Did I "F" this carpet up ?

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Never seen this in 25 years of cleaning. I had a call back regarding a tan carpet turning green along the walls, desk, basically along almost all of the furniture (Desk, etc) and the border next to the stone hallway. 12 year old nylon, mild soiling and I used either Cobbs or Procyon. Either way, nothing too high in PH. The home owner is not looking to have the carpet replaced but is as perplexed as I am. The first pic is where the sliding closet door was. You can see my Conway glide marks along it. Thoughts?
IMG_2393.JPG
IMG_2395.JPG

SamIam

Name
sam miller
not bug spray guy..butt
be an odd place to apply bug spray, wouldn't it?
middle of doorway and middle of transition strip??

has the carpet ever been cleaned before, Tom?

..L.T.A.

Doorway??
Look again that’s a closet imagine it closed and spray boy getting loose!

And edges are are where they spray!

Ps it’s nothing Tom used!

Could be a swamp cooler with chlorine in the water but I doubt it!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I see it's a closest
still..I'd choke the azzhole if he sprayed in front of door like ..closet or other

..L.T.A.

Think if it interms of Stanley Steemer!

They have lots of great guys and nick the new guy!

Well maybe it’s nick the new guy!

sassyotto

Name
Paul
we can guess what this is till we are blue in the face (or green) but it really doesn't matter.

If you evenly used the cleaning product and it was your fault of your cleaner, the entire carpet would have turned green. You just exposed it by removing the soil and/or added water which caused it to discolor. Either way, it was there before you were.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If the discolouration is same width of your wand head i'd say you'd have to have had something in your solution line thats caused it.
Even if a gumby has put something on that shouldn't be there it would be a miracle that its the same width as your wand head

Reactions: J Scott W and FredC

FredC

Village Idiot
we can guess what this is till we are blue in the face (or green) but it really doesn't matter.

If you evenly used the cleaning product and it was your fault of your cleaner, the entire carpet would have turned green. .

I don’t know about that...from the description and the pics it seems it may have appeared in areas where wanding “started” or “ended”

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Im not a hx guy Im a fuel burner so may be completely wrong, but when copper oxidises it turns bluey green could the hx need a clean?
I don’t know about that...from the description and the pics it seems it may have appeared in areas where wanding “started” or “ended”

That's not really the case, Its about 4 to 6 inches wide at the worst, again only along the edges. No discoloration in the middle of the room.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
That's not really the case, Its about 4 to 6 inches wide at the worst, again only along the edges. No discoloration in the middle of the room.
Are you going to be okay on this? Or is the customer making demands to fix it? This looks like one of those boobie traps that was preexisting prior to your cleaning. UV damage? Who knows. It's a tough one.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
the only other thing I've seen similar was where the housewife had done a springclean with dilute bleach around everthing and there was a discolouration, but that was noticeable before I started and part of the reason she called me

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Bug spray normally puts off an orange color, but that could be. Ask her if they cleaned the walls with any bleach in the past. It's hard to believe that the rundown from the wall would go out 2-4inches, but you never know.;

Either way, there's a green shade. Is it a green color added, or is there a loss of color to make it green?

Name
BradFenstermaker
How many jobs did you do that day with no problems??

Something was down prior to you cleaning. Lucky for you it was discovered.

Sorry it was you.

How many times do we clean and remove DIY soothing only to find a color Loss area.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If the homeowner is being cool about it I'd say they know they did something

the one I saw with the bleach she had sprayed it on the walls with a trigger sprayer so the misted overspray was approx 4" out from the walls

Reactions: SamIam

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I've had this happen after pre spray from custy using oxyclean plus a thousand other things.

20140429_132217.jpg
20140429_132247.jpg

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
I've seen it many times. Fume fading would be my first guess on an older carpet especially by the closet. By the tile may be the same or ammonia/bleach from tile cleaning. Check heating system and location of vents as it may help.

Reactions: Spurlington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom