day 6 and ODIN fliped! the switches on the 180 GALLON BEAST

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Re: day 6 and ODIN flipped! the switches on the 180 GALLON BEAST

4 Questions:

1.Why vent the vacs to the front? Back would of been easier.

2.Why hypro instead of pumptec? Pumptec less amps.

3.Why not put pressure regulator on panel? It's easier.

4.Does Lee Stockwell get a cut for re-inventing his machine? It's his machine.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
gasaxe said:
ODIN said:
gasaxe said:
plug one of them #4's around that shop up to that vac tank and lets see what happens....

be sure and have the video camera runnin.lol

I tell you what I will do that if you can clean a carpet without using any diesel fuel with that VoRtEx of yours

my rig will run on veggie..........

Amen :)

Greenie

I see nobody guess the patented secret yet.....lol

I'm gonna guess 32 amp running draw, maybe 35 amp start up?

Yoakum, just curious what makes you think that chunk of metal is Lee's machine, I seem to recall the trashcan truckmount not something that looks like a 35 year old TNT based design?

And just for the record, that Hypro is a rock solid 450 psi pump, "some" portble Mfgs. have gone back to it from a pump-tec for reliability.

gasaxe

ODIN said:
This is not the same animal as another electric truck mounts.

This is not two small lamb vacs on a trash can.

Things you cant see you still have no IDEA how we power it on two cords and and true amp load!!!!!!

Does Shaw York or Bleu Line give Judson Jones COMMISION for each and every Vortex he sells since that is pretty much a copy of the astro turf cleaning machine 1967.

btw some thing called the electro gennie made in the 80s even before stockwell.

There are many things you have no idea about.

HAVE A NICE DAY Y'ALL

we are getting ready to clean this afternoon with it but it was cleaning at over 250 at the wand have to turn it down a bit.

do you have to hook up to your customers bbq grill???? :lol:

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Jim Martin said:
must of been a hard wire job .must of been hard to get threw code....

might want to down size a few breakers.......

I used to do electrical work. There isnt a code against going over the 15 amp norm. As long as the wiring supports it (12 gauge) whatever is pluged into the outlet isnt taken into account. For instance, christmas lights. They have tiny little cords, imagine running 15 amps through them!

TimP

SRI Cleaning said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3c5oxcrl]must of been a hard wire job .must of been hard to get threw code....

I used to do electrical work. There isnt a code against going over the 15 amp norm. As long as the wiring supports it (12 gauge) whatever is pluged into the outlet isnt taken into account. For instance, christmas lights. They have tiny little cords, imagine running 15 amps through them![/quote:3c5oxcrl]

I checked into it some....12 guage aluminum max was 15 amp. You can go higher on 12 guage copper like I have. 20 amp is no problem for the wiring. I can understand it being a safety thing for smaller amp load rooms but the wiring shouldn't be a problem. My only thought is maybe the recepticals you have wired in series aren't set up to handle it??? But I'm not really sure. I'm not worried since I've been running it 3-4 years and never pull a huge amp load through the circuits. I have no more than 4-5 plugs on a circuit anyway. My house isn't a spec house....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
TimP said:
SRI Cleaning said:
[quote="Jim Martin":2n1lu2gx]must of been a hard wire job .must of been hard to get threw code....

I used to do electrical work. There isnt a code against going over the 15 amp norm. As long as the wiring supports it (12 gauge) whatever is pluged into the outlet isnt taken into account. For instance, christmas lights. They have tiny little cords, imagine running 15 amps through them!

I checked into it some....12 guage aluminum max was 15 amp. You can go higher on 12 guage copper like I have. 20 amp is no problem for the wiring. I can understand it being a safety thing for smaller amp load rooms but the wiring shouldn't be a problem. My only thought is maybe the recepticals you have wired in series aren't set up to handle it??? But I'm not really sure. I'm not worried since I've been running it 3-4 years and never pull a huge amp load through the circuits. I have no more than 4-5 plugs on a circuit anyway. My house isn't a spec house....[/quote:2n1lu2gx]

no one said that there was a code going over 15 amp norm............but you sure as hell don't want to run things like clock radios ..plug in lamps or over head lighting in a 20 amp because if they short out it may not trip the breaker to stop the problem. this has nothing to do with the wire you run ...you both are on the wrong page...the code I was referring to was how many 12 gauge wires you can put into a 14 cube box..that is what would make wiring the house by code difficult.....Google that code and let me know....

TimP

Talking about the breaker box????

Plenty of room. Not like the building inspector looked in at it. But I wired it and it's nice and tidy, I think it's a 40 slot one. I actually have two breaker boxes....one outside for the dryer and my tankless water heater (100 amps itself)....and the eventual pool. The one inside for Stove....ac.....and the rest.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I'm done...I was just trying to help the boy out not get into a debate....he has a wife and kid and a ugly little cat and I would hate for something to happen over people not knowing what they are doing....if he has anymore questions he knows how to get a hold of me...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Instead of having to use vac booster wouldn't it be easier/cheaper to just install an other vac with a cord reel and shut off valve (so you don't have to use it every job) on top of that trashcan?

Or is that vac booster just for the up sale. Like Joe.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
ODIN said:
well Dave you just don't know shit

just keep posting to show us all what a Moron you really are?

I was too shy to ask before... What end does the wand thingy hook onto?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I know that I'm glad mine has a lot thicker stainless and better welding.

Maybe better luck on the later ones as you likely will learn more after this experiment.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Damn! :lol:

Since I went to school for welding I was letting it slide! All and all can't wait to hear the numbers!

Keith

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
What's the vac gage read when you put your hand over the hole?

C.f.m.?

Able 1

Name
Keith
They seem to to avoiding any measurement. Wonder why?!

Keith

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I couldn't give you specs on my machine to save my life. Give them a little bit of time.

Or maybe they don't care what the numbers say, they just know it does an acceptable job and any competent cleaner can do an acceptable job with that product.

Able 1

Name
Keith
B&BGaryC said:
I couldn't give you specs on my machine to save my life. Give them a little bit of time.

Or maybe they don't care what the numbers say, they just know it does an acceptable job and any competent cleaner can do an acceptable job with that product.

Do you build the equipment that you run? That is the difference.

Keith

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have a very simular machine. So ,I know it's not a power house. But,when combined with a propane heater it is going to be a very good machine for most applications and it will be far less money than most truckmounts. When combined with the saving in gas and the ease of maintance many carpet cleaners will find it to be a good choice.

Able 1 said:
They seem to to avoiding any measurement. Wonder why?!

Keith

Maybe there not done tweaking it...have patience, do you expect it now? They just built the dadgum thing.. I am also very curious what the specs are, unlike some.... I REliaze that some things take time.

Name
John LaBarbera
Nice Job, Terry. Very impressive. I think electric TM's are the up and coming thing. It won't replace the gas/diesel for some but there is a market for this product. You and Judson have some good innovative ideas. Keep up the good work. You guys are an inspiration. I like fresh ideas.

John

Name
BradFenstermaker
Terry looks look, let us know how the testing goes. You could paint each unit to there company colors.

What size gen would you need if you chose to run one?

Did you leave your dogs at the house? There not in any of the pics.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Warranty calls? I have been giving out 6 month warranty's and a bottle of spotter with all my protector sales and haven't had to answer a single call that wasn't within our seven day touch up period.

You just give a warranty knowing that nobody will redeem it :shock:

Joking. I was surprised when I learned that nobody ever took me up on my warranty. I figured I would be doing two or 3 a month.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom