Dennis Bruder's advice to Carpet Cleaner nerds..

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I can't believe this, this is becoming tmz live!

Is there a recording of the conversation as We need to get down to the bottom Of this as soon as possible.

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I guess I'll have to have Dang make me one...
You big S*!T, I have been waiting all day after the phone call to come read this.....Laughing all through my last job wondering what did Mikey say lol

YOU MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD that was funny......Jerk!!!

Reactions: Mikey P

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
First of all I would like to say that the quote my friend Mike posted was a little inaccurate as I don’t believe I said “leave it to the big guys” I started in this industry over 30 years ago as carpet cleaner and I have the highest level of respect and gratitude to this great industry. Many of the best tools of our trade started out in a cleaner’s garage on their work bench. In fact Dri-Eaz was started by a carpet cleaner and friend of my family Claude Blackburn. I think this post has been taken out of context as Mike and I were discussing some of the challenges that folks in our industry have faced in taking their great idea and building a few units by hand in their garage to mass production. I am sure those who have stepped into the arena of manufacturing will attest that the grass in not always greener on the other side. Purchasing parts, fabrication, insurance, marketing, accounts receivable, accounts payable all demand time, energy and capital. My point was there comes a time when the manufacturing of the product distracts from the cleaner’s core business and juggling their schedule becomes exhausting. I will note that Mike was in full agreement with this and thus I am sure why he started this discussion. Additionally the risk of someone knocking off their product with a lower cost alternative is always present, something Legend Brands does not do! I would point out that Legend Brands has a long history of supporting small business people in our industries ideas. We have had the privilege to work with the Studebakers on several tools that cleaners use daily. I am sure that my friend Keith Studebaker would tell you that neither I nor Legend Brands takes this industry for granted or in any way want to stifle entrepreneurship and creativity. We welcome ideas that challenge current technologies and drives us to continued product development.
Beautiful post and a HIGH FIVE right there, This is 100% accurate, my cc has suffered, many times I have said screw this carpet cleaning is much easier....but I love what I do.
Also I did NOT take what you said in a bad way at all.... I think I understand more now than ever, It takes a huge amount of your life. I mean it LIFE.
Guys now a days:
Man I hate cleaning out my filter the white liners are such a pain.
I want to say but don't:
Shoot kid go buy a pool filter, and a 1980's tm and use it for a DAY and then complain

The new gen of cleaners have no idea, heck now we can hardly get TM's to cool down to 170* to shut them down after the jobs.....Heck back in the 80's guys couldn't hardly get them there much less than make a few passes and now your back to tap water temps.
Do you know how many trips have been made to go clean out climb into a hot van to get to a waste tank basket, or other type of filters on dirty negleted carpet?
How many guys have bad shoulders from scrubbing carpets with a gradi brush or bad backs from lugging 100+ pound pieces of equipment in and out of vans up stairs.
So thank you for doing what you guys do....I do look up to you guys

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Bingo!

Is your gummy shark good enough and appropriate for a Jon Don or Aramco to want to shelve it?

Shane can I ask how many of your widgets have you sold?
Its a subscription model, between 80-100 every month.

Eventually will transition to territories like More Floods, thats the model just not ready yet.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Taking the weekend to go cheer on my youngest in his first wrestling match in Susanvile.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Rotovac has a lot of good stuff!

Just not a Bon zer fan,

I do like the upholstery tool.

And ya Richard I know it can spray you in the face!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

steve_64

[QUOTE="SamIam, post: 4474177, member: 20311"

And ya Richard I know it can spray you in the face![/QUOTE]
This was supposed to be quoted first...

Back
Top Bottom