Electric Truckmount Mytee

Discussion in 'the CleAn Room' started by Sky, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bob Pruitt
    Bob Pruitt

Name:
    Robert Pruitt
    I don't know anyone who would buy that POS. Get a loan and a good truck mount or save a little longer for a well maintained used one. Or buy it and pretend you are running something better than a portable machine. Wish you the best whatever you decide to do.
    Blue-Collar Hero and Matt Wood like this.
  2. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
    I've bought several Prochem 405s used. Never over $5k, a couple under 2k.

Please look for a good used Prochem, water cooled.
    SamIam, Bob Pruitt and Mikey P like this.
  3. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
    I've been down most of the roads mentioned, including a few expensive dead ends.

Rotaries (still in my toolbox)

Portables (the 1972 Vibra Vac RD the best)

Modified portables that would spank anything out of Dallas.

Electric TMs, from Banes and frankenmonsters with generators and huge kero boilers.

Gas TMs out of TX, a learning experience

Prochem 405, 4 running, 4 parts project LOVE THEM!

WM shaft drive Pro 2000, also used, great machine.
    SamIam, Jim Williams and Bob Pruitt like this.
  4. Jack Zipper Zerkie
    Jack Zipper Zerkie

Name:
    jack zerkie
    I had a Hydramaster 470 D I couldn.t wait to get rid of it. I now own that cheap crappy Cobb base unit for the past 9 years and I wouldn't trade it for anything else except another one. The only down side was adding more exhaust to quiet it down and I've done that, I was always against air cooled lawnmower engine BUT I get 240@ the exhaust so there is plenty of heat & 45 blower. I like the open style of the Cobb. I work alone so I don't put my fingers in the wrong place and really like it not being in a cage. The unit is simple like Judsons but with a heat exchange and no propane works for me.. I like to keep things simple like ME so we work together great. When I purchased it 9 yrs ago I was worried about not having anyone local. But a few calls to Cobb and I had the answer. I found that more & bigger isn't what I needed. Sorry Larry at my age this is probably my last unit. jz,
    SamIam, Bob Savage, Jimmy L and 2 others like this.
  5. GeeeAus
    GeeeAus

Supportive Member

Name:
    Grant Baverstock
    I really like the unit...

But.

1. No Heat
    2. Made by Mytee.

Just can’t do it.
    Matt Wood and Mikey P like this.
  6. hydracat
    hydracat

I put together a backup van with this type of set up when my box truck was down with an electrical short two shops couldn't find. Got me by but almost cried when I got my truck mount back and realized what I was missing. 1000.00 for an old hydracat 10 years ago and still runs like a champ.
  7. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    What about the maintenance for these gas powered TM’s? I’m hearing 2 to 3 grand to replace blowers and the like. Seems as if one is working for the machine as suppose to the machine working for the operator.
  8. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    If you buy new and maintain it well, you won't have to worry for quite a long time. On the matter, you will have to replace the electric vac motors more often, cheaper but a nuisance. Buying a used TM, you have to know what you are doing but there are lots of good deals out there.
  9. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Good point cleanworks. What about gas? How often does one have to fill gas tank when operating a TM when say averaging... 2 jobs a day?
  10. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    My one truck with an 18 HP Honda motor takes about 1.2 GPh. My hydramaster cds takes about 1.5 GPh as far as I am able to judge. Gas is about $6.50 per gallon here so figure on max about $10 per hour. I usually average $150 per hour plus so it's not a big issue. Just finished 3 bedrooms, hall and stairs in a 3 level townhouse for $250. Took me an hour and a half. Part of the reason I am quick is the ease of setup and operation of the cds. Hook up a water hose, pressure hose, prespray, (no scrubbing or vacuuming necessary on this one) hook up vac hose and you are cleaning. No worries about running out of gas or propane and with a 100 gallon waste tank, I can go a long time without dumping.
  11. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    As I sit here talking on mb, I just booked a job for the week of July 16th. 3 small apt buildings. $500-650 each. Each one will take aprox 3 hours or less. This is my bread and butter.
    Lee Stockwell likes this.
  12. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    So is it fare to say about $20 a day in gas?
  13. Acp
    Acp

Name:
    Bjorn Marshall
    Sky, our Judson TNT burns 1.5 gallons of propane per hour of use at full rpm and propane heater at full blast. The heater is a #4 little giant high pressure unit.

Ive ran this machine for about 5.5 years, very heavy use.. its a workhorse. Maintenance is very minimal... basic oil changes, blower oil changes, pump oil changes.

Trust me dont go the ETM route, it sucks and your production rates will suffer while spending almost as much as a decent gas machine. I have an ETM sitting in the shop, ill never install it in another truck... ran that thing for 5 years and it was a pain in the ass.

This ETM had smoking hot propane heat the escape is just a portable that sits in your truck with a bigger waste tank.
    Cleanworks likes this.
  14. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Plus your driving gas.
  15. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    So $20/day for truck mount gas and additional $20 for driving?
  16. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Roughly $40/day give or take?
  17. Bob Pruitt
    Bob Pruitt

Name:
    Robert Pruitt
    That would be the same with either machine. If they decide to install a generator... it's the same.
  18. Blue-Collar Hero
    Blue-Collar Hero

Name:
    Rich
    The time wasted in setup alone is reason not to go electric. Lets say it takes you 10 extra minutes per job. 5-minutes setup, 5-minutes tear down.

Then let’s say you do 5 jobs a day (some do more, some do less) that’s 50 minutes a day.

50 minutes x 5 days a week= 250 minutes

250 x 56 weeks =14000 minutes

1400 divide by 60=233.33 hours

233.33 divided by 24=9.72 days

9.72 days of wasted time

How much do you make in a day of cleaning? $600.00- $800.00? X 9.72 days

You’ll pretty much pay for your TM in just a few of years of savings over an electric tm.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2018
  19. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    Generator can run about 8 to 10 hours on gas. TM's are around the same?
  20. Sky
    Sky

Name:
    Sky L.
    The time to set up with the ETM is the exact same as using a Gas powered TM if one has a generator. Literally flip the switch, hook up to clients water, take in high pressure hose, vac and go. I don't see where one is taking extra time to hook up. Again, if you are using a generator.