Discuss the Mike and Shawn ONLY thread HERE

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
steve g said:
mikey's real problem is he sees the writing on the wall, truthfully I don't think you can depend on aerotech making machines and having parts indefinably. blueline is done with vortex, everyone knows it, heck shawn is starting an arbitration case with them, even he thinks it. so where does that leave mikey with his vortex..................in one year.................2 years.................3 years from now?? lets keep in mind mikey actually goes out and cleans for a living and uses real prespary, he isn't a bob vawter who has nothing better to do than rebuild broke dick machines. Mikey is seeing 10's of thousands of $$$$$$ go away in maybe finding parts, maybe finding someone to work on the machine and in the end maybe being able to sell the unit for something in the end. This are all legitimate concerns and its easy to see how even 2 years ago these issues were not going to be problems. if you had a machine you built your reputation behind only to have it go south because the guy who sold the machine is a marketer and salesman rather than a full line manufacturer after being lead to believe otherwise. Honestly if I was mikey I would be even more pissed.

shawn, seriously give up on vortex, accept the things you are not and learn a lesson, concentrate on what you do well. I think if you applied the things you learned with vortex to another field you would be alot more successful. besides we are all a bunch of broke dick carpet cleaners with no money.

"he isn't a bob vawter who has nothing better to do than rebuild broke dick machines"

YES... but they run forever and there are ALWAYS broke dick parts available!
SGPRO.jpg

SGPRO-1.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Mikey P said:
Dollar signs for who Doug?

Mike- I tried to write a response to explain what I meant by that statement, and couldn't do it fairly. So I apologize for that.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
[quote="Doug Cox":3jm490vn]Man - Can I sympathize with V owners on this topic.

My Vortex has the best support in the world!

Blueline and AeroTech.

Both have been extremely helpful, and kind, in helping me troubleshoot recent pto problems... I couldn't ask for better support in my wildest dreams!!! Then add Mikeysboard to the equation and you're good to go!

Scott, no it was kevin, at blueline even gave me the part # so i could shop around for the best deal on a replacement.

Kuddo's to Bill Bruders and Legend Brands!!! (and AeroTech).

So what's the problem with Vortex support again? I can't remember?[/quote:3jm490vn]
A 777 is nothing like a 6008. It's built better and easier to work on. You should'nt mind putting some money in the old beast, you only paid $8,000 for it. George who told you it was the PTO?

Cameron1

like I was saying during the Bridgepoint Marketing fisaco......buyer beware.

Mikey.....you will be a better business man going forward as a result of your Vortex experience.

As will countless others

You owe Yorkie a Thank you.

Mikey P

Administrator
Steve is absolutely correct.

I learned far more than a $76K lesson here.

I would have paid 80K to see just how much of a dick Marty really is.

Name
George Valliant
Erik said:
A 777 is nothing like a 6008. It's built better and easier to work on. You should'nt mind putting some money in the old beast, you only paid $8,000 for it. George who told you it was the PTO?

You might have a point there zipperhed. But don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.

Maybe girlyman should cut his losses and sell his 6008 to someone like me. Instead of crucifying the the fella who sold him the Worlds Most Powerful Cleaning Machine. :-)

I'm sure Odin will make him a great deal on a Nordic1. Lord help him if a switch breaks!

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Make me an offer, 2005 6008 60,000 miles 3,400 hrs 175HP Toyota Hino. Built by FMI.

Mikey P

Administrator
Re:

Erik said:

You might have a point there zipperhed. But don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.

Maybe girlyman should cut his losses and sell his 6008 to someone like me. Instead of crucifying the the fella who sold him the Worlds Most Powerful Cleaning Machine. :-)

I'm sure Odin will make him a great deal on a Nordic1. Lord help him if a switch breaks!

Look asshole, the crucifixion was Shawn's idea.

You paid $8000 for your hunk of worn out shit and you act like one of us who paid full price.

You don't own a Vortex.

You own a worthless piece of ZeroRez memorabilia.

Name
George Valliant
Post some pics and I'll have a looksee....

It might be good if I have one on hand so I can walk Mikey threw difficult trouble shooting steps like filling the radiator bottle.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Seriously Mike, you need to get a grip on yourself and realize that you are not the center of the universe. There's still support out there and you still have a functioning machine. Unless you continue to allienate yourself from every possible avenue of support, you should be able to use that machine for years to come.

Your only problem is that everybody hasn't jumped to meet your needs in the fine fashion that the small fry mfgs here have always done. Carry on with your Judson relationship and allow Les to continue to stroke your ego and you will be fine. They are reliable machines, I've been told ... mainly by you and Greenie ... well, now that I think about it, may be not.

Will we have a Judson hard on coming in a couple of years?

Less, be forewarned ... always return Mikey's calls or you could be next.

Mikey P

Administrator
My machine is not for sale Merty while your's is.

So answer my earlier question Marty, where would you be with out MB and Jim Martin? Both of which are not listed in the Vortex manual or website as available support.

This whole thing came about because Shawn wanted to know why I don't recommend Vortex anymore.

and yes, unless someone is extremely savvy in electrical work and stainless steel welding (or loaded with cash and has a back up truck or three) I would not recommend they buy your truck either. Those switches and wireing, your HX's and fresh tank have about lived up their livelihoods.

Name
George Valliant
My 10 year old "worn out POS" has more balls than anything new available today that ain't Vortex or ZeroRez and you know it.

You already stated you've made millions with it.

So, fix what's broke then go make more millions with it. Or, sell it and go getcha some lawn mowers. ( I can't wait to see how that drama unfolds).

The board is good Mikey. Nobodys taking that away from you. So, in order to preserve our fantastic friendship I have decided to go along with you on this subject.

Mikey! You really ****** up by purchasing that FMI Vortex. Maybe the only model worse than yours is the bigger POS Bering/Peterson. If you owned one of them i'd have to kick you in the nutz myself.

:-)

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Post some pics and I'll have a looksee....

It might be good if I have one on hand so I can walk Mikey threw difficult trouble shooting steps like filling the radiator bottle.

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG]http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/thiltz/Vortex/IMG_0029.jpg[/IMG]

IMG_003502.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
If I really regretted my V purchase I would have it for sale right now.

Keep in mind I "only" paid 76k for mine.

If you think I'm wining wait till those $105K trucks start to fall apart

hogjowl

Idiot™
Every machine breaks down and everybody, at some point, has need of help to repair them. Vortex and Aerotec trucks are no different than any others. With one exception.

Their past and present owners haven't pissed Mikey off.

Mikey, when you are capable of having an intelligent discussion regarding this subject, without resorting to personal attacks and attempting to pit one person against another, then I will be glad to talk with you. Until then, leave me and my relationship with Jim Martin (who is a true friend and has no industry aspirations) out of this conversation.

My Vortex was for sale long before Shawn and Bruders pissed you off and has nothing to do with your personal problem related to those two. The reasons for my selling it are not related to this topic and have nothing to do with the problems you seem intent on inventing in relation to Vortex or it's support.

Until confident, capable and straight shooting Vortex owners like Jim Martin and Billy Lewis start talking bad about Vortex, I won't be all that concerned. Until then, please forgive me for not getting excited and supporting the drama queen of all the boards in your personal vendetta.

Mikey P

Administrator
How are your electric skills Fool?

I've had a short that causes my panel to lose power for some time now. Now that I have my guys going out with out me today was the day I could no longer count on "Hit the box with your palm" or "Wiggle that clusterfuck of wires down there"..

According to Jim Martin, a retire electrician this coupler has no business being in a vibrating wet environment.

b914f070.jpg

Yet there is is all 22 wires coming from god no's where into the control panel box.
Some hamfisted hack at FMI decided it would be a good idea to include the white spiral wrap under the clamp that holds all those wires together. Notice how it melted around the wire.

ec42c1a1.jpg

So after bugging Jim for two hours on a Sunday afternoon we isolated the wire and took it out of that equation and routed it around the coupler.

Look up N%#@rigged in the Webster dictionary and you'll find this picture.. :shock:

ed1b605d.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Nice try Marty, neither Shawn nor Bruders have "Pissed me off in any way, at all.

I gave up on Shawn when he moved to Costa Rica.

I still have complete faith in Bill to do right by us Vortex owners even after Shawn get's his worthless patent back.

So when Oxley sells your machine for you are you going to ask Jim's permission to paste his cell number on the control panel or will you lie to the buyer and tell them Aerotech and Blueline will be around for the next five years to help him out.

This is all about you dude and you're a real POS for trying to turn this around to make me look guilty of anything other than being honest.

Mikey P

Administrator
hogjowl said:
What problems have you had Erik?

Yeah Eric tell him how many damn blowers you've had to replace.

"Vendetta against Bill and Shawn", you are either the stupidest person in this thread or the most dishonest.

Most likely both.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
hogjowl said:
What problems have you had Erik?
I posted them all, tank, blowers,you name it. Shawn took very good care of me. But they don't have a lifetime warranty.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Marty, since you know so much about these trucks can you tell me why FMI could not deliver a V for close to 3 months? After they produced a dozen or so units?

Can you tell me why BlueLine had to totally reinvent the Vortex fresh watertank?

Just how hip are you about that truck's history of yours?

You don't know jackshit about them and are just upset that I've woken you from your wet dreams over finding another sucker off MY board.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
3 times I rebuilt the blower and its blown now.

1. Bad engineering, had a single coog belt.

2. Flex hose had a clear insert that let loose.

3. Vac Relief valve sticking, never realized I had a problem with the relief valve.

4. Same reason as third

P.S. Can anyone recommend a good relief valve for this unit and a price for a Suterbilt?

Name
George Valliant
Is this what all the Vortex bashin is about?

Sorry bro! That feakin sucks!

Jimbo's a saint and I take my hat off to him.

You got any ASE Master Certified automotive mechanics in your town? If so, buy him a case of beer and flip him some cash and your good to go.

Mikey P said:
How are your electric skills Fool?

I've had a short that causes my panel to lose power for some time now. Now that I have my guys going out with out me today was the day I could no longer count on "Hit the box with your palm" or "Wiggle that clusterfuck of wires down there"..

According to Jim Martin, a retire electrician this coupler has no business being in a vibrating wet environment.

b914f070.jpg

Yet there is is all 22 wires coming from god no's where into the control panel box.
Some hamfisted hack at FMI decided it would be a good idea to include the white spiral wrap under the clamp that holds all those wires together. Notice how it melted around the wire.

ec42c1a1.jpg

So after bugging Jim for two hours on a Sunday afternoon we isolated the wire and took it out of that equation and routed it around the coupler.

Look up N%#@rigged in the Webster dictionary and you'll find this picture.. :shock:

ed1b605d.jpg

F

FB7777

Mikey P said:
Hey Marty, since you know so much about these trucks can you tell me why FMI could not deliver a V for close to 3 months? After they produced a dozen or so units?

Can you tell me why BlueLine had to totally reinvent the Vortex fresh watertank?

Just how hip are you about that truck's history of yours?

You don't know jackshit about them and are just upset that I've woken you from your wet dreams over finding another sucker off MY board.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

yea Jim Martin is the man ... you are one of a kind 8)

Mikey P

Administrator
Will that same ACE install a round fresh tank in my truck when I get tired of welding up my square one?

Will he replace my blower when the main pulley bearing goes kapoot any day now?

No, me and my farmer buddy will be doing all that late into the night.

I've taken care of every issue I ever had with the unit. It's never been in a suppliers shop.

Back
Top Bottom