DO not buy a rotovac 360

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You can only do so much for some people.

I think you have been very reasonable and patient in regards to the problems as presented.

What other company would replace a faulty (?) part, if the purchaser was unable to supply said part. :?:

Reading earlier posts, and their inherent tone, I wondered, does "schitzo" sound familiar here. :?:

Stress can also make some people do and say weird things.

Ooroo,

:roll:

PS ::: :lol: The answer is NO, I am not an exception to the rule. :lol:
& I still love my little video above. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crazymcnick

Lol Good post by Rotovac I thought the rotovacs products were covered under warranty for one year anyway no?

duckster

In my experience I find that warranties have disclaimers that protect the manufacturer against breakage due to misuse. The warranties are to cover defects in the item, not the end user.

Years ago when we had 5 1/4" floppies the story goes that some lady called a tech support group about how her floppies stopped working the moment she put a label on them. The tech further probed for details and found that what the lady was doing was adhering the label, inserting the floppy into a typewriter and then neatly typing the disc name of the label. The bending of the disc in the typewriter was what made it no longer work as expected. Not a manufacturer defect, a defective user. Just like this Daniel fella I gather.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
My computer guy always asks me if I still have the box the computer came in. :oops:

What is he really trying to tell me. :?:

Ooroo,

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Shorty Down Under said:
What other company would replace a faulty (?) part, if the purchaser was unable to supply said part. :?:

I do. I take my customers on their word. Do some take advantage of me on that? I'm sure, but my philosophy is that I'd rather err to the benefit of the customer than err to favor myself and possibly alienate a customer who had (or perceives they have) a legitimate problem/concern.

I'd rather if wrong was done, it be on their side, not mine.

Take care,
Lisa

Willy P

Name
Willy P
truckmount girl said:
[quote="Shorty Down Under":2f63hl68]

I do. I take my customers on their word. Do some take advantage of me on that? I'm sure, but my philosophy is that I'd rather err to the benefit of the customer than err to favor myself and possibly alienate a customer who had (or perceives they have) a legitimate problem/concern.

I'd rather if wrong was done, it be on their side, not mine.

Take care,
Lisa[/quote:2f63hl68]

I admire that business philosophy and try to adhere to it myself. Yep, you do get shafted occasionally, but it works out in the long run.

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Re: DO buy a rotovac 360

I agree with you Lisa. Rotovac has always worked hard to make sure that our customers are taken care of. With a warranty, especially on another manufacturers machine, there are certain steps that must be taken to ensure you get taken care of properly.

Take care of your equipment and you will be able to clean another day. :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Dan.

Thanks for becoming a member here.
Let me ask you something.

I'm always amazed at how many one or two year veterans that find the Bulletin Boards after buying one of your starter packages. In my 9 years on the boards, I've seen it so many times. I've lost count

What key words, types of optimizing or basic ads to you guys do to sell those Porty and RV packages?

Seems to be working really well for you all.

and no, I'm not trying to sell you a banner ad.

sdills62

I have to throw my 2 cents in on this one. I was one of the people who purchased a starter kit from RotoVac. It was about a year ago. I purchased a 360, Mytee 200 psi unit and a Mytee heater. I knew very little about carpet cleaning and my sales rep Ryan was always friendly and patient with me. I later purchased some other items and had a few minor problems. Ryan alway did right by me. I took the IICRC class and lurked on this board and others. Eventually I purchased a good used BlueWave TM. The 360 with the Mytee is fair, add heat and it becomes better. Put the RotoVac 360 on a TM and you have a real Cleaning machine. I don't use it often anymore since I have a 175 but when I need an edge the 360 comes out. I have found over the years you get more out of people by being nice. On the minor problems, I had I talked nice to Ryan, he did me right even if it was my fault. If a part fails and is due to user error the company has to protect itself or all future customers will be paying for the user error in the form of higher prices or lost profits. If the pump failed due to powder detergent build up there was no clear rinse water run through it at the end of the day. I'll bet the jets and wand valve were also messed up. The Mytee manual clearly outlines the correct way to run and shut down the machine. In this age of "someone else needs to take care of me" its time people act professional. If I mess up I expect to pay for my mistakes. (I've spent thousands on my mistakes over the years) Hats off to Ryan and all the folks at Rotovac. IMO you run a first rate company.

-JB-

Name
JB
Hats off too you Steve, congratulations on your success after year one!

Sounds like you've got a lot on the ball, pleasure to have you here w/us misfits.

Name
Lee Stockwell
With most portables it's a good idea to vacuum the water out of the fresh tank and make it a point to lock the vacuum cuff down to the strainer inlet to the pump, backwashing it.

Every day!

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Lee Stockwell said:
With most portables it's a good idea to vacuum the water out of the fresh tank and make it a point to lock the vacuum cuff down to the strainer inlet to the pump, backwashing it.

Every day!
Not realistic with Pumptec or it takes 10 minutes to prime the next day, even putting the primer hose in the vac port.

R

rotovacguy

Exactly, Willy. I never try to back flush the pump with the vac hose due to the priming. Instead I'll pump a nice mixture of hot water and vinegar through the pump, and let the pump do it's job and rid the system of excess "detergent". It'll clean the pump out, along with the solution lines, too, and my pump won't lose it's prime.

I don't do it "everyday", but I try to do it at least once a month. I would think if you are using your porty daily, or really often, the build up should be minimal versus running lots of powdered cleaners through there and letting it sit for weeks unused.

But to each their own. If a certain way works for you, great. I have had minimal pump issues doing it my way, so I must be doing something right! :mrgreen:

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Give me a call anytime 888-768-6822 x114
That said I love my rotovacs and never had a problem with the product besides the wheel pin after years of use and I just replaced that and the hose which cost like 80 bucks to replace

Chris the website guy is great to deal with though

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
With porty's, it's also a good idea to remove the dome or plexi cover on the waste tank, and run both vacs; for about three minutes at the end of each day.

This will help dry out any moisture inside the cabinet and help prevent rust forming on top of the vac; motors.

Ooroo,

duckster

Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Thank you Rotovac for giving us the TRUTH.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Chiming in on this very late as I just re-registered here. "Don't buy a Rotovac 360". Hard to bash any piece of equipment when so many of us operate and maintain our stuff differently from one another. Portables have a certain performance as compared to TM's and I've seen many inexperienced cleaners disappointed with them. I've seen it as an expectation issue, not an issue with the machine. Not knowing how to clean is yet another factor.

The RV 360 is just fine, even stock. I own and run an early version powered with my truck mount but I can see that it could be very effective with a 2 motor portable. IMHO I would feed it with at least 200psi for effective rinsing. For empty residential and apartments I would choose a 300psi model, add a propane heater like a 3HT Little Giant and poof your in business. A little edge detailing and closets with a wand would help. Could be a good set up on a budget.

RV now has newer cast vacuum shoes that confine any overspray. I'll be adding it as soon as cash flow will allow. Meanwhile, my original non-teflon vac slots scream. I run 2" all the way to a CoolCuff 2" reducer right at the plenum. The pressure rise in the RV plenum is let's say, productive. Yes way beyond what a 2 motor portable can provide but a guy could easily add a vac booster and if empties and apartments were more then enough then there you go.

Mike Draper

I was a newby and bought a start up package from Rotovac. Nothing but great guys to work with. Dan G. is all about taking care of his custy's as well. Like I've said before, I think everyone should have a RV-360 in their arsenal.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I need to apologize to Dan and Pam. I got the bums rush on complaining

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I woulkd like to point out that I never had a problem with rotovac before my previous posts and now see what he is stating. I was a loyal customer for years and now am reduced to being a complaining douche bag. They took my website offline in retaliation on a compalina and didn;t even call me. They tried to hurt an inde[endent person. I would never buy from them,\

Back
Top Bottom