Does any company make a bad pre spray any more?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think gun smoke has fried your brain.

not me..but YOUR kin folk

[h=1]Deadly shooting reportedly over Alabama's loss to Auburn[/h]
A woman charged with killing a fellow Alabama fan after the end of last weekend's Iron Bowl football game was angry that the victim and others didn't seem upset over the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn, said the sister of the slain woman.

:eekk::eekk::eekk:

Yea i know you're Auburn guy, but ya'll look alike to me

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'm pretty much using S&G at 1oz/gal. I mix two oz in a 2 gal jug, fill my HF container with no tip.
I would agree I'm a bit yesterday, vacuuming was sooo yesterday but it works and as my dad always said, along with many other dads, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I guess I like the fact that I can trust what's IN the S&G more than what's in the Flex.

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
Flex w/ citrus is a awesome prespray,, use it on commercial and nasties,, swapped to it awhile ago. And I had used S&G, but the shipping costs,, no thanks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ron it's like wands or upholstery tools use what you like to use. Don't feel pressure from Porkfritter.

I too am amazed you didn't like the Flex. :confused:

But hey I don't sell it, in fact I didn't even get a free jar. I bought the stuff when Fred Boyle said how great it was and its has worked for us also.

We don't all use the same Vacuums, Sprayers, Wands, Upholstery tools, TM's, it's personal preference. You're not behind the times.....well.....maybe. :p

j/k

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm pretty sure the samples of Flex at M9F were small jars.

Unlike some here, I don't give an opinion of any chemical until I've used it on at least 40 jobs. NOTHING works on everything.

I said it before, my guys don't get excited over many chemicals, and the poor confused bastards get to try far too many products because of my rock star self being sent all this free stuff.
Many products are tried once and either worked so bad, leading to a complete do over or stink so bad they don't care how good it works.

THEY LOVE Flex and THEY LOVE this Magic Wand neutral rinse.

I over work them like crazy so I keep the shop fridge filled with drinks and snacks and let them pick the chems now.

Reactions: GCCLee

hogjowl

Idiot™
Reeko, I seriously think that by NOW you should have made a decision on your chemical line and should stick with it. Changing chemicals every month or two when you are running crews should be avoided, since I know your school system is no better than ours is, and half your employees either can't, or won't read the label directions.

Let them learn the products you use and get used to the mixing directions, and let them get in the groove.

And Ron, don't listen to him. If you seriously think you can't trust Bridgepoint over the ingredients in Flex, then you need to feel pressure to step up your game and get in the 21st century.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've used Prochem products for decades, Chemspec before that. We don't hop around ya dipshet! :biggrin:

We really don't any restaurants but had one that was willing to work with us and pay a reasonable rate. We used the Flex on both of their locations. We had previously tried scrubbing in traffic lane cleaner with a Cimex, rinsed with a Powerglide, then a Rotovac even post bonneted with Orbot but using the Flex cut right through the worst areas with ease. It looked better and sped up the process. Amazing stuff!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We low moisture 50% of the commercial work, most of what we clean is fairly clean carpet. More maintenance type cleaning than corrective. The Flex was just for the trashed restaurants.

It's still nice to have the big hammer if we should ever need it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Reeko, I seriously think that by NOW you should have made a decision on your chemical line and should stick with it. Changing chemicals every month or two when you are running crews should be avoided, since I know your school system is no better than ours is, and half your employees either can't, or won't read the label directions.

Let them learn the products you use and get used to the mixing directions, and let them get in the groove.

And Ron, don't listen to him. If you seriously think you can't trust Bridgepoint over the ingredients in Flex, then you need to feel pressure to step up your game and get in the 21st century.

For me, I have settled on a good chemical line.
As for ingredients, why are you saying I should suddenly trust BP for their ingredients over anyone else. While they have a few products I've always liked, it wasn't all that long ago everyone on here seemed to be bashing BP. Bashed one year, shilled the next. Really, its hard to keep up with the flavour of the month. And I KNOW I can trust Les for his ingredients.

"Feel pressured"?? really??? From the same guys that 5yrs ago didn't even have a vacuum on their truck? I've learned to "sift" comments on the board. Last I knew S&G IS 21st Century. Now, the O2 might be last century but it still works. Shipping is costly, but I have to pay shipping on any of this stuff unlike you spoiled guys down there that have free shipping. And its worth the money to get a quality product that no one else has up here.

Tell ya what, when Judson products stop working, when I stop being amazed at what its getting out, then I'll get into another chem line. It might be that for you guys that like to clean 2000sf/hr that you need something like Flex. I work a little more relaxed.
There was something I didn't like about Flex when I first tried it, and that was in summer and I can't remember what it was. I know I never did like the liquid flex, horrible smell and really didn't work at all.
Have you ever tried Cleanco Attack? I've been using it for 20yrs; still working, still kicks butt on restaurants.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
S&G w an after spray deodorizer.
O2 w Modifier
O2 Rinse

Saves a buncha typing and a whole lot more elbow grease : )

S&G doesn't smell it just cleans really well!

Reactions: Ron Werner

Jay_wat

Supportive Member
Name
Jay Watson
When I used the O2 system, I did notice how much effort to clean the measuring cups after use,, now with other products I notice they clean up much easier.

i tried the Procyon extreme carpet cleaner,, on a repeat customer, usually have to use a citrus additive for the pet spots where their dogs sleep,, first thing I noticed and after many years of using products with smells,, there is none,, had to keep checking my hydro force to make sure it was drawing! Even with the Hoss it didn't clean up as well,, (in those areas). Rest of carpets wasn't so bad ,, had to re hit the spots with my usual prespray.
Didnt use the rest of the product,, lol.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Has anyone compared The Flex with Cobbs Powermax? I've used Powermax and like it a lot. Unless it's a huge leap in effectiveness I don't see myself switching considering Flex is pound for pound TWICE the $$$ as Powermax.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Price per pound is not a great measure of comparing chemicals.

How much does it cost to USE. Start with the manufacturer's recommended concentration, comparing SIDE BY SIDE with a known good chemical.

Reactions: mwall2230

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Has anyone compared The Flex with Cobbs Powermax? I've used Powermax and like it a lot. Unless it's a huge leap in effectiveness I don't see myself switching considering Flex is pound for pound TWICE the $$$ as Powermax.

Flex is better.....
Just cant trust that the powermax is going to stay consistent........

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb

We compare presprays by using a dollars worth of each product.

That is what you are paying for.

Try it yourself,

I am confident PowerMax will win.

Dave Gill has been using it for many years with very good results.

Larry

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace

I use half the amount for flex than I used to use of powermax.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
We compare presprays by using a dollars worth of each product.

That is what you are paying for.

Try it yourself,

I am confident PowerMax will win.

Dave Gill has been using it for many years with very good results.

Larry

Its not and should never be based on price...more so if your paying for something that is not working....
so what cost you more...stuff you had to use twice as much of because it was "off"...or had to just pitch out because it was not working at all...or the few extra coins that it cost to get a better pre-spray that you know you can depend on.........

there is a lot of people who have been using powermax...myself included....and over all the years...a ton of people have stood by this product......again...myself included..but...you just cant leave it alone...
I myself can not count the number of times I have come on here and mentioned it was off and not working right.....Do you even know how many people call me all the time asking if I am having the same problems they are.....all those times...and it would take forever to get it back to where it was...money wise...I bet that I have bought 5 extra pails that I did not have to ..because I had to screw around with it to get it to work....

Powermax.....is/was just like the flash cuffs....once it was dialed in real good it could of ruled the industry as far as I am concerned....but after all this time I give up...
maybe one day you will learn to listen to the people who trusted in your product....you are your own worst enemy.....

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
mysa8a6e.jpg

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom