Pork hole or holes?
Hammock?
Rhino?
Extended?
6.0?
Wrap or Font?
28" leased spinners?
Cash or finance?
Will you and Blake be bringing both vans to all your jobs now?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Congratulations Marty. Hope you get many years of dependable service out of this van.
I think you'll really like it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Built in filter box or Devpro?
I have no idea what a Devpro is. I do not think it has a filter box. Koko's doesn't and he's told me about how he put womens stockings inside his vacuum ports. That is not something I see myself doing, so it I do not like the filter set up on this machine I will purchase another Devastator.

Boring three tier shelves in back?

TCS had two shelving units rhino lined for me. The installed one and will install the other on Friday if I see that I want it.

Pork hole or holes?

Through the step on the side door. My vac, solution and pump-out hoses go through the side door. TCS called me this morning and said there was no way they could run the live supply hose out the side. They are going to have to put it in the rear, but are going to see if they can put a floor port there, or if they are going to be forced to put a door port in. I asked why they were so adamant about avoiding door ports and they said they didn't think they looked good. I have no opinion either way. My only comment was I did NOT want to have to stand at the back door and hand pull all the hose out with it piling up at me feet. I wanted to be able to walk with the end while it came off the reel. If I can't do that with a floor port, then I wanted a door port.

Now, BEFORE, you Cleanco owners go to all the trouble to explain how you can't do that with the solution and vac reels, save yourself the trouble. I am fully aware of how it works out the side. I want the live supply reel to be different.

I get the impression that the Cleanco dude (who I will meet on Friday ... somebody came down from Cleanco to do the install) thinks a fresh water hose is unnecessary with a 120 water pond. I beg to differ.

Hammock?

I will continue to take my naps at the office.

Rhino?

Yes. They also rhino'd the two shelving units too. I like that because it should cut down on the noise a bit.

Extended?

Yes. I think extended vans are fugly, but one of the reasons I bought the Cleanco was because of the room it left. I figured I might as well get the extra 18" the extended offered while I was at it.
6.0?
Wrap or Font?

No wrap. I have never seen a wrap that I thought was worth the money.

28" leased spinners?

Stock
Cash or finance?

I raided my retirement fund.

Will you and Blake be bringing both vans to all your jobs now?

Actually, I am not sure on that. I will just have to see how that plays out.

J

JS41035

Did you get the freshwater preheat option? I've never actually been able to talk to someone who did.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
You made a good choice Marty. My Cleanco has really given me the performance and reliability that we needed to push to the next step.

Now get yourself a rotary extractor.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Will I get to stop climbing this telephone pole for internet hook up?
I have a very nice Motorola bag phone. It even store all your number in its memory up to 40-numbers.

I know a guy that knows a guy, that knows a guy, that can still get them. I can hook you up if you are interested. :biggrin:

Big Jim

Name
James Milne
What were you thinking I would go with?
When we discussed it it seemed that you didn't feel the Cleanco unit would provide you with the heat you wanted/need. The tests and results from mikey's fest using the same setups had interesting results. While Cleanco wasn't the hottest it wasn't far off similar units. I have used a lie detector ATW and the numbers posted are inline with what I found. Question is; what flow and pressure do you intend to run? I think you will like your new rig as we do ours. I'm interested to hear back after you've had a chance to run it for a while.

Reactions: Russ T.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I got my suspicion of Cleanco's (oh, and kiss my ass, Taco) possible heat limitations from discussions with Mike at TCS. I have no memory of discussing the Cleanco with anyone here, because it really wasn't on my serious radar. I have talked off and on with TCS for years about the possibility of purchasing a direct drive unit. In fact, 5 years ago, when I purchased my current TCS Chief II, I almost pulled the trigger on a direct drive then. Mike is aware that I have been corrupted by the boards and told me without hesitation that I "probably" wouldn't be happy running 12 flow with the Cleanco. In his opinion, 6 flow at 450 psi was optimal. I did NOT like the sound of that. So, I didn't purchase. Fast forward 5 years to today, and things changed.

First, I had another 5 years of dealing with oil leaks, another burned up Kohler, melted head liners and singed arm hair and decided enough was enough.

I also got tired of purchasing the latest must have MB tools and finding there was no place on my rig to put them. My Chief II, with my oversized #4 heater, has only slightly more storage room than a Butler.

And, I started noticing that guys I REALLY respect had slowly started going back t0 6 and 8 flow. Talking with them made me start to think that 12 flow MIGHT POSSIBLY be another board fad that had run it's course. Interviewing these guys told me their cleaning at 6 flow and 450 psi was no different than my 12 flow at 500 psi. I may find out different, but I am willing to try it.

And, last but not least, Cleanco made me a super deal I could not resist. (No, it wasn't a Saiger deal. It was a deal offered to everyone who purchased during the Experience) I got a $4200 live reel/water pond (120 gal) for free. Plus, TCS was able to get another couple three thousand off my van. My local dealer was not willing to budge off the list price. They kept saying the supply was too tight. BS ...

All the above, and the fact that I really like TCS, and wanted to keep my relationship with them current made me go with Cleanco.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention the storage space the Cleanco provides. I'll be able to store all my current board fad tools and quite a few that will be all the rage in years to come.

No, I'm not interested in Mikeys soon to be special portable.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom