Coconut is killing it!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Forget the hype, focus on how he's hiring Laura Certified employeed

1577363792874.png

If they're actually doing a three step process (vac, mechanical scrub rinse/flush extract) and look good doing it....
I wish him well.
Be curious to see where he's at 5 years from now ...staffing 10 trucks and keeping "quality" people is no small challenge
with or without "magic water"

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Cleanworks

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
View attachment 95821

If they're actually doing a three step process (vac, mechanical scrub rinse/flush extract) and look good doing it....
I wish him well.
Be curious to see where he's at 5 years from now ...staffing 10 trucks and keeping "quality" people is no small challenge
with or without "magic water"

..L.T.A.

If anything like the growth of zerorez he will have multiple franchise locations in 5 years.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Our initial rug cleaning detergent was cocomut oil based. It was a very high foaming detergent and took a lot of rinsing. Left the rugs clean with a pleasant odour, and with a nice hand but always felt that it left a higher residual oil content than other synthetic detergents which was ok for the mainly wool rugs that we did then.
Is it just marketing hype or has the technology improved so back o the future mayhaps.
roro
We loved getting rugs that had previously been cleaned by the old-time coconut oil soap guys. Tons of foam. Customers were always surprised by how long those rugs stayed clean looking after we cleaned them.

At some point, the manufacturer of the soap changed the product to a modern synthetic detergent and added a coconut scent so the rug washers wouldn't know the difference. I suppose you could say their new detergent is "coconut enhanced."

Name
jack zerkie
I want to see how much pre treat they apply that could make the difference but I still like my turnup cleaning no fruit just vegetable healthier. jz

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
My biggest problem with companies like that is they get where they are by being good businessmen, having good marketing systems, good systems to standardize their cleaning, etc. Using a gimmick like coconut water, empowered water, magic water, whatever, just confuses the issue. When you have multiple companies marketing their special "juice" as what makes them different, eventually they all seem the same.

laura@legendbrands

Whipper Snapper
Name
Laura O
Forget the hype, focus on how he's hiring Laura Certified employeed

I think there are other things to focus on here. I hired them because of our relationship.

With that being said, you can argue all day about the process a company uses and why yours is more effective than theirs. But does your customer base care? Or do they want a clean house and to feel good about where they live or work? Have you ever taken the time to map customer personas? Use data you've collected on current customers to understand their true needs? Or maybe there is a specific type of customer you want to attract, you won't be able to get that business until you understand what problems they have and how you can solve them. While Coconut has successfully done this in many aspects, there are also a ton of other companies on the form and that have attended Mikey's Fests that do this too.

But if you don't understand that majority of purchasing decisions are based on the subconscious emotional cues and how products or services make you feel then I think you need to start researching that. There is no doubt that branding, imagery and messaging play a big role in how people view your brand.

Also, If I ever buy a property near Alabama, I'll call you up @hogjowl 😉

Name
Matt Middleton
Wow! Excellent insight and counsel!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
As long as you don't call him during nap time.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Listen to the woman. Listen to more women, since they're the biggest part of your customer base.

The tech stuff resonates with guys, but as goofy as it may sound, the difference between making a living and making real money is how a customer feels about working with you.

I'd advise against making bogus claims though. When people find out you're a fraud there's nothing you can do to regain their trust.

hogjowl

Idiotâ„¢
Hurry before I go home in a nursing home

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Branding which resonates with a customer, is everything for that customer

A well known franchise recently shutdown here, and I have recently done 2 jobs that were longterm customers of that franchise.
Both have left me 5 star reviews but they were long term customers of an inept operator.. why? Branding

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I wasn't impugning the quality of his work one bit Mike.

I was asking if he legitimately learned that coconut water was a miracle cleaner, or if he made a decision to look at what works for his previous employer, and decided to find a way to do it one better.

Neither one are a bad thing, but they both are somewhat different things.

Back to Laura's decision:

If the guys who work for him dress and act like the way things went in the video, and they have high performance cleaning machines, then I wouldn't be surprised that she would be happy with the job, versus the "gross truck, grosser hoses and tools, and grossest cleaner" in the home routine that is so often the only choice in town.
Dude bought 10 machines the only other option was creepy cran more or Joel riggs.

and they’re allergic to coconuts

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom