Dynachem d-Limonene Replacement

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Dynachem has developed a replacement for high-priced d-Limonene/Citrus solvent.
A quick check today of two large Citrus solvent suppliers showed pricing form $60+ to $100+ per gallon. This is not sustainable for carpet cleaners.

A few weeks ago, we introduced our Fruit Solv replacement @ $38.95/gal in cases. This product is a blend of 3 solvents from fruit ingredients
and has a better fragrance profile than pure citrus solvent.

Spotting performance should be improved since the solvents have a wider spectrum of solubility.

Another value Enhancement from Cobb, not Investor Groups

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=5507

Last edited:

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Just saw Bridgepoint came out with an updated version of Citrus Solv as well.

Reactions: J Scott W

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Actually,
1. Orange, d,Limonene; least rinsable
2. Strawberry , greater rinsabiity
& 3. edible fruit, greater rinsabiity

I invite odor & performance comparisons.

Most replacements I have seen either use OMS or "pine solvents",

which are not pleasing.

Look at your SDS for products already purchased.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
What's in the citrus solve II ?

D'limonene is still the main ingredient. It is still 100% active solvents. Other solvents with a broader spectrum of effectiveness have replaced some of the d'limonene.

This reduces the cost given the steadily increasing price for d'limonene, improves performance and most like the fragrance better.

Before the price of d'limonene started its rapid climb two years ago, this new formula would have been the more expensive one. But prices on the raw materials have flip-flopped.

Reactions: FB7777

Dennis Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Dennis Bruders
In response to Larry Cobbs comment “Another value Enhancement from Cobb, Not investor Groups” I want to make clear that obviously Larry was not taking a shot at Legend brands as we are part of the RPM family of businesses. Since RPM is a publicly traded company every cleaner has the opportunity to purchase stock in RPM and thus be an owner of Legend Brands. Additionally RPM prides itself on its 43 year track record of continuously increasing cash dividend, something few companies can say.

Legend Brands is dedicated to helping the cleaning and restoration industry grow and be strong. We demonstrate or dedication with continuous investment in chemical engineering that results in increased cleaning product performance and safer cost effective products. An example of our investment to chemical engineering can be seen here:

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
F

FB7777

Don't listen to Cobbler...his team of mad scientists are just jealous

IMG_0393.JPG

Mikey P

Administrator
I can recall the days when the Magic Wand company sold nothing but low cost "alternatives" of popular products..

I hope Cobbs Supply doesn't go in that direction and continue to raise their prices

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
James of all your cogs, chemicals are the smallest. The good stuff cleans better, faster and stays cleaner longer.

The bottom shelf stuff takes more product to effective and supplementary products to boost it.

Guys too often get caught up in bathtub chemistry and only see the immediate results. Later the residue they left causes resoiling.

Can't tell you how many times I've heard a new client say "it looked great when the last guy finished but got dirty real fast after that".

Getting clean is easy. Leaving where it won't resoil seems to be an issue for some.

I was just kidding about Cobb's. :icon_twisted:
Some of you guys like it, so it must be ok.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Whatever business as usual.

Y'all edit/delete larrys post when he has done it to others but leave it here on a post he has started the thread.

When members dig at at a manufacturer or distributor it is just a forum online messing around to have admins or manufactures doing it is different and should be below them.

Like I said double standard.

Reactions: Able 1 and Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom