DID BUTLER STEP UP YET

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Brian....having never met your daughter I suppose there could be an exception to what I said. ..but very few I'm sure. ...
We jus went through a five year ordeal concerning the wrongful death of our son in a nursing home....THEY KILLED HIM WITH 28 TIMES THE LETHAL DOSE OF HYDROCODINE.we learned first hand the lying double dealing behind the back deals and expense padding....did I mention LYING that is commonly practiced by most lawyers....

I am sorry to hear that Bob. She most assuredly is more the exception. She is a very righteous and honest person, just like her dad raised her!!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
OK here is an update.

The GM regional Rep called Butler today (heard about my social media post from another dealer)

AGAIN BUTLER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OF THIS TROUBLE.

THE BUTLER HAS NOT CAUSED ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS!

This is a local dealership and regional problem. I had asked it to be moved to another dealer and even Butler asked but the region rep doesn't want to do that yet.

Someone at GM is giving (and getting) incorrect information.... And no one there moving things along.

Butler talked with the Rep and Tom from Butler even told them he would fly out to listen and help determine the cause so I cannot ask for more from Butler at this moment.

Tom from Butler made some good diagnostic comments with the rep and the rep has said he will call to start with putting on a starter.

I don't care where they start just get the thing off the lot and a mechanic on it!

Today we needed both vans as we have Austin back working too (thankfully) guys will be working until 8 pm probably because only one van.

When super busy hits we need both!

That's my update.

(and I don't know if Tom from Butler really knows how cold it is there! Or knows it takes a flying culvert with wings, a unicorn... and a couple sled dog teams)

Reactions: Colton and Brian H

MerCrewser

It's beyond belief that the dealer will not take 15 minutes to pull the oil pan and replace the broken windage tray/oil pan baffle that's rattling.

Reactions: Newman

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
You got everything drained on that machine. ...even the capillary tube to the pressure gauge will freeze an take it out......cuz you jus know some DA mechanic gonna leave it out to long...
First the pressure gauge then the Dywers gauge

I like MerCrewers post.....btw!

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
GM is the problem.

Local GM rep we are finding to be a big problem... And van was told to not be worked on... Even owner of dealership called...

Told them they can apologize later. Get someone working on the van. He even told me they were not given permission and monies to do so... :eekk: :dejection:

So between the dealership and GM rep not sure who is telling the truth.

I am in close contact with Butler and even they are finding hard to believe the crap taking place.

Local dealership is taking Butlers recommendations and putting a starter on it and pulling the inspection cover (finally) but allowing limited work until region
rep arrives on the 22nd... Again...

I am hearing from couple auto engineers that could be crack in frame or around motor mounts area.

The GM rep won't let me take it to another dealership for work. Van has kind of been black balled I found out tonight from some insider information...

More tomorrow and next day....

This is also a waste of time for Butler because of a couple rogue people involved calling shots.

Even a dealership who reached out to me happens to have the same region rep and they were told they were not allowed to work on it... :dejection::madder:

This sucks for everyone....

ButlerFrank

Name
Frank Ellerker
I really feel for you, Mark. It sounds like you've found the worst dealer and GM rep in the country. There are a lot of single truck operators that this fiasco would have put out of business and that bunch you're dealing with could care less. I hope you get some resolution and soon.

It puts Butler in a bad spot also. Regardless of the fact that we all know it's not their fault and that they may be doing all they can to help you. They will suffer because from my understanding they are pretty much just offering GM vehicles at this point. No matter how reliable the Butler system is, people will shy away if the manufacturer of the platform it's mounted in won't take care of the customer when a problem like this arises, no matter how rare. Sad for Butler, they have proven to me over the years that they're a great company with a great product and they back it up, unlike GM.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mark...I may have asked this before. ..
But does the rattle noise speed up as you increase the rpm...

Dumb question. ... I know it does...right?.

MerCrewers real hot.....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Mark...I may have asked this before. ..
But does the rattle noise speed up as you increase the rpm...

Dumb question. ... I know it does...right?.

MerCrewers real hot.....

No the noise stays at same speed or tempo it seems even when accelerating.

So it is same speed and sound I believe all the time

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
If the van and system were bought together, from Butler, I’d put it on a flatbed and drop it on their lap in Ludlow.

I’m sorry this is happening to you Mark. You’ve been more loyal to Butler/GMC than anyone I know with their machine. People buy Butler BECAUSE they believe they will be taken care of. It’s easily the most established manufacturer in our industry.

Does Butler believe GM is going to stand by this? I bet they do.

There should be a new one on it’s way to Grand Rapids...like a month ago.

The wrap wasn’t cheap so I’d leave it to Butler to figure out if they or GM reimburse for that.

I can’t believe what’s been happening. I haven’t even commented because I feel like my brain can’t understand why they haven’t made this right for you yet, Mark.

You’re positive attitude has been exemplary.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Has GM told you not to drive it....
Cuz at this point I would drive it till it breaks.....then your warranty should cover it...
ROAD TRIP!

Jus sayin
NO. I thought that too, at first.

Mark is determined to treat HIS customers better than that. Not going to have his van spewing oil and chunks in their driveway from the inevitable meltdown or worse.

Then to have that residue in their drive until April when the snow melts.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
NO....I meant out on the freeway ....
Maybe eighty. ...eighty fi......
I'm not kiddin...
The truck DOES have a warranty doesn't it?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
It's NOT a machine problem, it's a GM manager problem.
I agree, but maybe the dealer near Ludlow that Butler bought it from would be able to fix Mark’s 80K lemon.

That local dealership is a huge liability for Mark.

It’s a good thing for them that he’s known as Mr. Happy.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So none of your brothers have a back up unit to loan you?

I’m guessing someone at GM has carpet cleaning stock in a local carpet cleaning business and it isn’t Saiger’s!

steve_64

Drive it to Detroit to GM headquarters. Oh yeah the breaks quit quite working too as you go through the showroom. :icon_twisted:

I'm mmmmmm herrrrrrrrrre.

Reactions: Scott S.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
If the van and system were bought together, from Butler, I’d put it on a flatbed and drop it on their lap in Ludlow.

I’m sorry this is happening to you Mark. You’ve been more loyal to Butler/GMC than anyone I know with their machine. People buy Butler BECAUSE they believe they will be taken care of. It’s easily the most established manufacturer in our industry.

Does Butler believe GM is going to stand by this? I bet they do.

There should be a new one on it’s way to Grand Rapids...like a month ago.

The wrap wasn’t cheap so I’d leave it to Butler to figure out if they or GM reimburse for that.

I can’t believe what’s been happening. I haven’t even commented because I feel like my brain can’t understand why they haven’t made this right for you yet, Mark.

You’re positive attitude has been exemplary.

Drop the van off in Ludlow and the finance company will still come after Mark for the payments. That wouldn't solve anything except ruin Mark's credit.

At this point, I think I would have my own staff dig into the machine to see what is going on with it. At the very least they could inspect it to try and find out what is happening.

If it was major and I was blacklisted by the local dealers, I'd be real tempted to drop the GM vehicle in Mary Barra's driveway. She is the CEO of General Motors and also a customer of ours.

Reactions: Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Be careful on that curve in the road with that big tree.....cuz once those damn airbags go off.....it's pretty much totaled out.....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Those warranties are usually (on small stuff, not Mark's case) more hassle than they are worth. Because you have to deal with the dealership.

I had a starter go on my new GMC, still on warranty. My mechanic said- "have them take care of it."
Yea. Right. And loose at least three work days. Fix it, I'll pay. It's a lot cheaper that way.

I think its part of the manufactures strategy.
Worked like a charm with me.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Those warranties are usually (on small stuff, not Mark's case) more hassle than they are worth. Because you have to deal with the dealership.

I had a starter go on my new GMC, still on warranty. My mechanic said- "have them take care of it."
Yea. Right. And loose at least three work days. Fix it, I'll pay. It's a lot cheaper that way.

I think its part of the manufactures strategy.
Worked like a charm with me.

I’m guessing Mark
Would’ve pulled the trigger on another solution if it wasn’t winter.

That’s the only saving grace.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom