Discuss the Mike and Shawn ONLY thread HERE

Why don't we just all admit that this is just one big swinging d**k contest. Owning a V has never been about making money or increased production. Two trucks could have done that cheaper and better. Shawn York did a great job selling people on the idea that a tractor trailer size truck would make them stand out. Hell even I saw photos and was smart enough to realize that no customer would have any clue what a Vortex was or what it meant. Imho the V looks just like a small cleaning machine in a big truck. Harpers setup looks more professional and eye pleasing to me. So really everyone that bought a V did so because they thought it would give them a competitive edge which is really a false sense of security. Kind of like a guy buying a 80k dollar sports car to impress females when a few good jokes and some personalty would accomplish the same goal for a hell of a lot less.

I think Shawn York is a brilliant marketing guy that sold people on bigger is better. Back to my original statement. I could never get over how small the actual machine looked. Not the tanks or the reels.

How has the industry changed? I think cleaners just believed things for the way they are and accepted whatever they were told. Not so anymore. I mean that with all tools, chemicals, and equipment.

Mikey you have a nice machine. It may require some work and maintanence, but I have never heard one person say the performance was lack luster.

Do you think you will sell it or use it to make a couple more million? :shock:

Name
George Valliant
I feel your pain man.

Nobody goes into the business to turn wrenches on their equipment til the wee hours of the morning.

That's a drag!

If you don't mind me asking, how many hours / miles on your rig?

A

amazingcleansc

Erik said:
IMG_003502.jpg

Seeing that venturi that gave you the steam to buy the 6008 gives me hope for the future. thank you.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
THE BIG TRUCKS are unsurpassed for convenice and long hose runs. As stated before, you won't know till you run one. It's not just another pretty face.

hogjowl

Idiot™
That's tough Erik. I am surprised it's not you on here singing the blues instead of Mikey. When my PTO went out on me, I didn't blame Vortex ... I just got it fixed. My water box leaks and I am going to need to get it welded soon. You haven't seen me complain about that either. I can't remember you going on a jihad when your problems occurred either. If my memory serves me well, you took out your tools, or your checkbook, and got the problems fixed. I bet you were pissed, just like I was, but we both just got it done and over with.

You see, there's a difference between folks like you and me and folks like Mike. We just don't expect special treatment. Stuff happens and we deal with it. Stuff happens to Mikey and suddenly it's everybody's problem.

And if you disagree with him, he starts to attack you as well.

Some day, Mike is going to call someone a fool, say he's dishonest, a thief and a liar and that person is going to sue. Chances are it won't just be Mikey that is sued, but anyone associated with administering MB as well. I see that coming and I decided I didn't want to be a member of that wagon train when it happened. So now I am the new enemy and when I disagree with Mikey I am personally attacked.

Same old game, different board.

Ryan

Just be glad you didn't disagree with Rob Allen, Marty. He would have booted you azz off his board and flamed you from here to hell. :shock:

Mikey P

Administrator
Marty you can't address one issue other then the made up one you and only you believe.

You bought a used unit. You were not 300 miles into this Vortex purchase when you knew you made a mistake.

You have not complained about your machine because you knew you were going to sell it asap.

I've brought down the value of the truck you're trying to sell and there is nothing more to it than that.
How much bitching have you done on the boards about products that "wronged you"?

If you're so damn stupid that you actually believe that a volunteer moderator on a carpet cleaning chat room could be sued for some thing the owner of the board said, you really are the moron Terje said you were.

Do you realize what an asinine comment that was?
Of course not..

And to think I stood up for you.

I talk about my V's issues so fellow owners can learn from them. I put up rooms so we can discuss them. You've never contributed one thing other then pleads for help from Jim.

When is the last time you even started a thread of any interest? I just looked, not one new thread this year. Just one liner after one liner. You should be sued by all the advertisers here for being a total bore.

We just don't expect special treatment
Really who was the pussy who wouldn't come to MF unless I paid for his room? Or were you saving your hard earned pennies to get your fresh tank repaired?

I'm not mad at you for being a dumb ass Marty, I'm just real disappointed that your morals are so ****** up.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I think marty's strait to the point funny!!

Both you fuckers are so opininated, no wonder you butt heads.

"Thats my thauts not yours" DAVE HUNTER and CHUCK the freak 88.7 fm

Mikey P

Administrator
and every product and service has a "But" Fred.

Ask anyone who ever asked me personally about a Vortex and they all got honest in depth answers.

Marty was the only one who didn't ask.

Not only didn't he ask, he came to California to buy it.
Two hours from here actually.

I would have been more than happy to ride out to inspect his truck and tell him it was out of Tranny fluid before he drove it all the way back to Prattsville.

hence the blown PTO.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i tell all the guys i talk to that buy used v's - buy them cheap and put 10 grand or so and they will be awsome machines. that said mikey bought his new with an uderstanding that his truck would last a good twenty years with the right maintenance, six years into service the truck has caused him alot of frustration and down time as well as some embaresment when shutdowns happen in middle of jobs. he probably feels like he was a bit duped and that shawn completely misrepresented himself and his "Company".

Bob Foster

Like a good :p friend of ours said "They're more high maintenance than a Jewish wife..." !gotcha! shiteatinggrin

steve g

Name
steve garrett
holy shit, this is getting really good, when mikey lets it rip, I just sit back and laugh my ass off, like your truck is just a piece of zerorez memorabilia that was good. why is it too much to ask the company who sold you the machine that being vortex to KNOW how the hell to fix the machines. yorkie the founder is MIA when it comes to technical problems, its like asking a used car salesmen how to rebuild an engine. you would think the founder of the company, the one that sued aerotech for stealing his machine would know a little bit about how to help mike get his machine running.

this is all shit I tried to say years ago, and mikey if you think you got problems just be glad you don't have a petersen unit, that came in the bering trucks. I have seen several of those where the owner just said f it, junked out the truck and salvaged the components as best they could. the problem is no one would help them. the trucks have been computer controlled for years, this programming is not something everyone can do. you could be left with an expensive machine that will not work. I can't tell you how many times I have seem older vortex machines at my suppliers and the owners hopping like hell to get the machine fixed.

Name
George Valliant
Innermitten electrical problems are absolutely most difficult to troubleshoot!

Almost impossible to fix over the phone. It took 2 weeks once to track down a similar problem to a loose connection. All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't help me pinpoint the problem over the phone.

So, why toss everyone associated w/ Vortex under the bus cuz of a loose wire?

Who knows, maybe mikey's got a loose wire!

All I know is my 1999 "worn out peice of shit Zerorez memorbilia" Vortex has more balls than anything being produced today that ain't Vortex or Zerorez (steamaction don't count).

Dry times are insane, customers dig it, and they prove it by opening up their wallets when the Worlds Most Powerful Cleaning Machine pulls up. There's never an argument about price. I tell em how much and they always say okay. Somehow they know their going to get their money's worth when they see The Big Truck sitting in their yard.

There's no slide in that even compares, and a pair of slide-in's in a big truck is pure madness!

Legend say's they are still supporting the Big Trucks and working on a new design as we speak. I have no reason to doubt them!

In the land of "big balls" the Big Truck rules! So, if you can't take the heat get the **** out of my kitchen!

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Hillarious, before you were a hack if you didn't own a vortex. Now, if you didn't buy your Vortex NEW you aren't REALLY a Vortex owner. :shock: You don't get the secret handshake and decoder ring lol! We just can't understand the angst of ownership. shiteatinggrin

I'm kinda glad I bought a 10 year old unit now. Seems it has less problems than the newer versions. After figuring out my overheating issues with the truck, we've had no problems. The only issue with the machine was the temp controller the guy I bought it from installed.

The Preacher

i'm glad i didn't let Yorkie talk me into to one at Vegas. He asked me if i was ready to buy and i told him i was just looking, scares a used car salesman off every time!!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
So Ed

When a person buys a used car or motorcycle they expect to fix things right away. I bought a 2000 XR650 in January that I've already dumped an additional $1500 in getting things reliable again. No surprise, It had been ridden long and hard.

Just like all those used V's out there that have never had their EDV's cleaned out or their Xentherm changed

If I paid full price for a new bike and my gas tank had two leaks, the wiring, fuses and gauges were all going south and I knew if I didn't not re gear my engine that it's main bearing was going to pop soon you better believe I'd be hounding the local Honda deal with as much passion as I am here with my WMPCM.

Bob Foster

Man are you guys hard. I think Shawn must be contemplating suicide by now... might have even figured out the best way.

Even if in the end things didn't turn out like any of you or he thought and for all his faults he did bring some innovation to our industry. This terrible assault on his character really would leave most people in his situation with the resolve to never come back to this industry with any more ideas.

I hear he's going to build the worlds most powerful lawnmower...

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Mike, I'm not faulting you for being pissed that for all intents and purposes, there is no more Vortex. I'm simply poking fun at the comment you made to George about him not really owning a Vortex since he bought it used. (That's paraphrased, I'm not searching back to find the exact quote.) It's just kind of silly to tell a man he's not relevant because he bought a used machine and you bought new. Your perspective on your experience was interesting. I sure wish you and others would have let that horse out of the barn back when it could have save alot of folks some money and heart ache. But as I've said before, buying a Vortex is like marrying an ugly woman. You HAVE to think she's beautiful cause your are stuck with her! Then one day that ugly witch up and cheats on YOU! Then all those years of parading her ugly ass out in public makes you just want to kill her! :evil:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Ed said:
Mike, I'm not faulting you for being pissed that for all intents and purposes, there is no more Vortex. I'm simply poking fun at the comment you made to George about him not really owning a Vortex since he bought it used. (That's paraphrased, I'm not searching back to find the exact quote.) It's just kind of silly to tell a man he's not relevant because he bought a used machine and you bought new. Your perspective on your experience was interesting. I sure wish you and others would have let that horse out of the barn back when it could have save alot of folks some money and heart ache. But as I've said before, buying a Vortex is like marrying an ugly woman. You HAVE to think she's beautiful cause your are stuck with her! Then one day that ugly witch up and cheats on YOU! Then all those years of parading her ugly ass out in public makes you just want to kill her! :evil:
been THERE..
done THAT!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
This has got to be one of the most informative posts here for years. My TM slide ins are getting old, and I really considered buying a Vortex-type unit. I like the power potential, appearence, the wow factor for the custys, but it's all for naught if the friggin' thing ain't going to last, or better yet, run well for years.

I'll stick with my slide ins....the Genesis, my old Powermatic back-up......I even have a 405 Performer sitting in the garage that could be up and running with a little TLC.....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Check out a Butler unit sometime Robert if you have the chance. They run forever, have great power, are simple to maintain and their customer support is phenominal. To top it off they have great resale value down the road.

Ken- aka Butler shill :-)

Chris A

Name
Chris
rwcarpet said:
......I even have a 405 Performer sitting in the garage that could be up and running with a little TLC.....

For sale? I need some 405 parts...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom