeing the good in life

You dont think living a "lie" as you said is going to hurt them? If you want to raise your children through a lie then thats on you.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

were you brought up in a deeply religious family?

Name
I'm Rick James

No I was not indocturnated as a child what someone else thinks is reality. I was allowed to see the world in truth without the dogma that faces so many.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

I am a religious thoroughbred and I am smart enough to see the truth and if my faith in my children offends you sorry but I thjink each of them will choose science over religion I have no problem giving them the option. I am not leading them down a path that they have no choice but they have the oppurtunity to choose. Who has proven there isn't a higher power, didn't we just realize an energy force overlooking th galaxy that is unexplained

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
I am a religious thoroughbred and I am smart enough to see the truth and if my faith in my children offends you sorry but I thjink each of them will choose science over religion I have no problem giving them the option. I am not leading them down a path that they have no choice but they have the oppurtunity to choose. Who has proven there isn't a higher power, didn't we just realize an energy force overlooking th galaxy that is unexplained

It doesnt offend me we are just having a conversation about what you wrote. I find it interesting that youre an athiest yet you send your children off to church to be indocturnated about something that still hovers in the land of mythology. Its kinda hard to choose something else when the fear of god, hell and all the fuzzy stuff is so emedded into ones mind.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

do you think I am afraid of fire and brimstone? why would you think my children are? I lead them down a path of personal choices that will not harm their lives and if in the end they realize they were lied to, oh well. What is my responsibility> Sit them down and say santa and the tooth fairy don't exist wait there is no easterbuby, leprechauns don't fill your shoes with chocolate coins. Seriously how many times a year do I lie to my kids is infinite but it enhances their childhood, please tell me how to provide that childhood without lying

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
do you think I am afraid of fire and brimstone? why would you think my children are? I lead them down a path of personal choices that will not harm their lives and if in the end they realize they were lied to, oh well. What is my responsibility> Sit them down and say santa and the tooth fairy don't exist wait there is no easterbuby, leprechauns don't fill your shoes with chocolate coins. Seriously how many times a year do I lie to my kids is infinite but it enhances their childhood, please tell me how to provide that childhood without lying

I dont know if you are afraid, with the alpha male complex some have its hard to determine what someone is afraid of.

I just dont understand how its a personal choice when you make them go to church and believe what they are told there is true. Santa, easter bunny and so on is nothing like religious indocurnation, not even on the same level.

Thats just how you roll with your children who am I to tell you what to think. I was just fascinated by your comments.

Do you educate them in the many other religions?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

pretty standard christians/catholics but I also give my own editorial.

I have a march harder view of PETA?Atheist?better than types. I think people push the science and the views they hold much harder than the church. My kids have the oppurtunity to make a choice and they aren't being as you say Indoctrinated" They are being exposed to a belief and that belief will supply them with alot of moral guidance.

I know you have atleast one child and I offer you this challenge get back to me in 15 yrs and I guarantee my rugrats are far better off than yours

because everything is a competition with me

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

once you sift through the bull of the alternative lie, what you call a "lie" looks a lot more plausible.
And don't you preach tolerance? Its not a lie "to them". IF they discover along the way evidence that contradicts what they believe, then they will be able to choose...again.

Alexander Supertramp said:
The God as per your opinion. You dont find it kinda odd that man has created so many gods over the years?
Not just "my" opinion. And it makes perfect sense that so many gods have been created, just as it makes perfect sense that an alternative belief was eventually imagined.

Do you always have to dump on peoples beliefs whenever they talk about them?
The thread is about whether someone runs their busn separately from their religion. I take that to refer to those people that go to church Sunday and the rest of the week their busn is their god, above all else, morals go out the window.

Name
Lee Stockwell

I hate it when people use their religion to preach their business.

I hate it when people use their business to preach their religion.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

I met a carpet cleaner in my town of Antioch, CA who knows Mikey. He used to clean at Coit, so I asked him if he knew Mike P. The name of his business is Angel Care.

Mike, do you remember Juan Diaz?

We got to talking machines. I told him I bought mine from Mike. Started talking about similar machines and I mentioned the El Diablo. He said he was Christian and wouldn't buy a machine by that name. I told him I was a JW. He gave me his phone number and address. I am going to call on him one of these days and have a little Bible discussion.

Ron W. Is this the verse you were thinking of? Colossians 3:23

BTW The Bible agrees with true known science. In fact it was ahead of its time, so to speak. Isaiah 40:22 written over 2700 years ago said the earth was round, a circle, a sphere, depending upon translation. About 3500 years ago Job 26:7 said the earth hangs upon nothing. The universe had a beginning Genesis 1:1. The order of life appearance Genesis chapter one. 3000 years ago the water cycle at Ecclesiastes 1:7. Laws regarding sanitation also.

Barely scratching the surface as hundreds of Bible prophecies all came true down to the smallest detail, even though many were uttered hundreds & even thousands of years beforehand. Only a few left to be fulfilled, so it might be worth checking out just to be sure, eh?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

The problem with that Loren is the earth is over 2 billion years old

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

Loren Egland said:
BTW The Bible agrees with true known science. In fact it was ahead of its time, so to speak. Isaiah 40:22 written over 2700 years ago said the earth was round, a circle, a sphere, depending upon translation. About 3500 years ago Job 26:7 said the earth hangs upon nothing. The universe had a beginning Genesis 1:1. The order of life appearance Genesis chapter one. 3000 years ago the water cycle at Ecclesiastes 1:7. Laws regarding sanitation also.

Barely scratching the surface as hundreds of Bible prophecies all came true down to the smallest detail, even though many were uttered hundreds & even thousands of years beforehand. Only a few left to be fulfilled, so it might be worth checking out just to be sure, eh?

:roll:

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

The planet’s coming into existence is recounted in the Bible with the simple statement: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1) Just how long ago the starry heavens and the earth were created is not stated in the Bible. Therefore, there is no basis for Bible scholars to take issue with scientific calculations of the age of the planet. Scientists estimate the age of some rocks as being three and a half billion years, and the earth itself as being about four to four and a half billion or more years.

As to time, the Scriptures are more definite about the six creative days of the Genesis account. These days have to do, not with the creation of earth’s matter or material, but with the arranging and preparing of it for man’s habitation.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

Bawb you need to slide Loren on into the rubber room....

come on over loren....be sure to wear your waders :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

the heavens and the earth? they didn't come as a package? It is like saying the earth and skies well yeah could I get an atmosphere with my earth. I no I may piss people off but I would love to see what people believe and why they don't feel stupid believing it

Name
I'm Rick James

Bundy said:
pretty standard christians/catholics but I also give my own editorial.

What is the content of your "editorial"

I have a march harder view of PETA?Atheist?better than types. I think people push the science and the views they hold much harder than the church. My kids have the oppurtunity to make a choice and they aren't being as you say Indoctrinated" They are being exposed to a belief and that belief will supply them with alot of moral guidance.
Do you not have the moral guidence to teach them yourself?

I know you have atleast one child and I offer you this challenge get back to me in 15 yrs and I guarantee my rugrats are far better off than yours

I have 3, two girls and 1 boy. My oldest daughter and I are starting to have conversations about god, religion and so on. I take a great personal interest in what they are actually being taught.

because everything is a competition with me
It is with us all..

Name
I'm Rick James

Ron Werner said:
once you sift through the bull of the alternative lie, what you call a "lie" looks a lot more plausible.
And don't you preach tolerance? Its not a lie "to them". IF they discover along the way evidence that contradicts what they believe, then they will be able to choose...again.

Whats the alternative lie? I think its safe to say mankind still doesnt understand the way the universe works. If the indocturnation is done right then they shouldnt question anything and go with the blind faith. To the point that new information and facts are rejected because of it conflicts with the current belief system.

[quote="Alexander Supertramp":2dzsf0o7]The God as per your opinion. You dont find it kinda odd that man has created so many gods over the years?
Not just "my" opinion. And it makes perfect sense that so many gods have been created, just as it makes perfect sense that an alternative belief was eventually imagined.

I do agree that since the dawn of man we have tried to find answers and comfort by creating all these different gods and alternative ideologies, for that fact alone, one must question any man made god

Do you always have to dump on peoples beliefs whenever they talk about them?
The thread is about whether someone runs their busn separately from their religion. I take that to refer to those people that go to church Sunday and the rest of the week their busn is their god, above all else, morals go out the window.
I didnt mean to highjack the thread, religion is a highly debated subject and its hard to keep it contained.

[/quote:2dzsf0o7]

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley

do you deter her from the belief in a higher power or do accept that people will choose what they believe in. I editorialize about religion by giving straight facts and I can say my oldest 18 is a devout worshipper and tries to sway me the other direction. I am very proud of the path he has chosen and I am not so disrespectful in my wording of beliefs to him. He is just a rookie and telling him his beliefs are dunb doesn't help anything but when he needs religious guidance I temper it with my beliefs

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

It seems odd to me that you are "very proud of the path that he has chosen", and that path, in your own words, is "the greatest lie ever told".

To each their own.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

Lee Stockwell said:
I hate it when people use their religion to preach their business.

I hate it when people use their business to preach their religion.

Well, comments since this one are all off topic. I would agree with this to a point.
If I'm in church, I do tell people what I do. If they want my service, great.
If I'm at a clients and the topic comes up, we can talk. if they are near my church, I'll invite them if it seems right. But like protector, I'll offer, if they say no, I don't push it.
Just have to be who you are.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom